The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Working on a customizable studio showroom and settings preset for the CM showroom. Especially for modders in mind to show their cars / skin into a controlled studio setup. Will publish it pretty soon :)
jPemJdJ.jpg

yaNU7YH.jpg

itKPJ20.jpg

Ztxbpqf.jpg
Amazing, that's the first time I see a credible studio setup in CM, looking forward to it!

Working on a customizable studio showroom and settings preset for the CM showroom. Especially for modders in mind to show their cars / skin into a controlled studio setup. Will publish it pretty soon :)
Ztxbpqf.jpg

Pretty f***** impressive! Very much looking forward to that. Nice touch with the black/midnightblue...reminds me of Rene Staud, he did this crazy car photography in the 90s in black&blue showrooms with neon bars.

se83sAI.jpg

Poor quality I know, I got this in poster size but not handy right now. Maybe an inspiration for you!? Mind you the guy did this pre SLR/Digital age.

Pretty f***** impressive! Very much looking forward to that. Nice touch with the black/midnightblue...reminds me of Rene Staud, he did this crazy car photography in the 90s in black&blue showrooms with neon bars.

se83sAI.jpg

Poor quality I know, I got this in poster size but not handy right now. Maybe an inspiration for you!? Mind you the guy did this pre SLR/Digital age.

Thanks mate. Actually I was inspired by studio setups from photos from the 80-90thies. All pre digital era :D

I'd been working on proper AE86 physics for some months now, and people nagged me to release it as a data patch to the official cars. I guess I will. Geometry based on measurements/schematics, new tires, engine, aero etc. Proper stuff. Stock, S1, S2 and D included. ;)

Spread the word if you want to hype it.

20190306090042_1.jpg

Soon ™.

1q68Bw7.jpg

Just some dashboard stuff... in a kinda weird spot as far as when I actually work on this but I'm trying to get the essentials done so I can release it and go back to other more serious projects. Maybe I should export it with a white interior so any detail is visible..

^^ Also working on an RSS4 paint job. Almost finished, just hope it still looks ok after its exported from substance painter.
Would look so good with rivets but im not to sure the game or this car would accept a bump or height map? Not even sure how to export the specular/reflection maps into a format the game or car understands. Damn, still lots to do after all.

preview3.jpg

preview2.jpg

preview4.jpg

^^ Also working on an RSS4 paint job. Almost finished, just hope it still looks ok after its exported from substance painter.
Would look so good with rivets but im not to sure the game or this car would accept a bump or height map? Not even sure how to export the specular/reflection maps into a format the game or car understands. Damn, still lots to do after all.

preview3.jpg

preview2.jpg

preview4.jpg

Lookin great!

Unfortunately it looks like this car's normal map is only used for damage, as far as I can tell by looking at its texture files. Might be wrong on that one, though.

As for specular and reflection maps, AFAIK it uses the default Kunos shader, including all of its functionality. Have a look at this post for some info on the system. The texture names vary from car to car, but the basic setup is pretty consistent. If you use CM you can get the texture names from its showroom by loading up any of the RSS4 skins in it, clicking on the car body to highlight it and then looking at the panel on the right; all of the textures used for that material will be listed.

You'll have to use a combination of the main diffuse texture, detail texture and a "map" texture to achieve the various results you're wanting. Matte, gloss, metallic and sort of a bare satin metal are all possible with the shader, but you can't get a full-on chrome finish.

Lookin great!

Unfortunately it looks like this car's normal map is only used for damage, as far as I can tell by looking at its texture files. Might be wrong on that one, though.

As for specular and reflection maps, AFAIK it uses the default Kunos shader, including all of its functionality. Have a look at this post for some info on the system. The texture names vary from car to car, but the basic setup is pretty consistent. If you use CM you can get the texture names from its showroom by loading up any of the RSS4 skins in it, clicking on the car body to highlight it and then looking at the panel on the right; all of the textures used for that material will be listed.

You'll have to use a combination of the main diffuse texture, detail texture and a "map" texture to achieve the various results you're wanting. Matte, gloss, metallic and sort of a bare satin metal are all possible with the shader, but you can't get a full-on chrome finish.
Thank you that info will be very helpful. Ive a lot of experimenting to do, and reading.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.