Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

New firmware for AMC-AASD15A v2.26 fix5 is now available.

• Added manual buttons (or dual switch) control for adjusting Belt Tensioners based on AASD servos.
  • Rewrite of the servo control engine for smoother and accurate change of direction. Added conditional signal manipulation to prevent un-winding of the feedforward prediction model of the servo drive, allowing smoother accelerations.
  • Added manual calibration of the servos by holding EXIT+DOWN buttons at any time
  • Minor fixes on the interface to correct refreshing and artifacts left on the LCD.

Reminder for the free acrylic enclosure offer with orders of the AMC-AASD15A with fixed LCD, until end of October.

The kit includes all hardware, with the acrylic pieces still wrapped to protect from scratches during shipping.

IMG_20221011_165914.jpg

IMG_20221012_045258.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have not overclocked anything.
Any other ideas? I still am having issues with motion disconnects in RRRE. About 15 minutes into a race, I unplug the USB on my Thanos, the rig resets and seems to not disconnect again.
Also, Is there a way to reset a comm port via the computer (Digital not physical) from my keyboard (Not having to get up)?

Just a quick update, despite the horrors of moving to a new house, I managed to have available some extra stock for this Black Friday sale. Both AMC-AASD15A models are on sale on the check out, even if the Remote Panel version is for backorder currently. Back ordered items might take up to a week to be fulfilled.

Thanks
Thanos

I'm having trouble getting everything working. If I power off and back on the servo controllers, they lift the system and I am able to do brief testing in SRS's setup area. However, it parks after around a minute and the testing no longer does anything. If I change the DIP switches to 1 off and 4 on, it does seem to slowly lift and lower the actuators. Is this maybe a grounding issue, or do I need to change something in my setup? I had some major health issues while I was setting this up about 6 months ago and am trying to pick it back up but have forgotten a lot. I have restarted my system and SRS, but can't figure out what the problem is. Trying to test in game has no effects. I've not yet been able to get it working in game or keep it working for long after a power cycle. Do I maybe just need to get the order of startup correct. I remember now people talking about needing to start everything in a specific order. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting everything working. If I power off and back on the servo controllers, they lift the system and I am able to do brief testing in SRS's setup area. However, it parks after around a minute and the testing no longer does anything. If I change the DIP switches to 1 off and 4 on, it does seem to slowly lift and lower the actuators. Is this maybe a grounding issue, or do I need to change something in my setup? I had some major health issues while I was setting this up about 6 months ago and am trying to pick it back up but have forgotten a lot. I have restarted my system and SRS, but can't figure out what the problem is. Trying to test in game has no effects. I've not yet been able to get it working in game or keep it working for long after a power cycle. Do I maybe just need to get the order of startup correct. I remember now people talking about needing to start everything in a specific order. Thanks for the help

Sorry for the delay. I must have missed this message here amidst the holidays pile up.
Did you follow the guide on SRS provided by Jeff? Explains the actuators setup and how to configure SRS for your platform. See these links:

https://www.simracingstudio.com/forum/motion-profiles-actuator/actuator-setup-links

One thing to mention, you perhaps need to connect the AMC controller via a powered USB hub like this one, on its own, instead of connecting it along other USB devices.

Thanks
Thanos

I updated to the latest fix 5 firmware, then reset the Thanos controller 2 times after updating. This fixed the molasses AND the motion shut down issue I have been having for months.
So, still having this motion stoppage during races in Race Room (Main SIm) sometimes it lasts most of a 30 minute race, sometimes after two laps it stops. I have to pause (mainly offline races) go pull the USB from the Thanos, then plug back in to reset. Sometimes this works sometimes this does not. Please, can anyone suggest anything?

So, still having this motion stoppage during races in Race Room (Main SIm) sometimes it lasts most of a 30 minute race, sometimes after two laps it stops. I have to pause (mainly offline races) go pull the USB from the Thanos, then plug back in to reset. Sometimes this works sometimes this does not. Please, can anyone suggest anything?

The only thing related to this issue, is disabling the USB power saving option in device manager...

IMG_20230122_132331.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 235 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 90 33.7%