Toyota Sera - Stock, TRD & GT

Cars Toyota Sera - Stock, TRD & GT 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Downloaded, trying out tonight!

Still remember how useful this image was in influencing how I make my mods!

XxxKC6W.jpg

This is a wonderful mod that came out of the blue ;-)
I love such surprises!

Only a few small niggles:
- all three have an issue where you can see the road through between the hood and the windscreen bezel
- the stock version has some very serious lift off oversteer - is it really that dramatic inthe real car (quite dangerous)
- the dashboard textures do look somehow fuzzy (the instruments mainly, the details around the instrument panel are fantastic)

I really enjoy the TRD version (love that engine of course) and the GT version is so outragious, it provides incredible fun hunting much, much faster cars ;-)

Do you guys see any chance these small issues can be updated?
If those are fixed this is easily 5 star content and maybe, just maybe at some point LODs could be done for the GT version for those one make races.

And as a final wish: could you consider to adapt the GT version and build a fictional GT300 version according to SuperGT GT300 specs to run this in the same grid as the URD GT500 GT-R and any future SuperGT cars ?

That would be a dream ;-)

Another one-click fix: Inside door glass of the GT version is not set to Transparency=true, other cars disappear when you drive by.

Another one-click fix: Inside door glass of the GT version is not set to Transparency=true, other cars disappear when you drive by.

Noted and fixed!

This is a wonderful mod that came out of the blue ;-)
I love such surprises!

Only a few small niggles:
- all three have an issue where you can see the road through between the hood and the windscreen bezel
- the stock version has some very serious lift off oversteer - is it really that dramatic inthe real car (quite dangerous)
- the dashboard textures do look somehow fuzzy (the instruments mainly, the details around the instrument panel are fantastic)

I really enjoy the TRD version (love that engine of course) and the GT version is so outragious, it provides incredible fun hunting much, much faster cars ;-)

Do you guys see any chance these small issues can be updated?
If those are fixed this is easily 5 star content and maybe, just maybe at some point LODs could be done for the GT version for those one make races.

And as a final wish: could you consider to adapt the GT version and build a fictional GT300 version according to SuperGT GT300 specs to run this in the same grid as the URD GT500 GT-R and any future SuperGT cars ?

That would be a dream ;-)

On the issues, the gap under the hood has been noted and fixed already, the dashboard textures I assume you mean when the lights are on? they're not set properly because of the texture (Joseph did the instruments).
On the lift oversteer, @aphidgod is the man to talk to :)

Might consider doing LOD's, but since it's a time attack car it's meant to race alone on hillclimb or rally stages, so I didn't bother at first. But if it turns into a GT300 car... hmm well, we'll see if I have enough interest in the future to work on it. Or maybe if someone wants to work on it I can share the files.

I noticed this too. Looks like rear camber sits at ~0.0 . Seems way dangerous for a street car.

Great mod though. I love this addition to my digital garage. :)

Yep I'm sure @aphidgod will explain it better, but it has something to do with a certain limitation of AC with the solid axle.

OMG , the GT version is pure love :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Indeed it is! it wasn't planned at first but since all the parts are available in real life, had to take the chance and do it. Of course nobody in their right mind would spend so much money into this car... that's why we have AC :)

Indeed it is! it wasn't planned at first but since all the parts are available in real life, had to take the chance and do it. Of course nobody in their right mind would spend so much money into this car… that's why we have AC :)
I bet people actually do, just watch some old BestMotoring DVD clips on YouTube about the Tsukuba time attack events and you see all kind of completely insane vehicles - AE86 with aero mods, sequential transmissions and highly revised engines to say the least ;-)

I love that you guys stuck to stock Toyota parts and didn't go "Russian Mod" to drop a F1 engine into this one.
The way you did the GT car is AWESOME ;-)

Now that idea about the GT300 is really getting to me.
In the good old GranTurismo I really loved to take those complete sleeper cars, tune them to a certain degree and then when they were exhausted a masterdom in form of what you guys did with the GT model would be the last resort to complete outrageousness ;-)

This mod is already on such a great quality level (potential to be perfect to be right there to grasp), it would be a shame if it wouldn't be finished to completeness because it is going to stay and be available + its the only one of it's kind and it has your names on it.

