Toyota Sera - Stock, TRD & GT

Cars Toyota Sera - Stock, TRD & GT 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can try and get some data for you. Andrew (my brother) has his (standard) car in the workshop following a head gasket problem after a thermostat failure, and we're hoping to take it to Snetterton later in the month for a track day (although I'm only coaching not driving).
I looked at Toyota's torque curve and modelled that with a 15% transmission loss, which I have attached. yours wasn't far off at peak power and beyond, but lacked a lot of midrange power/torque.

Toyota claim, at the flywheel, peak power 108bhp @ 6400rpm and peak torque 97 lb ft @ 5200rpm

Manual Gear Ratios
1st 3.166
2nd 1.904
3rd 1.310
4th 0.969
5th 0.725
Reverse 3.250
Final Drive 4.312

Auto Gear Ratios
1st 3.643
2nd 2.008
3rd 1.296
4th 0.892
Reverse 2.977
Final Drive 2.962

Standard Seras don't have a rear anti-roll bar at all. Some people have fitted them to try and reduce understeer, but usually without any scientific reasoning or calculation - they just fit a Starlet one and think it will be better. Andrew has seen one fitted to the axle, but not to the body (so it didn't do anything other than add weight) and the owner was convinced it made the car so much better!!!

With the gearing and power corrected, it's actually very nice to drive apart from the oversteer. Reducing the ear anti-roll figure to 200 doesn't make enough difference, so there is still work to be done there. I appreciate that front engined FWD cars can be made to lift-off oversteer in some cases, but this is extreme and even when driving slowly, given that sims make it very easy to overdrive, it still does it way too much.

A good base to build on though. Keep at it and Andrew and I can try and provide any data you are missing.

The 3D model is simply superb. Perhaps a little low-poly around the hazard light switch, but that's being REALLY picky.

P.S. I won't be sharing, stealing or doing anything untoward with your data file contents, I promise you that.

Attachments

• power.lut.txt
    206 bytes · Views: 289
Last edited:
Cheers Tristan. I'm literally shutting down for bed just now but I'll get back to you in a bit. Quite happy to work with you to get this right!

The rear roll is totally broken in the release version and you shouldn't waste any more time worrying about that bit. The current geometry locks the axle in place, basically. Easy fix, already done on my end.

Oh, late to the party I see :ninja:

Just read the review by Tristan and was pointing him into this thread... yeah, I'm late :sleep: :roflmao:

A3DR updated Toyota Sera - Stock, TRD & GT with a new update entry:

Visual and physics update

View attachment 217176

Visual:
  • Added Momo steering wheel to GT version
  • Fixed hood gap on all versions
  • Fixed inside door glass transparency on GT version

Physics fixes from Jason:
  • Fixed broken rear axle geometry (my bad; misplaced a decimal in one spot while making a last-second adjustment)
  • Adjusted front suspension geometry based on feedback from owner (thanks Joseph!)
  • Updated tire compounds for AC 1.15

Read the rest of this update entry...

It's not your "fault", it's Russo 's weird taste for cars hehe.
Having good physics it's always good man but I can't even bother to check this car cause I don't dig it. I really appreciate the sounds made as well

haha! and this is not the last of it, one day, my awesome mid-engined, rwd minivan will see the light of... AC
previ-a.jpg

Most likely in it's supercharged AWD version as well :cool:

It's not your "fault", it's Russo 's weird taste for cars hehe.
Having good physics it's always good man but I can't even bother to check this car cause I don't dig it. I really appreciate the sounds made as well

Actually this one was commissioned by the owner of a real one, had nothing to do with Dan's or anyone else's "weird" taste.

And even if it did, are you aware that we aren't here to make cars for you? Your opinion of our car choice is unwelcome and irrelevant. I'm sorry you don't like it, but... actually, no, I'm not sorry at all.

And lastly, if you're refusing to download this car simply because it doesn't fit into your narrow mind, you're totally cheating yourself out of maybe the most pure-fun car I've ever done in the GT. :cautious:

Don't worry, I won't be doing any other Toyota ever again. :thumbsup:
There go my chances of seeing my Avensis in-game :cry: I'm only kidding of course :)
With the Sera I wish Kunos would simulate automatic gearboxes accurately. I couldn't even try the new version yet, to many mods coming out or being updated at the moment :confused::inlove:

Actually this one was commissioned by the owner of a real one, had nothing to do with Dan's or anyone else's "weird" taste.

And even if it did, are you aware that we aren't here to make cars for you? Your opinion of our car choice is unwelcome and irrelevant. I'm sorry you don't like it, but... actually, no, I'm not sorry at all.

And lastly, if you're refusing to download this car simply because it doesn't fit into your narrow mind, you're totally cheating yourself out of maybe the most pure-fun car I've ever done in the GT. :cautious:
Believe me I'm tempted to try the GT hehe

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back