The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

gTCoOfK.jpg

The front badge didn't used to say "NISSAN" on it, now it does... and a fantasy livery cause I felt like it. ZOMBIE YOUTH is probably a fictional Japanese clothing brand or something, I just used a randomizer to get words+palette..

964rear2.JPG

Camber

328 60mm = 1.9, 1.60
308 40mm = 1.1, 1.16
288 20mm = 0.4, 0.61
268 0mm = 0.0
248 -20mm = -0.88, -0.73
228 -40mm = -1.65, -1.54
208 -60mm = -2.39, -2.49
188 -80mm = -3.09, -3.46

Pretty sure this is realistically as close as it's gonna get without ****ing everything else up.

So, I had this great idea to place all my high and low poly trees on the terrain, with the highest poly trees closest to the road, then medium in the middle distance, and finally the low poly impostors padding out the distant terrain. I plan to use the vectorised shapes to spawn the trees onto. It seemed like a good idea at the time :O_o:

1ffHqOB.jpg

Hopefully it will speed up my planting process hugely though :)

Well, the engineering quality is probably better on Singer cars. Not sure RWB actually does any engineering themselves, nor if they know a single thing about setup to begin with. The one advantage RWB has is the potential to mount larger width tires, but that's about it. Otherwise I'm fairly sure the Singer kit has better decisions on a piece to piece basis.

Singer cars are inspired by old 964 racecars, RWB is just Japanese sensibilities. Usually I like Japanese sensibilities but not on this one. :unsure:

Well, the engineering quality is probably better on Singer cars. Not sure RWB actually does any engineering themselves, nor if they know a single thing about setup to begin with. The one advantage RWB has is the potential to mount larger width tires, but that's about it. Otherwise I'm fairly sure the Singer kit has better decisions on a piece to piece basis.

Singer cars are inspired by old 964 racecars, RWB is just Japanese sensibilities. Usually I like Japanese sensibilities but not on this one. :unsure:
The Japanese run RWBed cars on certain race events, so they tend to do work somehow, but I hate the mythos some people (like Mr Carbonara from Speedhunters) spin around that brand. Dino Dalle almost orgasms describing the deeper spiritual meaning and understanding no one but the Japanese could conjure out of this shape, but all I see is old Porsches attacked with hacksaws and bolt on fender, to then look somewhat like old 60s/70s race Porsches. And even from the unzoomed photos the end results generally don't look too high quality...just like the name, it's meant to be German, Rauh Welt Begriff, but simply does not make sense. Even rearranged to at least form a usable expression, "Begriff einer rauen Welt", still it's as philosophical as the prints on T-Shirts at H&M.

..ok, rant over :p

So, I had this great idea to place all my high and low poly trees on the terrain, with the highest poly trees closest to the road, then medium in the middle distance, and finally the low poly impostors padding out the distant terrain. I plan to use the vectorised shapes to spawn the trees onto. It seemed like a good idea at the time :O_o:

1ffHqOB.jpg

Hopefully it will speed up my planting process hugely though :)
No pressure mate, but I really do believe that Fonteny is going to be your greatest achievement yet. The skeletal tarmac-in-space version I originally tested was already more fun than most fully realised mod tracks out there. I can't wait to drive it in its final form.

Like I said.. no pressure.
;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events