About the dash instrument textures - yes, it is most visible when lights are on. I don't know the technicalities behind this issue but some of Kunos cars have this too - a certain fuzziness that makes reading the instruments just that small bit more difficult and makes the instrument cluster look lower quality - it does not look like a low resolution but a high resolution texture with unsharpen-mask implemented.

The chief reason the GT would never happen IRL is the Sera body. It's unwise at best to start a race car with a base vehicle that's 50% glass canopy both for safety reasons and for weight reasons, IMO. If we really wanted to build this thing IRL it'd be far more likely we'd start with an EP85 Starlet for the AWD driveline/underbody/fuel tank and just build *it* out. But as I told Dan, with enough labor it could be done, and labor is free in AC, so why not? :)

Yes surely it isn't a reasonable start with the production canopy, but there have been a small number of crazy racing vehicles that look more like a 70's spaceship on wheels than a contemporary racer - the latest example being the KTM X-Bow endurance racer with it's flip open canopy.

In theory the Sera could be ridded of it's production glass canopy, be exchanged for plexiglass and an elaborate cage being implemented both for structural rigidity and for safety regs - I am sure the production Sera flexes like Swiss cheese ;-)

I always liked those few completely outrageous "race car" mods in Gran Turismo - they were so over the top that they were indeed fun. This Sera GT mod indeed has the right flavor, I love it for that ;-)
I went hunting a Ferrari F40 with it on my first cruise (I usually drive new cars in a large very mixed field of nice to look at cars and start from the back).

Your Sera does well on twisty tracks with the Ferrari F40 hunting game ;-)

I think my favorite GT 'wacky racecar' was my little Del Sol? Been so long...

It is quick. 350whp in that little thing really gets you going. :)

No, not the Del Sol (I always liked the Civic much better than that), but the completely crazy little AWD Mitsubishi GTO - now that was properly insane ;-)

That Mitsubishi actually came directly to my mind when driving the Sera GT (and of course the Toyota Celica GT300).
I think a fictual Sera GT300 should be RWD and use a Toyota part bin drive train close to that actual GT300 Celica with a sequential transmission and if possible properly cleaned out interior + cage.

BUT: keep the sound system ;-) Thats just the touch of insanity this car needs.

@Dirk Steffen those are the same reasons that motivated me to make a wild version of this car, I always enjoyed playing Gran Turismo with those old and odd cars and add tons of after market parts to make them as powerful as they could be, and race against some more expensive and exotic machines.

The only problem about making this a full spec race car is that it takes the same amount of time and dedication to make a proper interior as it takes to make a whole new car exterior. For now I have a lot of projects going on and lack the proper motivation to keep spending time on this already old project (remember it started about a year ago).

Oh Alberto I absolutely understand and was just thinking loud about the car.
As it is with the few small details fixed it will be a great vehicle to have and hunt faster cars with ;-)
Thank you guys for finishing and sharing this mod!

The real one would have 0.3* negative camber with some toe in, but AC won't do alignment on solid axles, so that's what we get.
Wow, the car actually has a rear axle. I would have guessed a twist-beam, like the Abarth 500 (which AC fudges anyway, but it works I suppose).

It's a shame about that limitation. I guess we'll never get a proper NASCAR. Or, maybe it could be easily added to the code in a future update?

@tristancliffe Don't sell me short, I think I spent at least 3 days on it. ;)

It had been worked on a bit, so I touched up a lot of stuff but didn't give it the full go. I'm holding out hope I'll get some of the measurements that were promised by our owner (ARB dimensions, suspension pickup points, etc.) which would definitely address the issues you're having. If you have that data it's most welcome.

Also I did a math typo (subtracted the right amount from the wrong decimal place) which totally hosed the rear in roll. It doesn't roll. Simple fix which greatly improves the situation. Again though, those are placeholder values while I wait for real data, so if you have better... all for it.

FYI I'm not sure if the power curve is fair game or not. That was one of the files that looked to have been set up so I left it pretty much alone. I'm not sure it's correct and I don't know the source of the reference curve. It may represent the owner's actual car, potentially with some modifications? I'll have to find out. If it's not deliberate and it's wrong, I'm happy for a replacement. I'm not attached to the current one for any reason. :thumbsup:

Would be much easier to do this in PM or the thread than in the reviews section, BTW. I don't always see those and I can't respond to them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back