The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

WVsjisr.jpg

Having weird depth issues with my fuses... the "black" spots are because it's drawing a farther away fuse first and then skipping the closer one.

Unlikely as I have shader lights patch off: p I just split it into 2 objects, one opaque and one with transparency, and it got better (the dash overlay and rotary dials are transparent)

Might be a Blender specific issue that isTransparent=true objects don't get drawn correctly, idk. Don't recall seeing it for other people.

56aEtDM.jpg

fixed a typo too, even though 'inelligent technology' would be more accurate description of the mod. It's the same display as the 787B but that one's got a really silly rpm scale on it (it goes like 1_____2____3___4__5__6_7_8. yeah racecars totally need accurate rpm in the 1-2k range), this is more accurate.

Last edited:
Unlikely as I have shader lights patch off: p I just split it into 2 objects, one opaque and one with transparency, and it got better (the dash overlay and rotary dials are transparent)
Its probably an issue of transparency acting on the same object again (dunno how to word it, the same issues we have with rim transparencies). Always makes sense to split transparent parts from the opaque base.

Fairly sure if you group both axles as one "WHEEL" and "SUSP" and make animated suspension, you can make a working result. Or does animated susp not affect steering as well?
my guess is one front axle is "real", the other turns via TRANSMISSION empties. Both the real and the fake axis are combined to one SUSP_ group per corner, which are animated with the keyframe method plus some DIR_ stuff to get the fake axis to turn with the real one.

Last edited:
I'm relying on that already, that label that says "AIR CIRC" is too much in shadow to read in the 1 interior photo I have, it looks more like "A/F CONT" or something but I don't know what that would be.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%