Things Are Happening at Reiza Studios

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Silence isn't always golden, and the silence from Reiza Studios has been deafening recently... leading many to remain curious as to what is happening behind the scenes..

As usual, the popular Brazilian team have been hard at work adding yet more goodness to both the venerable Automobilista title and the upcoming 'Reiza Pack' rFactor 2 DLC, however it looks like the level of work and time it will take to make everything happen has been a bit underestimated by Reiza, leading head man Renato Simioni to re evaluate just when things are likely to appear in the public domain. If recent form is anything to go by, I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it...

Taking to the Reiza forums today, Renato had the following update to give fans eager to know what is upcoming in the near future:

I understand and apologise that our communication hasn´t been the best lately, and our time estimates even less including the initial post...

Historically silence from us is not the sign of things stopping but rather too much stuff going on with a bit of uncertainty, and that´s the case again here including a couple of big developments since this topic was created.

With that said and without going too far making premature announcements, here is what you can surely expect in the very short term (3 weeks max):

• A new Automobilista update
  • Announcing a new partnership that will bring free new (previously unforecasted) cars to AMS before the end of the year
  • Announcing new official AMS competition
  • Release of rF2 Bundle
And there is more still to come before the year wraps, but we´ll get to that once we´re through with the above..
Good news for AMS fans, good news for rF2 fans and frankly good news for sim racing in general.

The next three weeks should be pretty exciting times indeed!

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited to hear of further, unexpected, development coming to AMS? Looking forward to hearing of the new announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Again, I can't speak for VR performance and the reasons behind it, so reading about it won't really change anything. I'm just saying that outside of VR, Raceroom is not in any way worse or better than pretty much any other sim when it comes to CPU usage/bottlenecking.

Again, I can't speak for VR performance and the reasons behind it, so reading about it won't really change anything. I'm just saying that outside of VR, Raceroom is not in any way worse or better than pretty much any other sim when it comes to CPU usage/bottlenecking.
In 2D R3E is a piece of cake even at 4k Ultra ;) same with AMS and AC but pC2 can't max out SS in 4k for my 1080ti/7700k system.
I can't remember why this discussion started but I think someone said AMS VR would be easy to run and then it was said that DX9 doesn't do VR but R3E does and I just said R3E struggles in VR due to very limited single core performance even at 5GHz where other titles on DX11 don't struggle like R3E does in VR!
Enjoy whatever comes now because i cant be bothered with it as i even sold my Rift 3 weeks ago because I can't be bothered with the constant compromise!

And is February 2019 and still this DLC is not available. Just a few more months and we will have a year since it was announced. So I guess not much is happening ar Reiza regarding this DLC :(

And is February 2019 and still this DLC is not available. Just a few more months and we will have a year since it was announced. So I guess not much is happening ar Reiza regarding this DLC :(

They are applying the new S397 shader technology before releasing.

1) That makes sense because why wouldn't you want your paid mod to look as good as possible (and at least equivalent to the S397 cars)?

2) It took ISI/S397 years to develop this technology after many more years of whinging from customers to improve the sub-standard graphics in rF2. Based on everything else in rF2, do you think it will be an easy lift for modders to start using it? Or, will it be a tedious and complicated process to get it right?

3) If you are selling content for rF2 for the first time, do you want to put your best foot forward with high quality, or follow the path of others, including S397, who get lambasted for half-finished products that then require updates upon updates?

Reiza's reputation is for high quality. When it comes to rF2, that means a gargantuan effort to work with an unfriendly platform. I hope it is a lesson to all as to how long it would take to port the complete AMS 2 to a rF2-based platform...

The dlc for AMS was 'announced' back in 2016 :p

It's still advertised on steam as having a release date of July 2017.

Unless you are referring to the rF2 dlc bundle. That was only supposed to release back in August.

So I guess not much is happening ar Reiza regarding this DLC :(

Much like the URD mod group, Reiza bit off a hell of a lot more than they could chew.

Not the best idea to split all your resources on 3 different tasks (rF2 dlc, AMS dlc, and their next game) when you have a staff of ~5 people.

Reiza are done with their end, it's S397 that's delaying the release, well that's what Reiza said when pushed a few weeks back on their forum.

Umm, not quite. Your whole comment is basically 100% wrong :p

Renato's most recent post on the Reiza forum on January 18th:

Sorry it´s taking so long folks. We´re working on implementing S397´s new car shaders now, once that´s done it should be ready for release finally.

It's still entirely on Reiza not being finished producing the content yet. This isnt on S397 at all.

The dlc for AMS was 'announced' back in 2016 :p

It's still advertised on steam as having a release date of July 2017.

Unless you are referring to the rF2 dlc bundle. That was only supposed to release back in August.

Much like the URD mod group, Reiza bit off a hell of a lot more than they could chew.

Not the best idea to split all your resources on 3 different tasks (rF2 dlc, AMS dlc, and their next game) when you have a staff of ~5 people.
Yes it is the rf2 DLC I am talking about.
My toughs also, love Reiza's work but they are slowly becoming URD :(.
If it takes them one year to release thier DLC I have no hope they will update it after the release.

How do you know that? :)
PS, any chance of you releasing your glorious creations for AMS?

I just know that "Reiza are looking for new track artists to join the team for our new sim" ; nothing more than that.

And I hadn't ever considered porting my tracks from AC to any other sim - it's a hard enough job getting them completed for one sim, let alone any more than that! :roflmao:

From Reiza Studios on FB
"Mate The engine wasn´t decided on a few months ago. It is now :) We do understand people are anxious for news and rightly so, we hope that as we progress and are able to share more news, the reasons why it´s taken this long will make more sense".

Follow the link of mine 2 posts up and read through the comments for this quote ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back