Cars The Need For Speed

I'm certain multiple US 993 owners removed the basked handle despite knowing that they could get ticketed by the police for it. The US Countach is rather notorious for these owner-installed EU-spec modifications at least.

Maybe that's how the police chases start in TNFS, they see you driving without a basket handle and you don't want to pay the ticket :cool:

The US Countach is rather notorious for these owner-installed EU-spec modifications at least.

No wonder if they made you drive around like this:

y10hn69fa2evigmfxma6.jpg

This was supposedly done, and I quote from the website where I found this picture:
"in service of minimum front bumper height requirements."......

Road & Track 993 Review (includes a ZR1, NSX comparison)

p.s

Beautiful work on the rear wing A3DR.

Attachments

• 305.jpg
    305.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 306.jpg
    306.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 307.jpg
    307.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 308.jpg
    308.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 309.jpg
    309.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 145
  • 310.jpg
    310.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I realise it was probably a joke I didn’t get :D but the differences on the exterior seem very minor. US spec has additional black plastic bumperettes on front and rear. Also, as someone stated before, american cars were required to have 3rd brake light which was addressed by adding bucket handle or roof spoiler with integrated braking light. Every US car had to have at least one of the two.
EU spec had typical fender mounted side blinkers just behind the front wheel arch. Blinkers on the rear light bar had orange lenses.

These are some photos of the US spec roof spoilers:

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2934.JPG
    IMG_2934.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 127
I realise it was probably a joke I didn’t get :D but the differences on the exterior seem very minor. US spec has additional black plastic bumperettes on front and rear. Also, as someone stated before, american cars were required to have 3rd brake light which was addressed by adding bucket handle or roof spoiler with integrated braking light. Every US car had to have at least one of the two.
EU spec had typical fender mounted side blinkers just behind the front wheel arch. Blinkers on the rear light bar had orange lenses.

These are some photos of the US spec roof spoilers:
We've been talking about this on previous posts, and to avoid any more confusion, I'm not going to add anything else to it for now (and yes it was a joke :geek:)

Quick texturing on the rear lights. Gonna have to do some weird magic here to get a good effect on these kind of taillights, with AC's not having any refractions.
screenshot019.jpg
screenshot018.jpg

We've been talking about this on previous posts, and to avoid any more confusion, I'm not going to add anything else to it for now (and yes it was a joke :geek:)

Quick texturing on the rear lights. Gonna have to do some weird magic here to get a good effect on these kind of taillights, with AC's not having any refractions.
View attachment 321012 View attachment 321013

Great job! Wow! I live about 1km from a used Porsche dealer/repair shop and the owner has a 993 almost the exact same color that sits outside the shop every now and then. Can't wait to get this thing out on the LAC.

Alright, I'm back from vacation and ready to get this thing wrapped up. Managed to tidy up all the files last night, there's still maybe some damper work to do (always damper work to do) and I need to implement the retractable spoiler, but otherwise... ready when you are, @A3DR . :ninja:

Alright, I'm back from vacation and ready to get this thing wrapped up. Managed to tidy up all the files last night, there's still maybe some damper work to do (always damper work to do) and I need to implement the retractable spoiler, but otherwise... ready when you are, @A3DR . :ninja:
Gotcha. We'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks, might have some extra time to deal with this one.

Reactions: SVS

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back