Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Hola
Comenzaré a imprimir la pieza y compraré la placa Thanos AMC-AASD15A
¿Cuánto PLA necesito para todas las piezas que necesito imprimir?
Por otro lado, creo que estoy empezando a entender cómo es el proyecto.
En resumen, una vez que tengo los motores, tengo que ensamblarlos y poner la configuración en cada controlador que viene con el motor, enchufarlo a la placa Thanos AMC-AASD15A y cuando eso está ejecutando simtools y ejecutando el juego, ¿es correcto? ?

I'm not sure how much PLA material the parts for SFX100 actuators need.

Also if you read the notice on my Tindie store, I cannot ship international for the time being, but you could get the AMC-AASD15A controller from Mr Shao at PT-ACTUATOR: http://www.pt-actuator.com/a/products/p5/45.html
Contact him, in English please... ;)

About the connections and basic setup, please read the manual:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS.../AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

Hello, my questions are if I'm building a SFX system and want to switch to Thanos all that needs to be done is to change the Aurdunio board to a Thanos one and switch software from Sim Hub? Once the Thanos is installed we can explore additional servo configurations ?

You can use Simtools, or the free FlyPT mover ...

I'm not sure how much PLA material the parts for SFX100 actuators need.

Also if you read the notice on my Tindie store, I cannot ship international for the time being, but you could get the AMC-AASD15A controller from Mr Shao at PT-ACTUATOR: http://www.pt-actuator.com/a/products/p5/45.html
Contact him, in English please... ;)

About the connections and basic setup, please read the manual:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Manual-and-Datasheets/AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf
Sorry, I was wrong to copy the text of the translator so I did not put it in English

Hi there
I just downloaded the printable STL files
I have a question, there are several files in a folder called ITEM that at first glance are the same, which do I have to print?

Another question, what difference is there between the 80ST-M02430 and 90ST-M02430 actuators ???
Which are better?

80ST is 80mm flange, 90ST is 90mm flange...

Wait, I'm not sure what are you doing, you are building SFX100 actuators, right? If so, you can ask these questions here:

Rearranging a couple of things...
Had to walk away from it for awhile, then I got back into it. Started around Noon to 7. Lots of dust around. Then I had to get everything off the bed and put the things away. Still haven't wired anything up on the SFX-100 yet.

20200403_160919.jpg
20200403_161109_1.jpg
20200404_101835.jpg

20200404_101751.jpg
20200404_101914.jpg

What about if you have them mounted already. Is it safe to do initial test???

Sure. Even if you forgot to enter the proper additional parameters for torque detection in the AASD-15A servos for home calibration, its safe, worst case you will get overload alarm on the drive... it won't break anything.

Hi,

See in the manual:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Manual-and-Datasheets/AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

You can read the changes log of each firmware to see what all the parameters do, but I also have many videos that explain it as well:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware

Just an update,

I wired up all the SFX controllers today and connected the amc-aasd15a to the pc. I also set the parameters for the controllers. When the motors are connected something makes a whine noise but I get used to it. It's probably the controllers/motors. I used the up/down/left/right buttons to move the motors. They worked, albeit very noisy. I checked everything and some parameters were different, luckly I doubled checked them. It didn't make difference to the noise.

So I left it alone to cable tie the db25 cables and unplugged the usb b cable that goes to the Thanos so I wouldn't damage it. After I finished, I plugged it back in and moved the motors again and they were quieter like they should be. I don't know why, but it was better.

More things to do.

Question:

1: I run Win10 OS, should I follow the amc-aasd15a.pdf and manually install the FTDI driver?

Can't wait to get the 2.10 firmware with spike filtering.

2: I've set Pn51 to 1200 instead of 3000, baby steps.
Will the spike filter level have no effect past 1200?

I assume it only goes to the range this parameter is set too, probably wrong though.

The amc-aasd15a is a great piece of tech!

Just an update,

I wired up all the SFX controllers today and connected the amc-aasd15a to the pc. I also set the parameters for the controllers. When the motors are connected something makes a whine noise but I get used to it. It's probably the controllers/motors. I used the up/down/left/right buttons to move the motors. They worked, albeit very noisy. I checked everything and some parameters were different, luckly I doubled checked them. It didn't make difference to the noise.

So I left it alone to cable tie the db25 cables and unplugged the usb b cable that goes to the Thanos so I wouldn't damage it. After I finished, I plugged it back in and moved the motors again and they were quieter like they should be. I don't know why, but it was better.

More things to do.

Question:

1: I run Win10 OS, should I follow the amc-aasd15a.pdf and manually install the FTDI driver?

Can't wait to get the 2.10 firmware with spike filtering.

2: I've set Pn51 to 1200 instead of 3000, baby steps.
Will the spike filter level have no effect past 1200?

I assume it only goes to the range this parameter is set too, probably wrong though.

The amc-aasd15a is a great piece of tech!

Hi,

To your questions

1. You can check if the proper FTDI driver is automatically installed (if your windows is updated etc), if not you can try installing from the FTDI website as mentioned in the manual.

2. The P51 has no effect on the spike filter, just decreases the max RPM of the motor. You could still get a spike (jolt even at 1200 RPM). One negative effect of driving in slower RPM, is that the motor may lag behind the motion cues as it could take longer to finish some long stroke positions.

The Range value is to allow fine-tune the Spike level for lower values, as many that drive street cars use level values near 1000 to 2000. This value of the spike filter level is from total 65535 positions that correspond to the total stroke of the actuator. If a spike appears trying to move the actuator at a value +1000 or -1000 from its current position fast, for example, the AMC will switch to artificial slower motion following the spike value as it moves through the stroke of the actuator until it calms down and catches up with it. Then it will switch back to real time motion cues again...

Anyway, I'm beta testing a new version of the AMC Config Tool v1.2 that supports remotely adjustment of the spike filter from the PC, to easy switch values of the spike filter depending on the game or car you drive at the time.

AMC-Config-tool-v1_2_AASD.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering