Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

I updated the amc-aasd15a to v2.10 fix4 tonight. I turned on filter factor and set it to semi-hard. I notice now that when using the directional buttons the actuators move slower now.

I tried for several hours to get FlyPT 2.9.5 to move the actuators while I have AC or NoLimits2 open but NO success!
I read the first post from the Dev on xsimulator many times and I know I'm not doing something right. I select the right COM port, Source, Pose, Rig and output. The Green light on Bajer E-stop is illuminated and working properly cause I press the yellow and red buttons to park the rig.
I couldn't find the SFX profile either. I'll give it another go.

20200410_221437.jpg

It turns out that the motor power is already screened from the servo through to the motor.
I have ground continuity throughout the rig and all data cables have ferrite cores fitted.
The monitor is now clear but my Valve Index is greying out when I touch the sides.
With the only USB connected being the HMD, same issue. If I switch the AMC controller offline, the headset is perfect and I can wrap my hands around it with no issues. As soon as I switch the controller online, the problem reoccurs. Any ideas?

I updated the amc-aasd15a to v2.10 fix4 tonight. I turned on filter factor and set it to semi-hard. I notice now that when using the directional buttons the actuators move slower now.

I tried for several hours to get FlyPT 2.9.5 to move the actuators while I have AC or NoLimits2 open but NO success!
I read the first post from the Dev on xsimulator many times and I know I'm not doing something right. I select the right COM port, Source, Pose, Rig and output. The Green light on Bajer E-stop is illuminated and working properly cause I press the yellow and red buttons to park the rig.
I couldn't find the SFX profile either. I'll give it another go.

View attachment 361956

Hi,

You need the new firmware here that has some fixes:

The buttons move the actuators slower when the Filter Factor is enabled (Rolling Average Filter) as it counteracts to the button repeat counter. It will be fixed on some of the next firmware releases, its not critical issue.

For issues with FlyPT mover, you may want to visit my Discord and talk to the creator directly ;)

Thanks
Thanos

It turns out that the motor power is already screened from the servo through to the motor.
I have ground continuity throughout the rig and all data cables have ferrite cores fitted.
The monitor is now clear but my Valve Index is greying out when I touch the sides.
With the only USB connected being the HMD, same issue. If I switch the AMC controller offline, the headset is perfect and I can wrap my hands around it with no issues. As soon as I switch the controller online, the problem reoccurs. Any ideas?

You still have EMI noise and ground loop issues. Its not related to the AMC controller. The AMC just activates the power to the servo motors and that's when you see the gray-outs. You might want to arrange the HMD wiring away from any power cable of the servomotors it might help.

Thanks Thanos, I realise that it is not the fault of AMC controller. Just giving the run down.
This is puzzling as at present the HMD cable is not even in place on the rig yet.
I will persevere.

Thanks Thanos, I realise that it is not the fault of AMC controller. Just giving the run down.
This is puzzling as at present the HMD cable is not even in place on the rig yet.
I will persevere.

What type of ferrite cores are you using?

It seems as if the cheaper clip on ones in a plastic casing are not really up to this job and many have switched to the larger ferrite rings that are big enough to loop the HMD cable through multiple times.

They are the plastic clip on type. What size would you suggest.
Also I am waiting for the rest of my actuators but have been testing with the one I have for TL.
I have removed the actuator from the rig, so the only connections, are the HMD and the AMC USB. The motor cable is already screened by PT and the rig is no longer connected by anything. I still get the grey outs. I just wonder if the screened cable is not good enough.

They are the plastic clip on type. What size would you suggest.
Also I am waiting for the rest of my actuators but have been testing with the one I have for TL.
I have removed the actuator from the rig, so the only connections, are the HMD and the AMC USB. The motor cable is already screened by PT and the rig is no longer connected by anything. I still get the grey outs. I just wonder if the screened cable is not good enough.

