The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

2je9PBr.jpeg

Sierra's pretty much ready visually. So I did a couple more liveries. Turns out they're race-specific because Scott crashed the 05 before round 3 so Brock ended up using the 6 for a bit. Starting to get crowded in the showroom.

Last edited:
dfWQRV0.jpeg

First livery going decently. I'm not really aiming for fidelity since it's 1024^2 on a 2000 poly model.
iCM0TTD.jpeg

Edit: Got one, thanks. Former text:
Would anyone mind doing a cleaned up version of the series logo? I don't need super high resolution it's just a bunch of fiddly details that I don't have something good on hand for. I haven't totally looked into it but if it needs to get to specifics to that degree, 1987 Shell Ultra Australian Touring Car Championship, round 3 at Symmons Plains is my main guideline of what content to include (though I'm starting on cars that hit all 9 rounds cause they are much easier to find photos of)

EDICE0t.jpeg

Too bad jpg doesn't like red. Looks a fair amount nicer in the flesh.
Hi . I only just saw this so sorry it's been awhile. I don't know if anyone else has do these but better late then never if no one has.

They are made in vector format so they can be easily edited if you find them not accurate.
Top is 1997, next 1990 as I've found it but the blue version is colored according to a 1:18 diecast model of the 1990 Nissan. I've found that the accuracy off a lot of models leave a lot to be desired.

Attachments

• 1987 Touring cars logo.png
    1987 Touring cars logo.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
ZgJf15i.jpeg

I forget whether I mentioned it, but my current goal is the liveries from round 2 of the 1987 ATCC season, which was only attended by the die-hard teams (being in Tasmania), the privateers pretty much only got to the east coast races and it seems like the sub-2L cars also didn't get invited. So this covers the 5 Commodores that were present. A few of them ran several liveries through the season, and there are 15 other Commodores that only attended some of the races.

Also makes the VL I modeled irrelevant, the first ones weren't finished until the next couple rounds.

Last edited:
Code:
Die Datei oder Assembly "ksNet.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
   bei ksEditor.Form1..ctor(String filename, Projects proj)
   bei ksEditor.Program.Main(String[] argoments) in i:\Manu\Documents\ac-source-pc\ksEditor\Program.cs:Zeile 76.

anyone ever had an error message like that? KSEditor won't start anymore and put this into the error.log instead, even after a Steam integrity check

the ksNet.dll is right there in the same folder
hey u resolved? i have the same issue

ZgJf15i.jpeg

I forget whether I mentioned it, but my current goal is the liveries from round 2 of the 1987 ATCC season, which was only attended by the die-hard teams (being in Tasmania), the privateers pretty much only got to the east coast races and it seems like the sub-2L cars also didn't get invited. So this covers the 5 Commodores that were present. A few of them ran several liveries through the season, and there are 15 other Commodores that only attended some of the races.

Also makes the VL I modeled irrelevant, the first ones weren't finished until the next couple rounds.

Will you release the VL anyway?

Will you release the VL anyway?
Yes, not sure what the initial release will be, but my basic strategy is "sort races by number of entries and do the content in that order". So first the entire Symmons Plains grid, which is likely what'll get released, then work on the Wanneroo grid... etc. etc. up until possibly Bathurst (50+ entries and not part of ATCC... but 40+ of the cars were in ATCC, they just had some international attendees)

pmpodJ3.jpeg

Skins for the Sierra. Featuring some round 1-2 oddities, the red painted headlights and ??? sponsor.

Really very evenly competitive season. Dick Johnson in the Sierra and Larry Perkins VK/VL had the pace to win but just didn't make it happen this year.

Last edited:
Fenix GT4 cockpit is progressing, slowly but surely. The to-do list is pretty stagnant, though, as every time I cross a couple items off the list I add a few more as well :rolleyes:

54d03ebf-5fea-4f38-ad57-71532f8c5ee1.jpg
ab01adfe-2d54-4a76-8232-76e6a558df15.jpg
e27cc152-2ffb-4689-a707-d748042c1986.jpg

If anyone catches anything that's super wrong, please let me know. I'm just sort of replicating what I see in various other cars and tweaking, and I don't know what 80% of this junk is, so I've probably got some dumb connections in there. :roflmao:

Fenix GT4 cockpit is progressing, slowly but surely. The to-do list is pretty stagnant, though, as every time I cross a couple items off the list I add a few more as well :rolleyes:

View attachment 740230View attachment 740231View attachment 740232

If anyone catches anything that's super wrong, please let me know. I'm just sort of replicating what I see in various other cars and tweaking, and I don't know what 80% of this junk is, so I've probably got some dumb connections in there. :roflmao:
Don't forget the racelogic vbox, not a racecar without one

Last edited:
Don't forget the racelogic vbox, not a racecar without one

Of course! It's not a race car without a little blue rectangle stapled to the dash :D

I'm still debating if I want to entirely rip out the console area and build anew, or if I want to mount all the buttons to the blanked off panel that's there now. If I do the former, the rear view camera will get integrated into that. If the latter, it'll be mounted to the dash like most other cars, along with the Racelogic box... Decisions, decisions...

Of course! It's not a race car without a little blue rectangle stapled to the dash :D

I'm still debating if I want to entirely rip out the console area and build anew, or if I want to mount all the buttons to the blanked off panel that's there now. If I do the former, the rear view camera will get integrated into that. If the latter, it'll be mounted to the dash like most other cars, along with the Racelogic box... Decisions, decisions...

I think a real-world manufacturer constructing a customer-racing-car like a GT4 would prefer to keep the original shapes as to link the racing car looks-wise to the street car. "Win on sunday, sell on monday"
:p

Will the car keep the manual transmission or is the lever already actuating a sequential box? Current standard would be to adapt a paddle-shift-system for easier use for the customers ...

Also keep in mind that you propably would have to fit a window-net and a counterpart through the middle of the car.

I think a real-world manufacturer constructing a customer-racing-car like a GT4 would prefer to keep the original shapes as to link the racing car looks-wise to the street car. "Win on sunday, sell on monday"
:p

Will the car keep the manual transmission or is the lever already actuating a sequential box? Current standard would be to adapt a paddle-shift-system for easier use for the customers ...

Also keep in mind that you propably would have to fit a window-net and a counterpart through the middle of the car.

Yeah, I'll likely go with the same main console shape as the road car, but all carbon instead of the Alcantara and plastic of the road car. The central vent will be the anchor point for the right safety net, too.

It'll be paddle for sure. The road car lever was left in place as I worked on other stuff, but I just removed it last night finally. I had it still in the model because in the road car it's mounted to the steel tube that runs through the cabin, and I wanted the race car to have visible markings in its absence to reflect the fact that it was mounted there. I've got a single hole through it right now, but this actually needs to be altered to something with more flare so the shifter would be able to rotate about the axis of the tube as well, since the road car is a full manual, not just sequential. Still working out exactly what that would look like.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 125045.jpg

I think I've got the rest solidified enough that I now know the rollcage isn't going to be altered, so the next major project is to go through and trim the intersections, add weld seams and some other brackets to it. That should really help sell it.

Every time I think I'm getting closer I realize there's like 20 more details I haven't added to the to-do list yet :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back