The Setup Market (Service is down)

Apps The Setup Market (Service is down) 0.6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, I didn't know that. I've tried many times but now see that you do not need an account and also that the initial response time has quite a lag.

Sadly, looks like I was the target of a hack, the setups table was dropped apparently.

Oh well, ironically the domain name was due for renewal in 3 days. I'm afraid thats the end guys. I stopped the service for now, I will decide whats next in the next few days.

This has always been a free service without ads, I was paying all the (small) bills and had absolutely no gain in any form (well, it was fun and a great playground). If find it truly disgusting that someone would hack such a tiny free service, just to **** with people.

I'm really sad to hear that!
Do you have a backup by any chance?

Many thanks for providing such a good service!
I (and i think many of us) really hope you'll able to carry on with it in any form.

really sad,just started using it...
I would definitely pay a premium monthly for the service or something likewise.for those of us that doesn't have the knowhow of car physics to be able to do setups ourselves, we'll all pay I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
Dam i just did a fresh install and spent hours trying to get this to work, i come here and read that its finished lol. Thanks for your efforts dude, FYI i would pay for this if you decide to get it back up and running in the future.

Hey guys, I have not said my last word that's for sure. But before even thinking of getting the service back online I would like to make some changes to the api to make it more robust, to ensure this would not happen again. This could be slow though, very slow. I'm not promising anything, my schedule is hectic at the moment so I have very little time to spare.

Immensely sucks to hear that someone would target such a service to hack. Is there anyway we can help? Do you have a backup? We might be able to setup a temporary FTP server.

Hey guys, I have not said my last word that's for sure. But before even thinking of getting the service back online I would like to make some changes to the api to make it more robust, to ensure this would not happen again. This could be slow though, very slow. I'm not promising anything, my schedule is hectic at the moment so I have very little time to spare.
Thanks for your commitment. Hope to review your site online someday...

Last edited:
Sadly, looks like I was the target of a hack, the setups table was dropped apparently.

Oh well, ironically the domain name was due for renewal in 3 days. I'm afraid thats the end guys. I stopped the service for now, I will decide whats next in the next few days.

This has always been a free service without ads, I was paying all the (small) bills and had absolutely no gain in any form (well, it was fun and a great playground). If find it truly disgusting that someone would hack such a tiny free service, just to **** with people.

A real shame! Much encouragement and thank you very much for all your work and your intention to buy it from the whole community !! A greeting!!
Gasss

ejj this is really sad... :(
Hopefully you get it up running again.
Are the setups still somewhere available?
An online Database or something would be fine to have access to this setups even when the app is down right now.

I would be happy to host this on my server.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.9%