Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

That's right, the pdf documentation has the wrong settings. The sway and surge settings were wrong in the documentation; they should be the reverse of roll and pitch. The example, above, is correct.

If someone can post here a screenshot of the correct axis assignments for 4DOF I can use it to update the manual.

Thanks
Thanos

I think that there is a mistake on the SimTools setting example in that PDF documentation.
Roll and Sway should be the opposite of each other.
Same with Pitch and Surge.
So
Roll is black black orange orange
Sway is orange orange black black

Pitch is black orange orange black
Surge is orange black black orange.
Thank you for your support, Wajdi

@pt-actuator I've visited your website a number of times and posted links to it for other people but everyone asks me how much the systems cost. Will there ever be an option to order with prices listed?
Thank you buddy, and keep an eye on our website, and updatings. Actually, we have a fully price list and even strategies for retailier and distributor paperworks, can you try to send me an E-mail ?
shao@pt-actuator.com

I will post some screenshots later.
Another thing that should be mentioned, you shouldn’t go to much over 100 in assignment allocation.
I mean the total of the 5 DOF should be around 100 ideally. You can go over a bit ( I have mine 125) but 190 in the documentations example will cause only motion FFB clipping ( saturation).

The pricing is close to an SFX-100 system, and given is ready to bolt up, with a better control system, I think worth it.

Every time I start considering a full motion system, I remember that I have a single 15A 110V circuit going to my media room and my breaker box is full. So when you consider a PC at a steady 500W, a potential direct drive wheel with 400W peaks, a 400W amplifier for the tranducers, the 75" TV running behind it, and then a 3000W peak power motion system with 4 actuators.... The 1800W of power that I can pull from that circuit just doesn't add up :(4DOF AASD Racing Kits

I have a power meter, so I could measure what my steady state and peak draw is right now. It might be interesting.

Last edited:
The pricing is close to an SFX-100 system, and given is ready to bolt up, with a better control system, I think worth it.

Every time I start considering a full motion system, I remember that I have a single 15A 110V circuit going to my media room and my breaker box is full. So when you consider a PC at a steady 500W, a potential direct drive wheel with 400W peaks, a 400W amplifier for the tranducers, the 75" TV running behind it, and then a 3000W peak power motion system with 4 actuators.... The 1800W of power that I can pull from that circuit just doesn't add up :(4DOF AASD Racing Kits

I have a power meter, so I could measure what my steady state and peak draw is right now. It might be interesting.
Hi, buddy , I don't think you need calculate the power consumptions by power meter, and, even if 4dof, each axis 750W, and 750w X4= 3kw, but, that means, all the motions are fully peak, or rated. You know, as servos, when we talking about peak, it's 3times of its power consumptions. If you do not need high insane motion feelings by motion kits, why we still need motions ? just share my ideas , by own experience....

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...simulator-thread.159524/page-131#post-2918718

I also measured the SFX100 watt usage, it mostly hovers around 100 watts (for all four motors combined! the whole motion system!) and peaks stay below 250 watts with an occasional 280 watt. But this is also highly dependant on how intense I choose my profiles.

PT-Actuators even use smaller motors I think compared to SFX100, isn't it flange 80 compared to flange 90?

Any way, I think you will be fine on 15A. Just start up all the components one by one, not all at once and you won't trip the fuse because of the combined high draw.

Food for thought that would allow this to work and still be mobile.

Given the range of motion at near 150mm, if you picked a center point for motion that was a bit higher and limited yourself to say 110mm of travel, it would seem that you could permanently mount casters that would only engage when the actuators were fully retracted. Does that seem doable? Can one of the switches on the ASSD board be to simply fully retract the actuators so the rig could be rolled away?

Food for thought that would allow this to work and still be mobile.

Given the range of motion at near 150mm, if you picked a center point for motion that was a bit higher and limited yourself to say 110mm of travel, it would seem that you could permanently mount casters that would only engage when the actuators were fully retracted. Does that seem doable? Can one of the switches on the ASSD board be to simply fully retract the actuators so the rig could be rolled away?

Yes, this can be done automatically by setting the Park position near zero. Then make sure to place some limits in Simtools for the range not to go too low position when playing.

But this is a good idea to add a working range offset so you can roll away the platform ;)

Mobility is a requirement for my rig. My current retractable casters are near their weight limit already, so I would need heavier duty casters. The simple solution would be have fixed casters. They may not need to eat a full 40mm of travel, maybe 30mm would be enough on carpet and maybe only 20mm on a hard surface. But if you created a configurable working range and then a fully retracted point, that would work well. That would aid quick setup and tear down quite a bit.

In my case I wouldn't say the pricing of the two systems were that close. From my calculations it is pretty much double the cost.

I do think it is the better of the two though :)

It sure is the better. Also Thanos’s controller has more safety features and less EMI if I’m correct?

What's the pricing for just PT 4 actuators and the Thanos controller? For those of us who plan on bolting it to our existing 8020 rig and don't plan on adding TL.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%