Cars The Need For Speed

nice! please try to add low and high beam, blinkers and hazard, yeah, low priority but nowadays it's kind of a must, though idk if adding that would make it full compatible with vanilla AC. Personally last time I launched original AC (no CM) was like 2 years ago lol

nice! please try to add low and high beam, blinkers and hazard, yeah, low priority but nowadays it's kind of a must, though idk if adding that would make it full compatible with vanilla AC. Personally last time I launched original AC (no CM) was like 2 years ago lol
I don't think I'm gonna bother with those useless features, we'll see when the time comes. If I do one, I'll have to update the rest. Who the hell wants to use a blinker in a racing game anyway....! :roflmao:

screenshot021.jpg

screenshot022.jpg

I'm sure someone would be glad to help implement these features while we're making our inevitable final adjustments, if you don't want to bother.

And in order to homogenize all of the physics across the pack, we will need to update every car anyway...

Its pretty simple to apply the turn signals they come with the harzards also once both setup + reverse lights,
looking at a lot of racing videos over the past months the real drivers do actually use these turn signals to allow faster cars to pass which makes sense,
anyways the settings are here.

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_0]
NAME=left_turnsignal
COLOR=100,225,25
LAG=0.2
SIMULATE_HEATING=0.3
LOCATION=REAR

[EMISSIVE_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_0]
NAME=right_turnsignal
COLOR=100,225,25
LAG=0.2
SIMULATE_HEATING=0.3
LOCATION=REAR

[LIGHT_TURNSIGNAL_LEFT_0] COLOR=1, 0.5, 0.1, 3
[LIGHT_TURNSIGNAL_RIGHT_0] COLOR=1, 0.5, 0.1, 3

[EMISSIVE_REVERSE_0]
NAME=LIGHT_REAR
COLOR=22, 22, 22
LAG=0.8
SIMULATE_HEATING=2.0

[EMISSIVE_REVERSE_1]
NAME=LIGHT_REAR_BULB
COLOR=2222, 2222, 2222
LAG=0.8
SIMULATE_HEATING=2.0

I'm not worried about lights. I'm sure somebody will make a config within minutes. But please..., very please..., do add the wiper animations. If you want...:)

What I mean to say is that lighting is a question of adding a config, whereas adding animations needs quite some work. Which is best done by the original author. (imho)
Oh and the Viper still needs em as well..... ;)

What I mean to say is that lighting is a question of adding a config, whereas adding animations needs quite some work. Which is best done by the original author. (imho)
Oh and the Viper still needs em as well..... ;)
Crap! thought I've updated that already... sheez, must've done them with a later update in mind.
Yeah wipers will be animated on all cars for sure. Not that I care about fake rain either, but at least they're more useful than a blinker :roflmao:

What you've done on the diablo vt, is already enough for these cars to be enjoyable for night cruising in LA Canyons, or other freeroam tracks. Separate reverse lights on mesh (for those blind off-track sorties) so they can be lit via cfg, tailored adjustments to headlights on config (projected beams position/color, so they don't follow the yellower glare color via auto guessing), and wiper animations as bonus (also a feature on some ks cars anyway).

CSP has a feature to auto-enable emergency 4 blinkers on cars that turn it on IRL on sudden braking. For these the extra effort is worth it. OTH, for all other cars having separate meshes for left, right, 4 (left+right) + 3 corresponding dashboard lights is quite a bit more secondary, even if cool to see working.

Last edited:
Even the wipers look gorgeous on this car. They only move twice [edit: 3 times] in this video. But when they move, they move.... ;)
Actually a pretty nice video.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes