Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Ok, testing is good so far, no weird side effects inserting the extra pulses, unless if you are forcing it to go beyond the physical limits.. and a reminder, don't use cheap usb extension cables lol

Hey man! FYI there is a way to do this in FlyPT Mover allowing you to assign the adjustment to a button box. I would welcome a way to do it directly through the controller though. I can send a FlyPT profile with the belt / direct module containing the goodies if your interested.
Yes, I did have this with flypt when I was testing it out but I am no longer using it.

Just mind you, for making such custom wiring is better to use shielded cable, not too long, and add capacitors on the S2 and S3 inputs to filter the human-capacitive effect (60hz)...

Trim_Switch_belt_tensioner_wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Well seeing as the service was so fast in getting the feature I thought I better not be tardy in rigging up something to try it.

I had to choose the lowest step setting, and its still quite fast for adjusting the belt but after sitting in it, its quick enough to get about right but not too quick that I can't tap the buttons to get changes in tension that seem reasonable as steps.

I found that the other mode toggle was giving me increments so small I had to look at it to see if it was turning, which is was, a very little bit.

Its certainly alive and will make those races easier when I realise I did my belts up too much and its not going to be as much fun in 15 minutes :)

Well seeing as the service was so fast in getting the feature I thought I better not be tardy in rigging up something to try it.

I had to choose the lowest step setting, and its still quite fast for adjusting the belt but after sitting in it, its quick enough to get about right but not too quick that I can't tap the buttons to get changes in tension that seem reasonable as steps.

I found that the other mode toggle was giving me increments so small I had to look at it to see if it was turning, which is was, a very little bit.

Its certainly alive and will make those races easier when I realise I did my belts up too much and its not going to be as much fun in 15 minutes :)

Nice!! I just added extra parameter to insert further delay to slow down the movement as much as you like! Interested to see new video of the adjustment in action (tight or loosen the belt)!

Thanks
Thanos

Right, gave it a go, perfect. I think anyone now, no matter what their gear ratio 1:1, 1:2, whatever will be able to tune how fast the belt moves.

This is a really good enhancement for me and just in time for when a friend comes around and I tell them to press this button to get the seat belt in the right spot :)

Hi,

Yes, same driver, different Pn001 setting that defines the motor model power characteristics.

View attachment 597094
Ok thank you sooo much. Im finally amassing the equipment to build an actuator drivien rig. I have 5 80st-m02430 2.4N.M 750W servo motors and 4 aasd-15 drivers so far.
So if its not too much of a bother... what Pn001 setting do I use? I pretty much know nothing about these systems. Im a newbie and taking it on by myself with zero help so far. I have my base built and tried it with rotational Motors but I was using the ibt2 drivers and they just keep blowing and popping on me and just not not working out so I'm going with the actuators now but like I say I don't know anything about the systems so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. The pictures are of the rig that I'm tearing apart to build the actuator build, but I do plan on reusing my base because it's there's nothing wrong with it you know it's it's still sturdy and everything and it seems to be the right dimensions if not even a little bit too big actually for 6 dof. I'm also thinking about building an Extrusion built sfx 100 type racing rig as well before the 6 dof just because of lack of hardware for a 6dof at the moment.
So like I said any information you could give me at all on this aasd15 type system for the 750W 80st motors would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

• 20220705_004632.jpg
    20220705_004632.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220705_004044.jpg
    20220705_004044.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220812_064432.jpg
    20220812_064432.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220812_064413.jpg
    20220812_064413.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220812_062343.jpg
    20220812_062343.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 65
End of Summer sale is here...

View attachment 597099
When does this sale end? please tell me not to the end of the month lol. Also I'm not finding a sale I click on the thing it just takes me to the regular page for $349 I'm not finding any sale page

Ok thank you sooo much. Im finally amassing the equipment to build an actuator drivien rig. I have 5 80st-m02430 2.4N.M 750W servo motors and 4 aasd-15 drivers so far.
So if its not too much of a bother... what Pn001 setting do I use? I pretty much know nothing about these systems. Im a newbie and taking it on by myself with zero help so far. ....

When you buy a AASD-15A/80ST-M02430 servo kit, it cames with all you need, servomotor, servo drive, cables, all settings matched and calibrated already.

All you need to do then is to alter a few parameters on the servo drive to make it plug and play with the AMC-AASD15A controller.

Did you get the white version AASD-15A drive kit??? Also the 90ST-M02430 and 80ST-M02430 are not too different, practically same motors, different flange size (80mm or 90mm). As for the Pn001 setting, should be already set, but here is according to the table I shared a few posts up:
80ST-M02430, Pn001=4
90ST-M02430, Pn001=7

As for the Thanos sale, you should refresh the web page on your phone/pc, clear the cache. Also the sale is for limited time tenderly set to expire in 15days, but it could run out of stock before it ends. It can go both ways...

When you buy a AASD-15A/80ST-M02430 servo kit, it cames with all you need, servomotor, servo drive, cables, all settings matched and calibrated already.

All you need to do then is to alter a few parameters on the servo drive to make it plug and play with the AMC-AASD15A controller.

Did you get the white version AASD-15A drive kit??? Also the 90ST-M02430 and 80ST-M02430 are not too different, practically same motors, different flange size (80mm or 90mm). As for the Pn001 setting, should be already set, but here is according to the table I shared a few posts up:
80ST-M02430, Pn001=4
90ST-M02430, Pn001=7

As for the Thanos sale, you should refresh the web page on your phone/pc, clear the cache. Also the sale is for limited time tenderly set to expire in 15days, but it could run out of stock before it ends. It can go both ways...
No unfortunately I'm not buying mine all together. I'm buying the motor separately I have five of them now I need one more. I was able to pick up 4 aasd15 drivers or controllers on eBay for 380 an awesome deal. With a dude holding two more for me for when I have the money, and I'm going to buy the cables through I want to say eracing? or something like that. I know you're supposed to buy them all together but unfortunately my finances dictate which order and how I can purchase things at the moment. I have paperwork that shows me all my pinouts and I have extra plugs for the cables and things I was hoping that would be okay, if not, I hope you can tell me that there's some sort of work around cuz if not I'm screwed LOL

And I was actually able to get in on your sale for one of your Thanos cards yesterday so I've got the order in for that so I'm actually getting kind of excited so I sure do hope you tell me my controllers and Motors will work

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.