Thoughts for 0.3?

Are you out of your mind?

Just to make sure that I'm not, today I decided to reinstall NetKar after not using it since several months ago. By now, AC don't gives me even half of the immersion feeling of Netkar.

Netkar as some magic in the way how it makes us feel part of the car/track combo, it's driving precision, how some cars makes you sweat just to control them. AC is very far from that by now, looks very good, but is like it has no soul.

@Marques, my guess on that case is: Steam has it's ups and downs. By making a contract with steam regards the game, they committed to make the game a mass production. Trying to achieve that, they won't even make this game as hardcore as netkar PRO used to be back then. You know, nk's player base was less than Assetto Corsa's at the first day of release.

@Marques, my guess on that case is: Steam has it's ups and downs. By making a contract with steam regards the game, they committed to make the game a mass production. Trying to achieve that, they won't even make this game as hardcore as netkar PRO used to be back then. You know, nk's player base was less than Assetto Corsa's at the first day of release.

Agree. Making it simple, by now it's seems another game, not a true sim like NKP.

Why exactly?

The physics, or the 'gamemodes'?

For me, it's more in the way we feel connected to the car and to the track, I wish I could be more precise about it, but is something hard to explain.

I still remember when I first try NK (2010) and how really regret not making it a couple of years before, because it make me feel like I was driving those cars for real. I don't feel the same in AC.

I respectfully disagree here. I have never felt so connected to the road, and had such a connection with the car and feel as with Assetto Corsa.

I tried NetKar for the first time a few weeks ago, and for me that actually felt 'detached' and very limited in the amount of feedback compared to Assetto Corsa.

I think it's when you are used to one thing, and it is changed a bit, you feel less confident with it at first. I still remember when I was 8 years old, and my dad switched us from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95, and I kept thinking it's horrendous! Now I realise that I was wrong.

I hope you get the same realisation soon :laugh:

If notice my post, I always refer to AC with "by now", you can be sure that I really wish that in the future I can feel it on a different way.

The intention of my posts is exactly that, not making that you agree with me, is still having the hope that things can improve in the future.

Today should be info . Maybe someone has some leaks already :) ?
I dont know why but I really feel AI in the air .

edit : ok , just went on their facebook page ... but still I expect something "unexptected" :)

Last edited:
Today should be info . Maybe someone has some leaks already :) ?
I dont know why but I really feel AI in the air .

edit : ok , just went on their facebook page ... but still I expect something "unexptected" :)

Yeah i have this feeling too, look at the update shcedule, now dec 6 ( santa) the next one will dec 20 ( christmas) i bet they release the multi in dec 20 or something big!. it would make no sense if they release the multiplayer in the last update, they have to test it and debug, and that not a short journey( but who knows.....)

They post 4 pictures at their fb page so, tomorrow's conten will be:

Silverstone gp layout
887077_775323502493970_1000584608_o.jpg

Another lotus..
1402956_775313652494955_284941262_o.jpg

The Mclaren mp4 12c

922504_775294409163546_73532461_o.jpg

and....another lotus :D
906512_775411929151794_1935270888_o.jpg

My bet on the other track is monza obviously:)

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree here. I have never felt so connected to the road, and had such a connection with the car and feel as with Assetto Corsa.

I tried NetKar for the first time a few weeks ago, and for me that actually felt 'detached' and very limited in the amount of feedback compared to Assetto Corsa.

This is completely befuddling to me. I guess it's an extreme case in difference of opinion.
I feel disconnected from the road in AC, compared to netKar. Comparing AC to some of the arcade titles like Shift series, AC is for sure ahead.
It's all in the details for me.
I agree with Sergio here. It's about the feeling. I was amazed by the immersion of netKar, AC doesnt do that for me. For me further, it is not necessarily about realism, but about immersion.

I really wonder what the difference in appreciation is here, because I really cant understand this standpoint at all.

This is completely befuddling to me. I guess it's an extreme case in difference of opinion.
I feel disconnected from the road in AC, compared to netKar. Comparing AC to some of the arcade titles like Shift series, AC is for sure ahead.
It's all in the details for me.
I agree with Sergio here. It's about the feeling. I was amazed by the immersion of netKar, AC doesnt do that for me. For me further, it is not necessarily about realism, but about immersion.

I really wonder what the difference in appreciation is here, because I really cant understand this standpoint at all.

i loved netkar, and now im in love with ac, Both are top sim! NKp was a bit harsher than ac, but this is evolution!
AC has that immersion what stick me to the seat for hours, even it just hotlapping.(other cases i hate hotlaping..)

And i think you cant compare these 2 sims, AC is in way early stage than NKP!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back