The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

this RailClone looks good, will Lite version do the job?
It used to be pirated so much that itoosoft had to come out with a very generous lite version to try and fight the piracy.

It will do the job no problem - most of Road Atlanta's array objects were done with the lite version :)

havent tested lite, but looking at feature list, some things make me concerned (unable to edit library etc) And 3 segments per style might be not enough when you deal with armco barriers, so you'll need to clone rc generators.

3 is fine, you can use things like sequence, mirror operators, etc to duplicate objects as needed

Sure thing. I sometimes use more segments for stuff like powerlines/light poles, to control the type of pole by spline mat ID, when there are multiple different types within one continuous powerline, and things like that.

Last edited:
Start WIP URD Darche Skins

53.jpg
69.jpg

It used to be pirated so much that itoosoft had to come out with a very generous lite version to try and fight the piracy.
& @Fuzo
actually tried to find my luck with "free internet" versions when i started help with LAC, as i didn't want to buy another version just for home
turns out they all corrupted your objects, so i ended up getting the licence, it was all the simpler!

It can be a bit pricy for just modding, but it's a life saver.
Also you have to keep in mind, it's not made exclusively (or not at all) for gaming industry, so there's a lot of little things that are not the most optimized, and you might need to clean the mesh sometimes afterwards

i know fat-alfie uses only free scripts & plugins for his tracks, so maybe he has tricks for fences !

For stone walls I just use loft objects. Wooden fences are just renderable splines with UVXform to position the UV on the texture correctly, plus the standard Spacing Tool for the fenceposts. Nothing clever going on here :unsure:

for my rallystage, I made script that does this for me and does some extra things (automatic WALL objects and lods). I used it for the cliff faces, kerbs and guardrails.
It starts with a few source objects, which basically get copied along the desired spline. The script measures the spline and copies the source objects enough times to reach the required length (during which the tiles get randomised to not get repetitive). The script assigns a path deform modifier to the tiles, gives the tiles the right naming and puts them in the right layer. Once everythign is set up, the whole process of placing the cliffs kerbs and guardrails is 2 clicks.

The downside is that the proces requires a very strict setup and has some quirks. I could share the script but explaining what needs to be changed to adapt the set up would be a daytime job.

The upside is that creating a simple version of this proces is quite straightforward. Just measure the spline yourself, copy a source object enough times, apply path deform, connect and weld etc...

Last edited:
I can't add anything productive to this thread, just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of seeing Papa bring out the air fryer every time he decides to post.
Easily the single most hilarious post in this entire thread. I share your sentiment.

Besides, I was positive that I've seen the epitome of excess fluff text back in the day when I was in sim board discussions regarding the accuracy of flight model implementation on F-14A wing gloves and their effect on shifting the aerodynamic center of pressure forward with former pilots, engineers and coders but the past few pages...well, I stand corrected thanks to 1/2 a horse power.

Some more houses and trees for Gelsenkirchen. The most complicated buildings are still missing: the blast furnaces on the right side after start/finish. Green = done, red = missing.

Always love the details in your buildings and especially the spectators. Lola T70 around there must be quite an experience! Is there a pit lane of any sort BTW?

Making my first steps into Assetto Corsa modding with 997.2 GT3 mod(converted from GT Sport). For now it looks cursed (especially for people who live in AC), but i think this is ok for a guy who touches AC mods for a second time ever. Having a little problem with launching it in game to test drive, but at all it goes ok. Thanks for your attention.
__custom_showroom_1632699398.jpg

Making my first steps into Assetto Corsa modding with 997.2 GT3 mod(converted from GT Sport). For now it looks cursed (especially for people who live in AC), but i think this is ok for a guy who touches AC mods for a second time ever. Having a little problem with launching it in game to test drive, but at all it goes ok. Thanks for your attention.View attachment 505695
Model rips/unauthorized conversions not allowed on this site.

I am so incredibly hyped for your cars, can't wait!!
Well then, here is what I have been working on today.

It's been interesting creating the Alfa Romeo P3 because so many different versions were created over the years. We are going for an early 1934 model, and relying more on blueprints and old photos then modern pictures of the car. Because the P3s kept getting widened over the years, we weren't as able to rely on photography of cars that have survived to the present day.

Screenshot (134).png
1632705696248.png

Attachments

• Screenshot (135).png
    Screenshot (135).png
    332 KB · Views: 65
My co-conspirator on the F500 cars is going to be showing off the work so far on his team's simulator at the SCCA Runoffs in a few days, so I've been hurriedly applying polish to the Scorpion model. It's looking better every day... and now I am realizing how crap my work on the Nova Blade was, so I guess I'm gonna be going back to re-do that one in a bit. This week I've been building the AIM GS-Dash to work in game, and starting to finally make some headway on shift animations.

Meanwhile, an autocross buddy is in the midst of re-engineering his own F500 at the moment, and has been documenting the suspension characteristics of that car as he goes, so I took the opportunity to crib off of his notes and learn some suspension physics while I wait to get @mclarenf1papa's version. Turns out some of the initial assumptions I made were *hilariously* bad, but on the bright side it's driving much nicer now...

Screenshot_td_scorpion_600_imola_26-8-121-20-28-43.jpg
Screenshot_td_scorpion_600_imola_26-8-121-20-33-30.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back