The Future of Sim Racing - Mixed Bag or Single Series?

Yes indeed most of the tracks are licensed.. but what I meant is they are not really bothered about not having a license for many cars like Porsche Cup, V8 Supercars and all the open wheelers...
well it is not about them not bothering to licence some cars they used .. there just was no budget for that :)

Assetto Corsa has always been on the top of this forum discussion by far. So why pretend that we need another concept?? We just need it to be improved and that's all.
sure if that improvement would be having compleete series + some random cars and road cars :)

the future is AC competizione.

Okay, we'll see. It's like F1 now the mercedes is the fastest car.. Ac is good
but they have benefited from the false start from Rfactor2 in the hands of isi.

For me Rfactor2 te sim by far the best psygics..!!!!
it's missing race classes and specialy TRACKS!!! and a lot of fuctions,
but they are going up the road.
I am curious if ac competizione have better psygics I think not.

but wish them good luck just like the others. competition pushes everyone up :thumbsup:

Having one series only and doing it well is nice and all but ultimately I find ACC and it's focus solely being on GT3 cars a bit concerning. At the very least GTR2 had several classes of cars (GT1, GT2, etc.) and it was very moddable while ACC won't be, at least not for a while. But hey GT3 racing is by far the most popular thing in sim racing atm so it makes sense for them to do so. I just like to drive old cars like 962s and what not from time to time.

If the license is the SRO rather than specifically Blancpain then they can at least bundle together some GT4 cars as well, and then they've got at least three other fully licensed series for expansions ( British GT, Euro GT4, Blancpain Asia ) and a couple of extra British tracks ( that would be Donington/Snetterton/Rockingham/Oulton Park - three of those are owned by the same organisation as Brands, so I doubt there'd be major holdups there ), along with Sepang/Chang/Fuji/Suzuka/Shanghai/Ningbo. And then there's the US PWC which is vaguely like running half the VLN field at a whole bunch of good tracks but I'm a little dubious how well that would sell given the effort it'd need to do the whole thing. I'd imagine anyone who's a bit serious about ACC would, but that does not sound like a solid basis for signing off on the effort :)

I love driving a bunch of different cars ( I really love historic stuff ) - but given the choice I would rather choose from a small selection of cars and drive them at a large selection of tracks than the other way round. That's already a problem I have with ACC.

ACC is UE4 plus from what we've been told, something based on AC's physics engine - even out of the box without knowing much about the game that's already got a vast knowledge resource. It'll take a bit to work out the wrinkles of ACC no doubt, but I honestly don't think it's going to be as hard as people are thinking.

For me its race series all the way, i had a drive in the lambourghini Miura and although it was fun i really didnt feel like racing it and it wasn't designed fot that either so im consigned to having a drive around a Race Track... These cars belong in some sort of open world sim fanatic splurge fest akin to a flight sim. As a motorsports fan i want race series all the way and GT3 will definitely keep me interested for a while but when/if they make futher dlc avaliable it would be insta buy.

I would prefer a game like ACC and then DLC´s with other complete series (DTM with all cars and all tracks, TCR with all cars and tracks and so on). Driving single cars without matching opponents is imho boring

I have ADHD, I don't think a variety of content is what keeps someone with ADHD... err... content.

Honestly I'm not sure what does, as the adjective 'content' is sufficiently vague and humans are sufficiently diverse in tastes that very little could possibly qualify.

The closest thing I can think of would be the various prescription drugs used to treat ADHD, although from my experience they less keep me content and rather stop my leg from invoulantarily shaking and draining me of all my energy by the time it gets to 14:00.

I feel your pain, my son suffers with severe ADHD. At no point did I intend to belittle the condition and apologise if you feel my comment does this. I also know that 100,000 tracks/cars/games/trips etc etc etc do little, if anything to help,
Having lived with someone who suffers, for 27 years, I guess, in our circle we take a lighter, more flippant approach to it now, tiz that or cry!
Again, I apologise if I offended, was never my intention.
If I want to offend, just the mention that AC's tyre model is lacking and I find the whole experience dull, usually does the trick! ;) :roflmao::roflmao:

People don't know what they are asking for. Opinions can change overnight. I used to satisfy my racing itch way way back in Nintendo Family Computer days F1 title(Mario days), and I said, I could play this 'til I grow old. NOPE! BIG BIG NOPE! SNES came then Playstation, 1-2-3, then PC, controller to wheel, to a rig. The cars I drove in games went from F1 to Rally, GT3, Moto GP, NFS, iRacing, Dirt 1-2, RF2, AC etc... and in every single car or title I said, "I could die just playing this". NOPE! BIG BIG NO!

I mean who among you guys drove (in games) one single type of car from the day you discovered racing games up to now? not unless you just found out about it yesterday ofc.

I've learned to not really care about having a fully licensed series. Really, I think we all like having the cars more than having a license for the series.

WEC at Portimao? Sure, why not.
DTM at Sonoma? Do that too.
Aussie Supercars (I had to remember the name) at Brands Hatch? Why the hell not?

I feel like focusing on a single series means more quality content. Games with too many options generally excel in none. For instance, think of how detailed ACC cars and tracks will be compared to AC.

Oh my!!! You will be so disappointed LoL
Or not...considering you rate F1 series and WRC as the way to go!!
Do I rate F1 series and WRC as the way to go? I'm actually into GT cars.

But hey, it's just my opinion: I prefer quality over quantity. And yes, maybe ACC will be disapointing, let us wait and see.

I believe ACC will be the benchmark of a single series game. Part of me thinks single series games are the way to go because various reasons but I also think its longevity cannot be nowhere near the same than mixed bag-titles like AC have. That means we might have time to drive a few different sims instead of sticking with an jack-of-all-trades title because not much reasons to look elsewhere.

Through AC's lifespan I've had changing go-to-class starting from road cars to GT's to historics then back to road cars to GT's leading for the open wheeler interest I have these days. All of these boxes I've managed to fullfil within one title. Partially because of Race Sim Studio thou (open wheelers). That mixed bag plus healthy modding scene combination is pretty much the killer combo right now and I can't see how it could be much different in the future.

I believe ACC will be the benchmark of a single series game. Part of me thinks single series games are the way to go because various reasons but I also think its longevity cannot be nowhere near the same than mixed bag-titles like AC have. That means we might have time to drive a few different sims instead of sticking with an jack-of-all-trades title because not much reasons to look elsewhere.

Through AC's lifespan I've had changing go-to-class starting from road cars to GT's to historics then back to road cars to GT's leading for the open wheeler interest I have these days. All of these boxes I've managed to fullfil within one title. Partially because of Race Sim Studio thou (open wheelers). That mixed bag plus healthy modding scene combination is pretty much the killer combo right now and I can't see how it could be much different in the future.
hmm I think, evethough physics wise it will be just improvement from what we know (I guess we might get better FFB despite first reports claim it has the same strong and weak points it has in AC), just things around the physics, car models and modern looking graphis will be the real improvement of ACC ... it is features, options and structure.

Thing with AC contnent is that you dont really have sense of it being racing sim .. just platform loaded with random content, later grouped by themes in DLCs ... sure, they filled GT3 grid wonderfully but I never got feeling I`m having GT3 series race weekend if it makes sense. That is the lacking structure and features. Lots of cars that blends together, not enough tracks to make any race series happend. It is always like bunch of guy on track day made up rules and had a race. Best tracks day sim for sure :)

That is why im excited about ACC eventhough Im bit fed up with GT3s .Right now best GT3 experience would probably be R3E and with more atractive BP licence and all those new features it will become best GT3 sim I guess? ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back