The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

this money story is a bit ridiculous , just on my side , spend over 100 hours easily on the model , so charging those 3 dollars , would be paying me 3 cts per hour ....
They're making $200 a month, not 3 dollars, though. Not that your share of $200 a month is worth 100 hours either. Does seem unbalanced to have 100 hours of modeling and 20 minutes of physics work though.

Last edited:
10k dollars profit , for one car mod so I assume after taxes , so that is close to 20k dollars charged to the customer ? , I don t believe it a second ... sorry
Dunno where you're living that taxes are 50%, but regardless, $3 a download and (gross) 10k profit is only 3300 downloads....The Guerilla facebook group has 19,500 followers.

Anyway, the Patreon is at about $170/month and that's constant, so it only partially includes people subscribing for only a single month to download the cars. So maybe not quite 5-10k (which is good, because that would not at all be deserved), but still likely 3k or so per year, or $250/month. You should realistically be getting 70% of that, considering what Stereo said and the obvious laziness of the other members of the group. Over the "lifetime" of a car mod (circa 1 year for 90% profit), that should be about $2000 to you. Divide it by the number of cars you've done and the hours you've worked on each to get your hourly. Will be circa $8/hr. That's the absolute bare minimum you should charge them, and if they "can't afford it", don't do the work. It's a bad association anyway (cannot stress that enough) and other groups will pay higher.

Last edited:
Just some Viper things.

nAZ0Qvi.jpg
These are some of the best quotes I have ever read about the RT\10 Viper..

The V-10’s horsepower was legendary, but the 465 lb-ft of torque often got inexperienced drivers in trouble. “People weren’t used to that—you stand on it at 2000 rpm, it spins around in the road,” Woodhouse says.

Soft motor mounts meant that sometimes the shifter moved an inch off-center. “Instead of going 3-4, you’d go 3-2,” Woodhouse says.

“You’ve got that big 10-cylinder crankshaft with all that inertia layin’ there. You let the clutch out, the tires start skidding, around you go.” Gigantic 335-mm rear tires, the largest available at the time, helped put all that power to the ground. But they couldn’t do the impossible. “When they’re cold, they’re skateboards,” Woodhouse says.

With no ABS, engineers gave the brakes a heavy front bias, to keep the car straight under heavy braking. “That’s the theory,” Woodhouse says. “You want them seeing what they’re gonna hit. The goddamn car wouldn’t stop. It would flat-spot the front tires.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...e-viper-the-most-dangerous-modern-sports-car/

Yep. :)

Mostly the update is just latest tire curves, an inertia adjustment (inertia box in AC is for sprung mass only, so... literally every car is wrong) and some minor aero fixes. But with the Viper I also found a dyno graph that went 1000 revs lower than the one I used for the mod, so while it's pretty much spot on above 3k, it was missing quite a lot of torque from idle to about 2500.

That's been rectified. Can confirm it will spin up the rears if you stomp the gas at 2k in first.

Sadly we can't really do the shifter slop in AC. Maybe we'll have programmable FFB shifters (and clutches!) some day. :laugh:

I can imagine... if I take a hard sweeper in the WRX and need to do a 2-3 shift I often hit the gate and miss the gear. Even motor mounts and shifter bushings never totally cured it. Kinda know how it goes. Would certainly be interesting to be able to recreate that in sim.

Yep. :)

Mostly the update is just latest tire curves, an inertia adjustment (inertia box in AC is for sprung mass only, so... literally every car is wrong) and some minor aero fixes. But with the Viper I also found a dyno graph that went 1000 revs lower than the one I used for the mod, so while it's pretty much spot on above 3k, it was missing quite a lot of torque from idle to about 2500.

That's been rectified. Can confirm it will spin up the rears if you stomp the gas at 2k in first.

Sadly we can't really do the shifter slop in AC. Maybe we'll have programmable FFB shifters (and clutches!) some day. :laugh:
This is good news! I always felt it was lacking in torque. In an effort to livin up the rear end I tried the C4 ZR1 tyres on the RT10 and it came alive. Such a dramatic difference. Felt closer to that car I'd read about in magazines. Good to hear you updated those as well

@ben baron I believe you have not answered my question
I believed you asked the wrong person .... if you haven t follow what i am doing , it is about 3d modelling and lately working on shaders in game !!! , so You are accusing the wrong guy , the fact that the physik of the car was copied from kunos , is more like lack of a guy who make it from scratch in guerilla team , nothing more ...
on top of that :

definition of patreon :

Patreon is designed to be an ongoing donation platform where creators can continually receive support and appreciation from their audiences. However, if you would like to make a one-time donation, simply sign up by clicking "Become a Patron" on the right hand side of my Patreon home page

This patreon idea came because we wanted to see if the community would be interested to support for a complete GT2 grid !

last thing , I am not sure you intoduced yourself to demand or request me anything ?

This is good news! I always felt it was lacking in torque. In an effort to livin up the rear end I tried the C4 ZR1 tyres on the RT10 and it came alive. Such a dramatic difference. Felt closer to that car I'd read about in magazines. Good to hear you updated those as well
I had the same impression when I was tweaking the suspension for the ACR variant (which should still be here for download). Getting the rear to step out as it should without going completely nuts was the hardest thing along with getting it to keep steady under heavy braking from high speeds.

Fun car either way.

You are accusing the wrong guy
I think that's what this entire discussion is all about. We've seen the modeling progress over the last few months, and we know you're not too bad at that.

The issue at hand is that you're associating yourself with a group with a shady reputation at best, and I think most people in this community think you could do better.

There's modding groups out there who do their own physics, and do them well. A talented 3D modeler is surely welcome among the likes of VRC – or if you're more closely involved with Guerilla, perhaps there's room for a cooperation with a dedicated physics modder?

Just trying to be constructive here.

I think that's what this entire discussion is all about. We've seen the modeling progress over the last few months, and we know you're not too bad at that.

The issue at hand is that you're associating yourself with a group with a shady reputation at best, and I think most people in this community think you could do better.

There's modding groups out there who do their own physics, and do them well. A talented 3D modeler is surely welcome among the likes of VRC – or if you're more closely involved with Guerilla, perhaps there's room for a cooperation with a dedicated physics modder?

Just trying to be constructive here.
This is what I am trying to !!!! , and we have been looking for committed physik guy for months , but nobody seems interested , it is way easier to accuse and bash people than trying to learn something and join a team !

Tell me what is constructive in a guy which post only 2 messages on RD , and those 2 messages are only pointing at accusing someone ! He surely wants me in jail for the crime , I have done !) ^^

This is what I am trying to !!!! , and we have been looking for committed physik guy for months , but nobody seems interested , it is way easier to accuse and bash people than trying to learn something and join a team !

Tell me what is constructive in a guy which post only 2 messages on RD , and those 2 messages are only pointing at accusing someone ! He surely wants me in jail for the crime , I have done !) ^^
I don't think anyone is accusing you of being shady, they are saying you are associating yourself with a shady team and your skills can be better appreciated elsewhere. Unless of course you are happy to be a part of their team and reap some kind of benefit from it that we don't know about. (not accusing you here just thinking out loud btw)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 110 44.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 47.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 69 27.9%
Back