Cars The Need For Speed

Well the Corvette and NSX has blinkers and other new stuff supported by the Shaders Patch... ;)
OT: Any chance you find the time to go back to the C4 ZR-1 to implement LODs for a v1.0?
It's such nice model, now further improved with AmplifiedNL's sound, that is only missing this (painstaking to create) detail to be in line with other class A/B cars. Thanks!

Edit: @aphidgod Please check the zr-1 drivetrain. Because AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME is set at 0, when playing with assists the engine will over-rev if one doesn't lift when shifting up (via button press). All is fine on downshift with proper auto-blips. With something like 220 or 230 it'd behave like your other cars in the pack. Thank you!

Last edited:
I think I have the final physics adjustments from Arch for the NSXs... I have to double-check that my latest tires are included along with some other things, but I should be able to get you those in a matter of a week or two. Right now my priority is getting the Formula Juniors sorted.

Thanks for the confirmation, and sorry for peeking into your files to troubleshoot. :unsure:

The NSX is priority right now. Creating LODs takes time... so maybe when autumn comes and weather is bad again. :unsure:
Even if low priority atm, any hope for it is good news. When racing a TNFS class B only grid many zr-1s can be on-screen at the same time, so it's a big help for older systems shorter on CPU (for object/material number, triangles not so much) on big freeroam'ish tracks. It's also that crown that finishes what's already a top model. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Porsche did the same thing on the wipers that Mercedes did on the W126. It mostly just looks cool, doesn't necessarily work better than a traditional layout or the ever legendary single arm Mercedes wiper all other models used.

Might not look like much, but got most of the basic panels done for the interior, making sure everything fits and proportions are correct.

screenshot023.jpg

screenshot036.jpg

There's definitely something to cruising around in the rain in a delivery van, headlights barely showing 100 feet in front of you... oh, not that either?

What a classic these vertical power window switches are! Even 930 had the same switches in the same place. Looks great!
Except that on the passenger side only one goes there (temporal symmetry issue). Switches remain but even if some parts like the dashboard / instrument cluster looks the same, they're completely different.

Except that on the passenger side only one goes there (temporal symmetry issue). Switches remain but even if some parts like the dashboard / instrument cluster looks the same, they're completely different.

Yes, I meant the switches and positioning. Dashboard upper, center and lower part though are interchangeable between 930, 964, 993. There's only very few visual differences here and there. You may recall that article/reference few pages back where it was mentioned that the designer wanted to change the roofline and interior tub dimensions but they ran out of money near the end of the development cycle so they left it unchanged. Interior tub is identical across all three generations - which makes it so sympathetic :). 993 has much better sound insulation though especially regarding engine noise. In the 930 it sounds and feels like the engine is riding in the cabin on the rearseat (which it kind of is).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.