Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Demonstration of simple belt tension system and spike filter in a quick lap in iRacing. No lethal jolts upon crash near the end of the lap. Close up of the belt tension system in operation in the end of the video.

The video was created by @crypto69au :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That’s my rig in video above. Huge thanks Thanos. The work you’ve put into ensuring the AASD-15A keeps getting developed based on feedback is amazing. These changes you have made with spike filter, standby/park management and filters for smoothing have totally changed the game. Having 4 x 150mm travel actuators I was terrified of crashing. Most people were limiting travel and and adding boundary filters in simtools to avoid this shock . Now on iRacing and Dirt 2 you can set full actuator travel and not worry about dangerous crashes and trying to reach for emergency stop in time. The smoothing on motors has also made them feel so much better. Adding the seatbelt tensioner system was also a breeze. As you can tell I am a happy customer.

Hey guys, I'm not sure anyone takes it seriously, but the covid-19 is airborne, and unless everyone stays home in isolation for 15 days atleast, there is going to be millions getting infected if not already in the United States... I still see people out and about walking, jogging, taking their whole families for a stroll in the streets, despite the Shelter in Place mandate here in California by the Governor. Its going to get real ugly here... therefore I'll be unable to ship out any orders, and placed for now my Tindie store in vacation mode for a while. I hope you all understand this is serious. I'll be here to answer questions or further develop on firmware etc. Take care people!

top.PNG

Hi, The above picture is the top of the 3d printed box. I use Pruslicer with an Ender 3 Pro. I have tried printing this and it is a mess. It seems that there are no supports for the the piece. So, should this piece be flipped over and printed with the thick section on top? Looking for a little help here. The bottom and back pieces printed great.
thanks for any advise.

View attachment 357344

Hi, The above picture is the top of the 3d printed box. I use Pruslicer with an Ender 3 Pro. I have tried printing this and it is a mess. It seems that there are no supports for the the piece. So, should this piece be flipped over and printed with the thick section on top? Looking for a little help here. The bottom and back pieces printed great.
thanks for any advise.

Its designed to be printed upside down. If you have a glass plate it will give it a shinny appearance!
So just rotate it 180 degrees in the slicer to print flat.

Thanks
Thanos

Hi.
I just updated the firmware to 2.10 beta. I can not find all parameters for AASD-15A drives and SFX-100 actuators. Are these the correct ones??
Parameters.jpg
Parameters.jpg
Do I need to remove actuators from the rig during initial testing?? Thank you.

Hi.
I just updated the firmware to 2.10 beta. I can not find all parameters for AASD-15A drives and SFX-100 actuators. Are these the correct ones??
View attachment 357488View attachment 357488
Do I need to remove actuators from the rig during initial testing?? Thank you.

Yes, make sure all the AASD-15A servo drives have these parameters, including the extra ones in red.

Then on the AMC-AASD15A set it to 4 axis, with leadscrew setting 5mm/rev and stroke 100.

If you loaded the latest firmware (beta) v2.10 you should also set the Filter Factor to "2" and the spike range to 16000 and level to 5000.

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Beta_Firmware

Thanks
Thanos

Noob here,
On the back of the board there are two inputs. One is for the usb cable.
What is the other one used for? I can't seem to find any information on this...lol
thanks

You only need the USB input. The jack barrel input is for external power supply, but its not needed, don't connect anything there... It gets all power needed from USB port. Just make use to connect the USB cable directly to a port on your PC, or use a powered USB Hub with only the AMC connected on it if you want to extend further from the PC. Adding other USB devices on same hub, it might affect latency or even cause connectivity issues some times.

Thanks
Thanos

You only need the USB input. The jack barrel input is for external power supply, but its not needed, don't connect anything there... It gets all power needed from USB port. Just make use to connect the USB cable directly to a port on your PC, or use a powered USB Hub with only the AMC connected on it if you want to extend further from the PC. Adding other USB devices on same hub, it might affect latency or even cause connectivity issues some times.

Thanks
Thanos
Thank you sir......

I won't be able to ship international for a while, so you could basically get the AMC-AASD15A from PT-Actuator for a limited time here, with metal enclosure and 7axis connectors:

pt-actuator new metal case 7axis.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Anyone know why my AASD15A servo drive and PT traction loss actuator is causing my monitor to black out.
When I power them up the screen momentarily blacks out and carries on doing so intermittently. Sometimes I have to disconnect the usb to get the screen back. I have tried an alternate power source t no avail.
Moving the cables seems to have an affect, even reducing the black out, but not altogether..
In game it blacks out occasionally too.
Settings in the servo are as they should be.
Are the cables in need of screening?

Anyone know why my AASD15A servo drive and PT traction loss actuator is causing my monitor to black out.
When I power them up the screen momentarily blacks out and carries on doing so intermittently. Sometimes I have to disconnect the usb to get the screen back. I have tried an alternate power source t no avail.
Moving the cables seems to have an affect, even reducing the black out, but not altogether..
In game it blacks out occasionally too.
Settings in the servo are as they should be.
Are the cables in need of screening?

I assume you didn't wire a good ground on the chassis; the mechanical part of the cockpit? If you don't ground properly, half of the cockpit might be just have floating ground that can cause EMI issues to sensitive devices like VR headsets or even monitors. Also try to add ferrites to all wiring that has data signals on it including the monitor cables, usb devices etc...

Also if the power cables of the servos are not shielded, you may need to cover them with shielding tape, or replace entirely these 4 core wires with proper 4 core wires that include shielding.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.