Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Mine was doing the same... I rerouted display cables to get them away from the power cables.

Also purchased some much higher quality displayport cables..

Have some copper tape here to shield the power cables eventually.. But everything is working perfectly atm

SFX-350 (350mm stroke )

1.jpg
4.jpg

Good! Now if you modify it for push-pull you could use it to make a nice 6DOF Stewart platform with it!

Is it 1605 leadscrew? If so, you need to use 5mm/rev leadscrew parameter in the AMC-AASD15A controller and 350mm stroke...

I have both 1605 and 1610 for testing but will save push pull setup for 6dof. ;)

Yes, my actuator numbers are identical to what Thanos posts and recommends in his documentation. I edited my post to reflect this info. Thanks!

#1 - left rear
#2 - left front
#3 - right front
#4 - right rear

I have the Thanos AMC-AASD15A Controller and SFX-100 4 actuators. I have some questions.

1: Should I follow diablo2112's actuator placement number for wiring from the actuators to the servo controllers for my setup?

2: Where to find the specific Thanos controller parameters for programming the servo controllers and explanation of what each parameter does?

That's it for now.

Last edited:
I have the Thanos AMC-AASD15A Controller and SFX-100 4 actuators. I have some questions.

1: Should I follow diablo2112's actuator placement number for wiring from the actuators to the servo controllers for my setup?

2: Where to find the specific Thanos controller parameters for programming the servo controllers and explanation of what each parameter does?

That's it for now.

Hi,

See in the manual:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS.../AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

You can read the changes log of each firmware to see what all the parameters do, but I also have many videos that explain it as well:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware

Here's some diagrams for the wiring the SFX-100 controllers of how I'm going about it.

Will the emi filter be enough for the wall mains power or do I have to wrap them in anti-emi tape too?

Wiring 3 Core EMI.jpg

Wiring 3 Core EMI v1.2.jpg

Here's some diagrams for the wiring the SFX-100 controllers of how I'm going about it.

Will the emi filter be enough for the wall mains power or do I have to wrap them in anti-emi tape too?

View attachment 359163
View attachment 359164
Not needed. Most important is to shield the servo power cables (from driver to servo, those four pin cables). Do shield the last 1 meter between connectors and servo too and make sure the shield is connected to ground (the last 1 meter too). See first picture here.

Hola, me llamo Fonso.
En primer lugar, discúlpame por mi inglés y si mis preguntas molestan.
Vivo en España y quiero montar un sistema de movimiento en mi simulador.
Hasta ahora he visto el SFX-100
Quería saber cómo mejora el sistema Thanos y si es más fácil de montar para alguien con poca idea.
También estoy interesado en saber qué programas puedo usar para que todo el sistema funcione una vez que esté instalado.
un saludo

Hola, me llamo Fonso.
En primer lugar, discúlpame por mi inglés y si mis preguntas molestan.
Vivo en España y quiero montar un sistema de movimiento en mi simulador.
Hasta ahora he visto el SFX-100
Quería saber cómo mejora el sistema Thanos y si es más fácil de montar para alguien con poca idea.
También estoy interesado en saber qué programas puedo usar para que todo el sistema funcione una vez que esté instalado.
un saludo

If you don't have experience or patience for the DIY SFX100, you can just get a complete package 4 actuators and AMC controller from PT-ACTUATOR: http://www.pt-actuator.com/a/products/p1/33.html

As far as motion software, there are several supported:
1. Simtools
2. FlyPT mover
3. Sim-motion software (sim-motion)

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Tronicgr_6DOF, publicación: 3141924, miembro: 893238"]
Si no tiene experiencia o paciencia para el DIY SFX100, puede obtener un paquete completo de 4 actuadores y controlador AMC de PT-ACTUATOR: http://www.pt-actuator.com/a/products/p1/33 .html

En cuanto al software de movimiento, hay varios compatibles:
1. Simtools
2. Mover FlyPT
3. SD-motion (sim-departamento)
[/CITAR]
Gracias por tu respuesta
Lo que más me asusta es la parte eléctrica, pero con su placa controladora creo que es más fácil que seguir los pasos del manual sfx-100.
Planeo hacer el sistema yo mismo por razones de precio, además de tener una impresora 3D
Me imagino que tengo que seguir todos los pasos del manual SFX-100, excepto la parte eléctrica del controlador que vende, ¿es cierto lo que digo?

Gracias por tu respuesta
Lo que más me asusta es la parte eléctrica, pero con su placa controladora creo que es más fácil que seguir los pasos del manual sfx-100.
Planeo hacer el sistema yo mismo por razones de precio, además de tener una impresora 3D
Me imagino que tengo que seguir todos los pasos del manual SFX-100, excepto la parte eléctrica del controlador que vende, ¿es cierto lo que digo?

Sure, for DIY, just follow the guide here: https://opensfx.com/

Hello, my questions are if I'm building a SFX system and want to switch to Thanos all that needs to be done is to change the Aurdunio board to a Thanos one and switch software from Sim Hub? Once the Thanos is installed we can explore additional servo configurations ?

[QUOTE = "Tronicgr_6DOF, publicación: 3142019, miembro: 893238"]
Claro, para bricolaje, solo siga la guía aquí: https://opensfx.com/
[/CITAR]
Hola
Comenzaré a imprimir la pieza y compraré la placa Thanos AMC-AASD15A
¿Cuánto PLA necesito para todas las piezas que necesito imprimir?
Por otro lado, creo que estoy empezando a entender cómo es el proyecto.
En resumen, una vez que tengo los motores, tengo que ensamblarlos y poner la configuración en cada controlador que viene con el motor, enchufarlo a la placa Thanos AMC-AASD15A y cuando eso está ejecutando simtools y ejecutando el juego, ¿es correcto? ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.