Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Report Message
.As of Now The Bentley Gt3 car is banned from the league as discused between organisers due to complaints. @holy Sandoval can you please choose another car due to the changes
.And @Adam Morris and @Ben Milden will be changing to the RUF RGT-8 GT3 (Adam-SkyDive Dubai #09) (Ben-SkyDive Dubai #11) This is our final change and will be the car we are running for the full season.

@Andrew Holmes
I agree as a collective decision

My driving style suits the Bentley and I'm pretty quick in to. All cars have strengths and weakness and all depends on setup. @Andy Goodwin is mighty quick in the SLS, he's worked on the setup and he has a driving style for it. Pick you car then work on your set ups
I agree as a collective decision
If you guys truly think there is no unfair advantage i don't mind it being used then. Just being so much slower than the Bentley only made me wonder you know. Don't want you guys to think im whining or anything, just dont want it to be unfair for the rest of us. Hope you understand

If you guys truly think there is no unfair advantage i don't mind it being used then. Just being so much slower than the Bentley only made me wonder you know. Don't want you guys to think im whining or anything, just dont want it to be unfair for the rest of us. Hope you understand

If there's even a slight hint or thought one car has an advantage then it gets banned. There's loads of car to choose from. Just whished we had a Nissan GTR and Ferrari 458 to pick from to

@Adel Elsayed
I also have my TC and ABS on. Because I'm a huge GT3 fan I want as real experience as I can. All GT3 cars have TC and ABS. If you race on a game like this with these off then I personally think it's pointless racing. My friend races them for a living and we compare lap times for a laugh. The amount of changes you can make in real life to the game, it's pretty close.

In the codemasters F1 game then I had all my TC, ABS off as they don't have them in real life.

@Adel Elsayed
I also have my TC and ABS on. Because I'm a huge GT3 fan I want as real experience as I can. All GT3 cars have TC and ABS. If you race on a game like this with these off then I personally think it's pointless racing. My friend races them for a living and we compare lap times for a laugh. The amount of changes you can make in real life to the game, it's pretty close.

In the codemasters F1 game then I had all my TC, ABS off as they don't have them in real life.
Do they make any noticeable difference in this game? Im that guy who since day 1 on his PS2 on the F1 games, always used to turn assists off and sort of stuck with it ever since. Don't think I ever tried them except 1 race in an old CM F1 game. And it's been a couple of years but I'm at that level with even with a pad i can still do progressive throttle, trial braking etc...

Do they make any noticeable difference in this game? Im that guy who since day 1 on his PS2 on the F1 games, always used to turn assists off and sort of stuck with it ever since. Don't think I ever tried them except 1 race in an old CM F1 game. And it's been a couple of years but I'm at that level with even with a pad i can still do progressive throttle, trial braking etc...
I agree, but therefore if so, there's no point in banning TC, ABS and Automatic Gears

All cars have advantages and disadvantages:
Aston and Mercedes have good top speed
Audi, BMWs and McLaren have good turning and balance
I drove the Aston once offline round Laguna Seca and it felt incredible in the corners, so much more stable than the Z4. (Did once online but it was glitched. Had Z4 setup scrn instead of Aston)
But you must really be looking forward to round 2. Was in your slipstream in that Spain vid and i just couldnt catch your ass in your Merc :p

I drove the Aston once offline round Laguna Seca and it felt incredible in the corners, so much more stable than the Z4. (Did once online but it was glitched. Had Z4 setup scrn instead of Aston)
But you must really be looking forward to round 2. Was in your slipstream in that Spain vid and i just couldnt catch your ass in your Merc :p
Yeah I am looking to win in Zhuhai, lots of long straights haha that suits the Merc down to the ground. Also hoping to win Monza, Monaco and Silverstone

Q: How long on average does it take to create a set-up for a circuit?

About 2-2.5 Hours

Q: How much practice have you done for this first event?

30 Minutes so far, will do more during the week

Q: Which characteristic of your car will set you up well for this circuit?

It's a decent cornering car. Not great in a straight

Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?

1st as always ;)

Not sure what's going tonight guys, is there some confusion over the time? It's 10 o'clock here and we were due to start at 9:30 :unsure:.. Seems my mic isn't working in the game so very difficult to communicate with those in lobby...

Was in bumper view in Mikes practice and got booted before I got to turn 3 :/ so no practice at all yet.

Last edited:
Q: How long on average does it take to create a set-up for a circuit?

As the moron I am, a while. Although a bit of it was getting used to the game again after F1 15.

Q:
How much practice have you done for this first event?

Quite a bit. Most of it in the wrong car though :p Don't think there is much improvement coming from me in this circuit though.

Q: Which characteristic of your car will set you up well for this circuit?

Has good turn in but the mid corner understeer kills it a bit for S1 so doesnt make it much special on this track. Might be setup though. Hope I find something during the week.

Q: Where do you aim to finish this week?
Was going to say P3 behind Adam and Ben. Now with their change of car I don't know. Hope it slows them down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back