Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Wow!!!

I can’t wait to figure out how much to save to be able to fit one of your standard 4 actuator systems. This thread is huge. A lot to take in.

9B1966BF-894E-4A0D-85FD-544EA30D9371.jpeg

Wow!!!

I can’t wait to figure out how much to save to be able to fit one of your standard 4 actuator systems. This thread is huge. A lot to take in.

View attachment 600576

Nice rig, it would benefit from some compact inexpensive actuators like these: eracing-lab.com/collections/rs-series/products/rs-mega-plus

And the AMC-AASD15A controller is still on sale to save a bit of $$$ ordering directly from us, if you are in USA: thanos-motion.com/products/thanos-amc-controller-rgb-v1-4

Gents,
I am recently having a problem with my motion stopping mid race (various times) RS 150 running the Thanos setup from e-Racing. It seems to do it mostly with RRRE more than any other sim. The solution to get the motion back online is always pull the USB from the Thanos to reboot. Hence why I am thinking its related to the AMC-AASD15A controller.
Any thoughts?

Gents,
I am recently having a problem with my motion stopping mid race (various times) RS 150 running the Thanos setup from e-Racing. It seems to do it mostly with RRRE more than any other sim. The solution to get the motion back online is always pull the USB from the Thanos to reboot. Hence why I am thinking its related to the AMC-AASD15A controller.
Any thoughts?

Could be windows updates, or overclocking issues, or some non standard drivers..?

Similar issue from someone on my Discord and how he solved it:

IMG_20220929_115653.jpg

Yet another, related question to my above post.
When the horizontal spike filter is activated, it "removes" 95% of the motion and normal motion does not return for many seconds, sometimes as many as 20 seconds or more. Is there a setting to reduce this "Time Out" to only a second or two (Or less) after the spike filter is activated? Currently I have in RRRE the filter set at 4000 to remove most if not all filter functions.

Yet another, related question to my above post.
When the horizontal spike filter is activated, it "removes" 95% of the motion and normal motion does not return for many seconds, sometimes as many as 20 seconds or more. Is there a setting to reduce this "Time Out" to only a second or two (Or less) after the spike filter is activated? Currently I have in RRRE the filter set at 4000 to remove most if not all filter functions.

You can adjust the speed of the actuators while in spike filtered motion by increasing the "Esc" parameter, the larger the number the faster will move towards target positions.

Now, there is a small window that will allow the spike filter to disengage if all actuators approach near the real time targets. This window size is defined by the "Fine" parameter, and the larger the value the easier it makes it for jumping to real time data.

I used the following values and seems to jump back to real motion data in seconds...

IMG_20221003_110136.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

So I am having this issues with all my sims. After about 20 minutes, the motion just stops and does not start back until I pull the USB from the Thanos unit OR start another sim completely. becoming VERY aggrevating! Please help someone.

Which motion software???

Did you check your motherboard bios if it uses XMP for non standard clocking of your RAM?? This could cause issues with USB transfers timing.

Which motion software???

Did you check your motherboard bios if it uses XMP for non standard clocking of your RAM?? This could cause issues with USB transfers timing.
SRS and, while somewhat computer literate, I do not know how to do that. Now... I have been running this same computer for about 2.5 years and your controller for about a year with zero issues until the last month or so. (If that matters)
But Google is my friend! :)
Also, are you saying it should or should not have XMP enabled?

Last edited:
SRS and, while somewhat computer literate, I do not know how to do that. Now... I have been running this same computer for about 2.5 years and your controller for about a year with zero issues until the last month or so. (If that matters)
But Google is my friend! :)
Also, are you saying it should or should not have XMP enabled?

If it just started doing it could be windows updates, or perhaps you need to update the AMC controller firmware to catch up with SRS updates. See how to update to latest firmware on this step by step guide.

The XMP is a feature that while can increase performance, it can introduce instability, and can affect the timing of other peripherals. Its recommended to have it turned off.

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

But Google is my friend!

If it just started doing it could be windows updates, or perhaps you need to update the AMC controller firmware to catch up with SRS updates. See how to update to latest firmware on this step by step guide.

The XMP is a feature that while can increase performance, it can introduce instability, and can affect the timing of other peripherals. Its recommended to have it turned off.

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/
Just updated to your latest Firmware for my AMC. All seems good now... Just completed a 25 minute race in RRRE with no issues! (All else fails reboot / Update.... DUH!)
Hopefully this fixes... As always thanks for your help
BTW my XMP is default (Not enabled in my BIOS as well)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.