Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Ah, thank you for the explanation.

Can I ask what’s the use of the park/standby button then? It’s linked to the estop circuit but just momentary.

So is that used for a game that doesn’t have motion but just holds it at park position?

The button to switch between Park and Standby positions manually, exists mainly so users with 3DOF rigs (SFX-100) can lift their rigs to place supports under and to be able work/repair under them easily, same way you lift a car in a mechanic ;)

Last edited:
The button to switch between Park and Standby positions manually, exists mainly so users with 3DOF rigs (SFX-100) can lift their rigs to place supports under and to be able work/repair under them easily, same way you lift a car in a mechanic ;)

Sounds like a good addition.

So in normal game use, it’ll only be estop and force online buttons really used.
I have the SFX 100 built, just waiting to move house before I purchase the motors and your controller.

2 further questions then I’ll leave you alone!
1) is there a plug/port into the controller for the this button module, or just up to us as users to solder into the board?
2) for the games that don’t support motion or the time I don’t want to use motion, but I need the rig raised to the park/standby position for monitor height, do you just power up as normal and use the park/standby button?

Sounds like a good addition.

So in normal game use, it’ll only be estop and force online buttons really used.
I have the SFX 100 built, just waiting to move house before I purchase the motors and your controller.

2 further questions then I’ll leave you alone!
1) is there a plug/port into the controller for the this button module, or just up to us as users to solder into the board?
2) for the games that don’t support motion or the time I don’t want to use motion, but I need the rig raised to the park/standby position for monitor height, do you just power up as normal and use the park/standby button?

1. Yes, all new AMC-AASD15A boards v1.4 have rj45 connector on board to just plug rj45 or rj12 cable on it. Bajer e-stop comes with rj12 cable that is plug and play. See this video:

2. You can just run one of the motion software of your choice in the background and set the heave manually with slider to the height you want, or you can set the Park timeout in AMC lcd menu to never expire (above 90) so you can manually operate it with park/standby button).

Thanks
Thanos

Hi Thanos, your EU shop is out of stock for the basic AMC-AASD15A. Is this temporary or do you plan to dedicate to other models ? Thank you !

It might take a while to get stock in the European website. You can order from the US website for now.

What? Like a Stewart type platform? Can you share a photo of your rig? Cause we have 6DOFs here now but with independent axis....
It is not finished yet..

Today, I received a Tanos Motion Controller~!!!!

shipped by DHL.

Since it will be completed soon, we are looking into various motion programs.

SRS doesn't seem to have a rotary type DIY product setting method.

Attachments

• 앞.jpg
    앞.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210316_193732.jpg
    20210316_193732.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 117
  • KakaoTalk_20210319_231404861.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20210319_231404861.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
It is not finished yet..

Today, I received a Tanos Motion Controller~!!!!

shipped by DHL.

Since it will be completed soon, we are looking into various motion programs.

SRS doesn't seem to have a rotary type DIY product setting method.

Beautiful work, I love how far you pushed min/maxing the 'compact rotary 6dof' type machine and it looks like a lot of clever problem solving was employed to arrive such a form factor.

Beautiful work, I love how far you pushed min/maxing the 'compact rotary 6dof' type machine and it looks like a lot of clever problem solving was employed to arrive such a form factor.
Thanks to Thanos who made AMC CONTROLLER to make Rotary 6dof diy.

I still don't understand how to use or set up simtools or SRS, but...I'm trying to make it work somehow.
lol

Last edited:
Thanks to Thanos who made AMC CONTROLLER to make Rotary 6dof diy.

I still don't understand how to use or set up simtools or SRS, but...I'm trying to make it work somehow.
lol

Hi,

No sorry, your stewart platform is not supported by SRS yet. You will have to use FlyPT mover that supports such 6DOF with rotating actuators: https://www.flyptmover.com/

IMG_20210322_064249.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
PT-Actuator has now available E-stop button box with LED indicators that can be plugged in the latest AMC-AASD15A controller via RJ45 CAT7 cable:

On this box the yellow button serves are Force Offline switch to ignore motion data from the PC and park the actuators without closing the motion software or the game.

IMG_20210322_084145.jpg

Did mention the enclosure of this e-stop box is metal?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%