Thoughts for 0.3?

I wouldnt say harsher, nkp was extremely detailed. I appreciate AC too, especially some cars have some good detail and immersion. Like the oldest BMW M3.

Maybe it is unrealistic to await the same detail and precision from each car in a sim with so many cars coming, nkp was in ongoing production for a very long time with very few cars.
AC as you say is in early stage, with very many cars comparing the two.

I think though that it doesnt serve the customer when I read time and time again that AC is way beyond netKar in physics and FFB.
Ok if you say it's ones own opinion, but it seem here that anyone voicing any complaint at all they are shut down being told they are "wrong" as it is a matter of facts and not taste and opinion.

netKar physics along with these graphics is what many netKar people hoped for, I dont think most netKar people agree that this sim blows the physics of netKar yet.
On the other hand, it might not be realistic to count on this being molded after netKar physics, as that didnt have a huge customer group. You want to make money, you have to appeal to a large mass as possible.

i loved netkar, and now im in love with ac, Both are top sim! NKp was a bit harsher than ac, but this is evolution!
AC has that immersion what stick me to the seat for hours, even it just hotlapping.(other cases i hate hotlaping..)

And i think you cant compare these 2 sims, AC is in way early stage than NKP!

This is completely befuddling to me. I guess it's an extreme case in difference of opinion.
I feel disconnected from the road in AC, compared to netKar. Comparing AC to some of the arcade titles like Shift series, AC is for sure ahead.
It's all in the details for me.
I agree with Sergio here. It's about the feeling. I was amazed by the immersion of netKar, AC doesnt do that for me. For me further, it is not necessarily about realism, but about immersion.

I really wonder what the difference in appreciation is here, because I really cant understand this standpoint at all.

I feel exactly like that, in the opposite direction :p

And comparing AC and NKPro with Shift or Dirt or the like, is basically comparing apples with peanuts. The former are simulations, where the latter are arcadey games. Of course the simulations will feel more realistic.

I will, of course, test nKPro more in the coming weeks, since hotlapping is becoming boring, and I want to race online.

Let me know when you guys race it online, and I might change my opinion. 1 day's play may be too little, and I was driving the openwheelers :)

I agree with Sergio here. It's about the feeling. I was amazed by the immersion of netKar, AC doesnt do that for me. For me further, it is not necessarily about realism, but about immersion.

I bet we are not alone Tomas, I'm sure many other guys who were NKP simracers, will have this feeling.

SInce NKP was more about formulas, it's a shame we don't still don't get more of those, for a better comparison. I'm looking forward to compare the Lotus 125 with the KS2, for me the best simcar ever.

Last edited:
Well the up coming vintage ferrari F1 (cant remember the name) with netKar physics interpretation, that would be completely amazing, along with these graphics also.
Still could be though. Lets see =)

The Lotus 49 I was really anxious to try with these kunos physics, I think I drove it 3-4 times and tried giving it a fair chance. But for me it just isn't very rewarding to drive. Ok if it has bad handling and flicks here and there, in netKar still you would feel and understand what was happening, you could try countering it and feeling the road and forces. Here there is too much left out and I'm getting a little feeling of floating on top of the road. I'm wondering if it has something to do with sounds also.
Maybe it is completely different on different wheels also, I couldnt say.

After a quick search, these are some quotes from people on Radiators forum, who have drive NKP for many years:

Just few comments on Assetto Corsa: it is nice...but...I find it a little too easy to use, in comparison with NKpro; there is too much traction with all the cars, it is quite impossible (difficult I mean) to loose the rear end by applying full power...I've read only very positive comments here in the forum, so I'm afraid my opinion will be destroyed...but I find Assetto Corsa a little bit too much arcade....

Physics are great, looks are great, but i feel i like Netkar more still hehe!

same for me !!! M*****n !!! but i feel i like Netkar more!!!!!

I thought when I drove a single-seater in AC I'd know for sure whether I liked it, but I'm still not sure The F2000 @ Imola was amazing, however the Formula Abarth just feels ordinary, infact all the cars do.

Maybe I'm not out of my mind after all!

I bet we are not alone Tomas, I'm sure many other guys who were NKP simracers, will have this feeling.

SInce NKP was more about formulas, it's a shame we don't still don't get more of those, for a better comparison. I'm looking forward to compare the Lotus 125 with the KS2, for me the best simcar ever.

Im still a big fan of nKP (F1600, Osella, Vintage) ... still driving there everyday :) ... but im also in love with AC (H-shifter street cars)

nKP gives me more excitment ... cant really say why but maybe because of the more direct FFB and more unforgiven physics ... but i have to say that even if i never drove any real racing car AC feels more realistic then nKP to me... not so driving excitment but it feels the cars behave more like they should ... just guessing but its the feeling i have

I enjoy more driving cars with low grip so the racing cars in AC feel to much on rails for me but maybe thats how they behave in real life ...

for the kind of cars i like to drive im enjoying both AC and nKP at the same level but if i was a "fast formula car sim driver" like you are i will probably prefer nKP ... but like you said maybe you should wait for the fast Formula cars come into AC so you can compare it better :)

nKP gives me more excitment ... cant really say why but maybe because of the more direct FFB and more unforgiven physics ... but i have to say that even if i never drove any real racing car AC feels more realistic then nKP to me... not so driving excitment but it feels the cars behave more like they should ... just guessing but its the feeling i have

I enjoy more driving cars with low grip so the racing cars in AC feel to much on rails for me but maybe thats how they behave in real life ...

Have you been driving Zonda R ? The only thing you have to do in order to make it total beast, crazy hard to drive is to lower rear wing by one click.

I don't really understand why anyone would say that nkp is better in any case. I've put a fair ammount of hours in nkp and it was great. But AC is better. And as for the FFB the difference is that in nkp it was good out of the box, and in AC you have to tweak it with sliders (when you do it is better and more realistic than in nkp).

@Sérgio, my dear friend! I remember all of this nkp races here at RD, a lot of fun and struggled throughout the whole race with the car (S-S especially). Yes, netKar PRO was true hardcore-sim, if you do a mistake, you're off. AC isnt hardcore sim but still gives me a lot of pleasure while driving. Totally diferent emotions but the same fun!

Hope to see You in online race really soon, Olá

@Sérgio, my dear friend! I remember all of this nkp races here at RD, a lot of fun and struggled throughout the whole race with the car (S-S especially). Yes, netKar PRO was true hardcore-sim, if you do a mistake, you're off. AC isnt hardcore sim but still gives me a lot of pleasure while driving. Totally diferent emotions but the same fun!

Hope to see You in online race really soon, Olá

Hi Grzesiek, let's hope so, it would be a good sign.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back