The Future of Sim Racing - Mixed Bag or Single Series?

hmm I think, evethough physics wise it will be just improvement from what we know (I guess we might get better FFB despite first reports claim it has the same strong and weak points it has in AC), just things around the physics, car models and modern looking graphis will be the real improvement of ACC ... it is features, options and structure.

Thing with AC contnent is that you dont really have sense of it being racing sim .. just platform loaded with random content, later grouped by themes in DLCs ... sure, they filled GT3 grid wonderfully but I never got feeling I`m having GT3 series race weekend if it makes sense. That is the lacking structure and features. Lots of cars that blends together, not enough tracks to make any race series happend. It is always like bunch of guy on track day made up rules and had a race. Best tracks day sim for sure :)

That is why im excited about ACC eventhough Im bit fed up with GT3s .Right now best GT3 experience would probably be R3E and with more atractive BP licence and all those new features it will become best GT3 sim I guess? ;)

True. I guess I didn't have issues with AC because I'm not interested about the gamey stuff. I just love to drive. :ninja:
Edit: And compete in a private league.

If anything from an ADHD perspective a quality over quantity approach to a game would be far more preferable.

I have bad enough ADD to take max-dose meds for it ( it's not just a childhood problem ) - I have to agree with that, the more immersive an experience it is, ie the more stimulation there is, the easier it is to concentrate.

ADD & ADHD aren't quite the same thing, I'm about as far from physically hyperactive as you can get :p

True. I guess I didn't have issues with AC because I'm not interested about the gamey stuff. I just love to drive. :ninja:
Edit: And compete in a private league.
LatelyI have time only to do hotlaping or quick races anyway. But even than and for private leagues it is nice to have ralistic set of options for certain series .. types of starting procedures, formations laps (suprisingly form.lap adds quite a lot immersion in online races), qualification structures, reverse grids, rules, tyre set regulations, mandatory pits, etc ..I dont care about career mod or story.

And mostly having tracks that fits to those series .

I have bad enough ADD to take max-dose meds for it ( it's not just a childhood problem ) - I have to agree with that, the more immersive an experience it is, ie the more stimulation there is, the easier it is to concentrate.

ADD & ADHD aren't quite the same thing, I'm about as far from physically hyperactive as you can get :p

I think the distinction is quite blurry and really it's a more case by case thing. As a kid I was hyperactive but that was because I was a child. As an adult, it's more the involuntary side of constantly twitching or shaking parts of my body which the meds treat.

If I don't take my meds I'll often fall asleep in the early afternoon because I tire myself out so quickly with unconcious but quite constant little movements.

For me if I'm given too much to choose from I'm going to get overloaded, and then when I'm not overwhelmed by the options I'll just focus in on things anyway, so to me making a relatively focused game seems to make a lot more sense.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.