Cars The Need For Speed

And the 993 is worth the wait!
Yes we are only one 993 short of the full TNFS grid :)
@Gevatter Yes, I did the physics. I also have the 993 (C2 and C4) ready and waiting for the model. :thumbsup:

No pressure, no pressure at all :whistling::whistling::whistling:

@A3DR Why you deleted your Boss 302?(

The owner decided to take it down from the public. That was a paid project and the only reason it was here on RD was because he wanted to share it, that's all.

ad-porsche.jpg

Gotta love car adds: "And we're now making it very affordable for you to drive one" ...yeah right.

911s are cool but I spent my youth dreaming about someday owning a C4 Corvette or a white Testarossa (definitely not very affordable).

your nickname says otherwise :whistling:
Yeah, well, I'm not young anymore and my taste evolved a little bit. Loved the white Testarossa in Miami Vice but then I bumped into NFS and met the 512TR, It's basically the same car with more power and a few changes. So it obviously took the place of the older one. As for the color, I had to go black when I built my 512TR inspired rig, because I had white upholstery and didn't like to make the exterior cabinet in white too.

I chose the 512TR as a model for my rig instead of the C4 because 512TR's interior is handmade, boxy, and can be made with wood and leather, while the Corvette is all molded plastic and a nightmare to replicate with your garage tools.

Last edited:
^ I own a Porsche and a Subaru, and if I could only keep one it would be the Subaru.

Just out of interest - what model of Subaru? Kind regards.

p.s

I own a 2010 Fiesta Zetec. Have always been a 911 fan. Really liked the 993 Turbo for a long time, then 993. SC in recent times. 10 years ago it was the same cost as a Toyota 86 in Australia. Even then the 86 looked like great value in comparison but now an SC is DOUBLE the cost! The Mustang GT in dark green is interesting but its also twice the cost of the Toyota. An 86 is most likely going to be my next car.

To get back on topic - I'm looking forward to the 993 add-on.

I was bored so I thought I could make some license plates for these cars.
Here's a quick look at the first ones I made:
01.png

I thought it would be nice to have some variety. I'm making templates for all of these, so it will be easy to make your own. They're all period "correct", with 90's year stickers and ready to throw into the skin folder of any A3DR car. You could always rename them and use them on another car of course. I'll make an upload of them once I got some more.
Not really the announcement of the month I know but just nice to have a collection of decent looking plates from some different states I think. :D
Showroom-a3dr-ferrari-512tr-31-9-2018-22-40-39.jpg

Last edited:
Love the plates... no, it's not the announcement of the month, but small details make a difference. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the link you sent re: your Subaru. Amazing attention to detail and thanks for all the work you'd contributed to projects that have been released and those in progress like the 993. I'm sure many, many people are very thankful for all the hard work. Anyone who's ever had a crack at creating a car/track will quickly discover what a massive undertaking it is. It ain't easy! haha - Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.3%
Back