Cars The Need For Speed

I still stall mine every now and again, especially after an ECU flash when the DBW throttle table resets. (I affectionately refer to it as "spongefoot.") I really didn't want a heavy clutch, but this is the 4th one I've had. The other 3 just didn't hold the power... last one started slipping after 9k miles. :(

I still stall mine every now and again, especially after an ECU flash when the DBW throttle table resets. (I affectionately refer to it as "spongefoot.") I really didn't want a heavy clutch, but this is the 4th one I've had. The other 3 just didn't hold the power... last one started slipping after 9k miles. :(

Last summer a very close lady friend of mine came out for a visit. She'd recently ended things with a jerk-off who had the same car as me. Apparently he couldn't drive it; constantly stalling, rolling way too far back on hills and damn near giving her whiplash with his terrible shifting on several occasions. I promised her I'd change her mind on the car and show her how great it was.

Picked her up at the airport, first thing I did was stall the car. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mp3JxNz.jpg

Well, I asked very politely. It is also Daniel’s thread and he seemed to be fed up with previous OTs and he expressed it several times.
Also, maybe controversially, I don’t agree that if it’s your thread you are allowed to write anything you want. It’s your project for sure but the thread still has to apply to forum rules. One of them surely is that the thread should contain more less what it says on the tin. For all the users’ convenience.

Last edited:
I am really sorry I fueled the previous auto vs manual OT nonsense. :(
Let's please get back on topic.
Right on :coffee:

Sometimes you see a 993 with both. User installed basket handle or roof mounted LED apparently. There are posts by new 993 owners in Porsche forums on how to remove the basket handle. :roflmao:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-for...s-have-basket-handles-and-which-do-not-2.html

View attachment 320650
That's what I'm talking about, the "basket handle", I guess it was factory installed on US models:

Fun fact all US cars after 1985 require a 3rd brake light.

According to this ^^^^, makes sense. Though still I prefer to keep the sleek look of the back as it is right now without it.

Enough of offtopic, how's the 993 coming along?

Haven't touched it yet since the last post, will get started on the door sills and interior as soon as I can spare some time. Just didn't feel like posting more screens of the same :sleep:

Guys, it is an important conversation and good stories but it’s way too much OT for quite an eventful thread anyways.
I hope it has nothing to do with Daniel not posting.

I appreciate the gesture but I simply don't pay attention to OT topics, the only reason I didn't post anything else is because, well, there isn't any more progress yet.

That's what I'm talking about, the "basket handle", I guess it was factory installed on US models:
Yep, that basket handle is there on the TNFS version. Doesn't look too good, but oh well. I guess you could eventually make a EU version as well.
Funny thing, it was usually the other way around -- that US cars required silly additions in order to be legal in the EU (for example, different tail lights on the Corvette and additional reflections cut into the bumper etc.).

According to this ^^^^, makes sense. Though still I prefer to keep the sleek look of the back as it is right now without it.

Generally speaking, when there are multiple versions, I think it's usually the case that the non-US version(s) are the preferred option. Our North American safety regulations usually ruin fun cars. Like those stupid bumperettes they put on the Pantera, for instance. :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.