Cars The Need For Speed

Sometimes you see a 993 with both. User installed basket handle or roof mounted LED apparently. There are posts by new 993 owners in Porsche forums on how to remove the basket handle. :roflmao:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-for...s-have-basket-handles-and-which-do-not-2.html

993 LED.jpg

Last edited:
Well your driving school is a joke as far as I know :D Not even learning on manual cars like proper men and women :p
Once I had an interesting conversation with my 16-year-old exchange student from America, whom I told that firstly he was not allowed to drive a car in Germany, but to drink beer, and secondly that male automatic drivers were either businessmen or sissies :D

As far as I know, the European model of the 993 also had Litronic/Xenon headlights, while the US model did not. But I guess that's only relevant for the CSP setup of the car.
EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the case anymore, but I'm sure that the conversion to xenon light is a frequent adjustment on the 993.

Last edited:
Well your driving school is a joke as far as I know :D Not even learning on manual cars like proper men and women :p

Tip of the iceberg, my friend!

People here don't know how stop signs work. Or turn lanes. Or how to parallel park. Or how lanes work. Or turn signals. Or general rules regarding right of way. Or stop lights. Or have any idea about traffic flow theory. Or anything at all to do with vehicle control/correction. Or how to deal with buses. Or the size of their vehicle. Or parking. Or checking their blind spot. Or advance turn situations.

On the up side, most people seem to be sort of OK at pulling over and letting faster cars pass on twisty roads, eventually, so that's nice.

I thought Toronto's drivers were bad, but since moving to the island I've seen a whole new standard of craptacular driving. They're even worse than Quebec drivers, and that's saying something. Literally every single time I get in my car I see at least 3-4 things that make me yell "WTF?" out loud. Even if I'm only driving for 5 minutes. It's ridiculous.

... that male automatic drivers were either businessmen or sissies :D
My first car was manual, before that I occasionally drove my parent's car, which was also manual.
Now, I leased a brand new car, and it's an automatic.. I never want to go back to manuals. Switching gears is so yesterday. Also, I'm a very lazy person :p

My first car was manual, before that I occasionally drove my parent's car, which was also manual.
Now, I leased a brand new car, and it's an automatic.. I never want to go back to manuals. Switching gears is so yesterday. Also, I'm a very lazy person :p

My first car (that I bought) was an automatic because my ex can't drive manual. It was so, so dismal (2016 VW GTI). When we split, I kept the car because she couldn't afford it. Took a couple months before I traded it in for a manual BRZ. I can't stand driving automatic.

If I still had to commute to work, though, maybe. Maybe. But I don't plan on ever having to commute again.

Took a couple months before I traded it in for a manual BRZ. I can't stand driving automatic.

Well I guess it depends on the car too, having a sports car with automatic kinda defeats the purpose. But I'm talking about everyday driving in normal traffic, and automatic makes more sense there (apart from maybe roads with lots of altitude changes, like mountains). Streets are not race tracks :p

Well I guess it depends on the car too, having a sports car with automatic kinda defeats the purpose. But I'm talking about everyday driving in normal traffic, and automatic makes more sense there (apart from maybe roads with lots of altitude changes, like mountains). Streets are not race tracks :p

Automatic is less work in traffic, but I still prefer manual overall; not just for having fun. Visited my folks twice last year and drove their car, which is automatic, and I felt like I had no control. A manual gives you more control over what the car is doing.

I'd also make the argument that it keeps you more engaged in what you're doing; in effect it forces you to pay more attention to driving, which is a good thing. People are far, far too apathetic about driving these days and it shows. Vehicle and road safety is perfectly fine, it's the downright spectacularly bad drivers that cause collisions and deaths.

Last edited:
Automatic is less work in traffic, but I still prefer it overall; not just for having fun. Visited my folks twice last year and drove their car, which is automatic, and I felt like I had no control. A manual gives you more control over what the car is doing.

I'd also make the argument that it keeps you more engaged in what you're doing; in effect it forces you to pay more attention to driving, which is a good thing. People are far, far too apathetic about driving these days and it shows. Vehicle and road safety is perfectly fine, it's the downright spectacularly bad drivers that cause collisions and deaths.
Well, enjoy it while you can :) Soon we'll be driving electric cars and some decades later most cars drive themselves and manual driving is forbidden for most folks, hehe :D
Eventually, we perhaps ride home from work in our self-driving steering-wheel-less cars and in the evening satisfy our needs to be in control with Assetto Corsa 25 or something :) I guess we all wish we would have been born 50 years earlier when the cars we more manual and required more skill to drive.

Enough of offtopic, how's the 993 coming along?

All I'll say is I wish AC's manual model was a bit more forgiving on starts, I learned to drive stick in a Saturn and I stalled that car way fewer times than anything in AC. There's just some extra glue before cars start moving, you can't feather the clutch a bit and move out, you need 5000 rpm or feed in 80% throttle to keep it over idle.

I certainly don't love my manual in traffic, but I have a heavy and bitey clutch. It's a pain, quite literally. But an automatic sports car is so lol...

My clutch is super light, but also very bitey. It's also a weird geometry; there's an over-center spring on the clutch pedal assembly so just before I get to the bite point all of a sudden it's super easy to press. Makes finding the bite point a little difficult sometimes. After nearly 2 years I still wind up slipping the clutch too long sometimes.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.