Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

i will change all them over.. but i just wanted to start with two actuators and understand how it works...
your right, i should just go for all 6..
also, i was going to use the flyPT mover utility for cueing.... what is the ideal software...

The FlyPT mover has the best inverse kinematics for hexapod and lots of filters to achieve good motion cues. Also has dedicated Thanos output module where you assign your actuators order and its set to go!

unknown-33.png

i have to work on acquiring some servermotors...
im going to start with getting 2 sets.. for the most part its 250$ for each servomotor kit?

do you think my 1x 220VAC / 20Amp outlet can handle 6 of these servermotors?

Last edited:
Yes, all six of them don't draw more than 9 Amp in worst case combined. You can even run them on 110v if in USA...
this is for the 80ST-M02430? may i ask how do you run them at 110? at the moment 4 of my actuators are powered by the 230Vac and the remaining 2 are plugged to 110... just to load balance..

thank you for all your replies btw..

Last edited:
i wish i had gone servo motor back then. i went sabertooth cause im old school electronics and it was straightforward for me.
man, it will be nice not to have all the scooter batteries that are required for the sabertooth..
im going to look it aliexpress..
i wish u sold the servo motor kits..
have to fight for cheaper shipping with the manufacturers... :O_o:

i still like to know how you would run 110 for the servo motor kit...

Last edited:
Hi Thanos, I am just starting to test and figure out a Stewart platform (PT2510 foldback actuators), from PT Actuator, with a Trak Racer rig mounted on top. Eventually I will mount triple screens on it. I am also trying to figure out FlyPt for driving and flying simulators.. I have watched quite a number of youtube videos on the AMC controller to try figure out the vast number of choices. It was with great interest that I saw in a previous post the mention of a manual for programming the Stewart platform since everything I have watched is dedicated to other platforms.
alphaTango said:

Thanks! Are there any other features like this that are not documented in manual?

Might be, there are lots of hidden functions that apply on certain motion platforms types etc. Like like some extra options for Stewart 6dof platforms...
Where can I find this manual?

Another question regarding programing, if you can help with that. I have an issue with the platform and it will not stay in foldback mode and has to remain in inline mode. How will this affect how it will be programmed in FlyPt?

Thanks

Hi Thanos, I am just starting to test and figure out a Stewart platform (PT2510 foldback actuators), from PT Actuator, with a Trak Racer rig mounted on top. Eventually I will mount triple screens on it. I am also trying to figure out FlyPt for driving and flying simulators.. I have watched quite a number of youtube videos on the AMC controller to try figure out the vast number of choices. It was with great interest that I saw in a previous post the mention of a manual for programming the Stewart platform since everything I have watched is dedicated to other platforms.

Might be, there are lots of hidden functions that apply on certain motion platforms types etc. Like like some extra options for Stewart 6dof platforms...
Where can I find this manual?

Another question regarding programing, if you can help with that. I have an issue with the platform and it will not stay in foldback mode and has to remain in inline mode. How will this affect how it will be programmed in FlyPt?

Thanks

I got busy perfecting functions in the firmware from constant feedback from customers that releasing a manual for it for every change was time consuming. I'm re-writing the AMC controller manual these days to detail all these changes and how to setup the controller for various types of platforms.

Some changes didn't even made it to official latest firmware release yet, like specialized zero backtrack calibration for large footprint 6DOF rotary platforms:

If you want to see the above platform in action see this video:

About your issue with foldback setting, please leave message on Discord to find out why its happening (outdated firmware perhaps?).

Last edited:
Hi Thanos, I got my SFX-150 up and running for the first time today.

I have a PT Actuators traffic light e-stop. It is plugged in to the Thanos controller. The buttons work but the lights on the e-stop don't light up? Is this something with the Thanos controller not supplying enough power or something?

Another issue that I have is with SRS motion software. When I am in test mode and move the rig a small touch of the slider in any direction violently moves the rig. I also notice that same effect when pausing and resuming position in the game. Would that be an issue with SRS software setting of something to do with the controller? Thanks.

Hi Thanos, I got my SFX-150 up and running for the first time today.

I have a PT Actuators traffic light e-stop. It is plugged in to the Thanos controller. The buttons work but the lights on the e-stop don't light up? Is this something with the Thanos controller not supplying enough power or something?

Another issue that I have is with SRS motion software. When I am in test mode and move the rig a small touch of the slider in any direction violently moves the rig. I also notice that same effect when pausing and resuming position in the game. Would that be an issue with SRS software setting of something to do with the controller? Thanks.

To enable the LEDs on the e-stop, set the second DIP switch to ON position like the photo below:

AMC-DIP Switch - ESTOP LEDS.jpg

The actuators can be a bit jumpy with the sliders moved by mouse. Just use the keyboard arrows to increment slowly the sliders...

Thanks for that. The LED's are now working.

Another issue I am having is that my customs settings do not save when I power off the controller and power it back on.

Is there a special way to save a configuration so that power off does not set them to default at the next power on?

Thanks for that. The LED's are now working.

Another issue I am having is that my customs settings do not save when I power off the controller and power it back on.

Is there a special way to save a configuration so that power off does not set them to default at the next power on?

Which settings doesn't save?

The spike filter setting should not save permanently, SRS activates temporary settings that are different for each car or game etc...

Which settings doesn't save?

The spike filter setting should not save permanently, SRS activates temporary settings that are different for each car or game etc...
Stroke, Pulse Filter and Spike filter.

When I power off and start up again the values in these fields are all back at default and not the values that I changed during the last session.

Do I need to enter in the values for each session that I turn on the controller?

Stroke, Pulse Filter and Spike filter.

When I power off and start up again the values in these fields are all back at default and not the values that I changed during the last session.

Do I need to enter in the values for each session that I turn on the controller?

The stroke and Pulse Filter are set in the AMC-AASD15A controller LCD menu only. There is no way for SRS to set these.

Only the Spike Filter is set temporarily from SRS that is different for each car or game etc...

The stroke and Pulse Filter are set in the AMC-AASD15A controller LCD menu only. There is no way for SRS to set these.

Only the Spike Filter is set temporarily from SRS that is different for each car or game etc...
I am setting the stroke, spike and pulse filter on your controller and not through SRS. I set them to what I want 100mm/2500/filter semi-soft. But when I power the controller off these settings revert to 150mm/16500/filter OFF.

Do I have to keep the Thanos controller powered up to keep the settings or is there a way to save them so I don't have to change them every time I power up the Thanos controller. I hope I am clear what I am asking. Thanks

What’s the situation with shipping import taxes to the UK when we use UPS or DHL, when ordering through your website
I know UPS always try to sting with charges that are made up half the time!
Are we able to pay anything to you clear customs without the hassle?

What’s the situation with shipping import taxes to the UK when we use UPS or DHL, when ordering through your website
I know UPS always try to sting with charges that are made up half the time!
Are we able to pay anything to you clear customs without the hassle?

Let me put this way:

An order to UK placed on the Stealth-motion.eu (European website) was seized in customs and were asking 100euro in taxes and fees. It was denied and got "lost" when we asked the customs to return to sender.

Same order was resend to the customer from USA (Thanos-motion.com) and was shipped via DHL express, arrived in UK in two days and delivered with no customs issues or additional fees and taxes.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.