This is the type of thing that's been mentioned in relation to the Index on Thanos's Discord channel:

https://www.digikey.co.uk/products/en?keywords=1934-1176-ND

I haven't tried one personally and would suggest, if you haven't already, perhaps join the Discord to check as their are many users in there that have faced and overcome the grey outs you are having. Good luck :)

Well ordered a Thanos, just finished building my sfx, Simfeedback is awesome however, I would like to be able to have a bit more control and diagnostics. I put off my pedal purchase for this I hope its worth it. Anyway is there anything I should be preparing for making the conversion from Simfeedback?

Well ordered a Thanos, just finished building my sfx, Simfeedback is awesome however, I would like to be able to have a bit more control and diagnostics. I put off my pedal purchase for this I hope its worth it. Anyway is there anything I should be preparing for making the conversion from Simfeedback?

Its directly compatible, except you need to add a few extra parameters in the servo drives (marked in red color):

IMG_20200401_072618.jpg

And read the manual for setup with simtools:

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS.../AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

Hi, Looking for a little education on the AMC-AASD15A configuration tool .

1. What is the option Actuator Limits used for and what does the number mean? By default it is set to 1. I would assume it should read 100 if I have the sfx100 actuators.

2. Under the standby and parking section there are :
a. Position standby default 127, parking default 1
b. speed. standby default 24, parking default 11
What do the numbers mean and how do I properly use them to adjust my rig?

thanks

Hi, Looking for a little education on the AMC-AASD15A configuration tool .

1. What is the option Actuator Limits used for and what does the number mean? By default it is set to 1. I would assume it should read 100 if I have the sfx100 actuators.

2. Under the standby and parking section there are :
a. Position standby default 127, parking default 1
b. speed. standby default 24, parking default 11
What do the numbers mean and how do I properly use them to adjust my rig?

thanks

1. Don't worry about the Actuators Limits value. Its not being used by the AMC-AASD15A controller, this utility is also being used by other AMC controllers (for different technology motors that need that). I'll probably adjust the util to disable access to that values when AMC-AASD15A controller is detected.

2. The values on the Standby / Park positions and speed settings are in 8-bit values 0-255 that correspond to 0-100 values displayed on the AMC-AASD15A LCD menu. I'll be revising the AMC config tool to also display those in 0-100 values, just didn't had the time yet to dedicate time into coding that yet. I rushed the release of the AMC config tool v1.2, as it contains the ablility to remotely adjust the Spike Filter parameters that is the most important at the moment and saves lots of time for users from getting out of the rig to reach the controller to adjust it.

Thanks
Thanos

1. Don't worry about the Actuators Limits value. Its not being used by the AMC-AASD15A controller, this utility is also being used by other AMC controllers (for different technology motors that need that). I'll probably adjust the util to disable access to that values when AMC-AASD15A controller is detected.

2. The values on the Standby / Park positions and speed settings are in 8-bit values 0-255 that correspond to 0-100 values displayed on the AMC-AASD15A LCD menu. I'll be revising the AMC config tool to also display those in 0-100 values, just didn't had the time yet to dedicate time into coding that yet. I rushed the release of the AMC config tool v1.2, as it contains the ablility to remotely adjust the Spike Filter parameters that is the most important at the moment and saves lots of time for users from getting out of the rig to reach the controller to adjust it.

Thanks
Thanos
Thanks again sir! You are the man!
If I am understanding the values correctly....if the standby is at 127, that means it is about 50% of the range and the actuator is extended to 50mm ( 1/2 of the total 100mm range of the actuator)...right?

Hi,

You need the new firmware here that has some fixes:

The buttons move the actuators slower when the Filter Factor is enabled (Rolling Average Filter) as it counteracts to the button repeat counter. It will be fixed on some of the next firmware releases, its not critical issue.

For issues with FlyPT mover, you may want to visit my Discord and talk to the creator directly ;)

Thanks
Thanos

How do I send messages on Thanos Discord? Cause I get this message:
Discord 1.PNG

I got the SFX100 to work finally using iRacing. It was a USB 3.0 PCI card that was/is not compatible with devices.

SFX100 Video

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea