Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Let me put this way:

An order to UK placed on the Stealth-motion.eu (European website) was seized in customs and were asking 100euro in taxes and fees. It was denied and got "lost" when we asked the customs to return to sender.

Same order was resend to the customer from USA (Thanos-motion.com) and was shipped via DHL express, arrived in UK in two days and delivered with no customs issues or additional fees and taxes.
Sorted! I know what ill be doing then :thumbsup:

I compiled a video to show the difference of the actuator, before and after the fix (removed shims and added spacer in dirt ring)

If you wanted to see what is this about come over to my Discord on the PT-ACTUATOR channel ;)

IMG_20210509_140012.jpg

Hi Thanos,

we are also building a 6DOF based on an aluminium profil design.
We recieved our motor bundles with servo drivers.
The motors are standard 130ST 1,5 kW, but it seems that the servo drivers are not aasd-15a.

The servo drivers are 44 Pins and not DB25Pin.

Here is a link to the manual of the servo drivers:

http://www.oreeelectric.cn/uploads/soft/190806/G2SeriesServosytemUsermanual.pdf

Are these servo drivers able to be used by your controller board? We have your standard AASD15A controller.

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Austria!

Mario

Attachments

• Servo_Driver_1.jpeg
    Servo_Driver_1.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Servo_Driver_2.jpeg
    Servo_Driver_2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Servo_Driver_3.jpeg
    Servo_Driver_3.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Gearbox.jpeg
    Gearbox.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 79
Hi Thanos,

The motors are standard 130ST 1,5 kW, but it seems that the servo drivers are not aasd-15a.

Are these servo drivers able to be used by your controller board? We have your standard AASD15A controller.

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Austria!

Mario
Oh no !

Can you send these servo drives and motors back and buy proper AASD-30A servo drives with matching 130ST motors (matching wiring and parameters) ???

If not its going to be major PITA to make custom wiring and find the parameters you need for you especially without me having such servo unit on my hands...
The manual is incomplete, did you read it??

///// Please people don't buy ANY servo in the market you can get your hands on, chances are they are not plug and play, and 99% of the time not compatible at all!!! /////

Thanks
Thanos

Hi Thanos,

Thank you very much!
Greetings from Austria!

Mario
Hi Mario,

Pretty nice project of yours. I am thinking about building something similar, do you have a place where you are sharing your progress (youtube, xsimulator forum, racedepartment)?

Thank you.

Oh no !

Can you send these servo drives and motors back and buy proper AASD-30A servo drives with matching 130ST motors (matching wiring and parameters) ???

If not its going to be major PITA to make custom wiring and find the parameters you need for you especially without me having such servo unit on my hands...
The manual is incomplete, did you read it??

///// Please people don't buy ANY servo in the market you can get your hands on, chances are they are not plug and play, and 99% of the time not compatible at all!!! /////

Thanks
Thanos
Hi Thanos,

i thank you for your help and recommendation not to use this servo drivers.
I still had an AASD-30A at home from an old servo motor kit.

The motors work with this servo driver.
So I will now get the remaining servo drivers. Looking forward for future progress.

Thank you!
Mario

Attachments

• IMG_5291.jpg
    IMG_5291.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 70
Hi Mario,

Pretty nice project of yours. I am thinking about building something similar, do you have a place where you are sharing your progress (youtube, xsimulator forum, racedepartment)?

Thank you.
Hi,

not yet.
I think I will have some questions about controller settings during the course of the project.

It is not yet entirely clear to me how to set a start position after switching on the servo driver. The positions of the arms in the 6DOF Rotary Design are different. I want to avoid that the platform tilts into each other after switching on because the arms move into the wrong starting parking position. That would probably damage something.

That's why I'll soon be sharing my project in a forum.
It's so great to be able to rely on mutual help.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get on with the project.

Thank you!

Hi,

not yet.
I think I will have some questions about controller settings during the course of the project.

It is not yet entirely clear to me how to set a start position after switching on the servo driver. The positions of the arms in the 6DOF Rotary Design are different. I want to avoid that the platform tilts into each other after switching on because the arms move into the wrong starting parking position. That would probably damage something.

That's why I'll soon be sharing my project in a forum.
It's so great to be able to rely on mutual help.

I'll get back to you as soon as I get on with the project.

Thank you!

Except using hardstop for home position calibration, you can also use contactless sensors like this:

You can define the motor direction CW or CCW in the AMC controller, so half actuators can calibrate towards CW and othe other half CCW, so all actuator arms go down... this option will appear when you select the actuators type as rotary type.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

New Manual for the AMC-AASD15A is now available on github:

AMC-AASD15A_4DOF +TL+Surge-SRS-Simtools_manual_v2_4.pdf

What is new?

Hi again @Tronicgr_6DOF! I have really been enjoying your controller! I have just flashed it to the latest version (fix6) with the screensaver mode, and also just re-read the newest update to the manual. I just have one quick question. In the spike filter options, there are 2 values, esc and fine. I think I understand HOW they are used, but I don’t know what the units of measure are. are they percentages? i.e. 24 percent speed until they are within 11 percent of the “real” values, or do they mean something else that can be calculated.

On a related note, why does the spike filter measure in (mm/ (max 16 bit int)) instead of just taking mm input and converting it? Something to do with not being able to take a float input?

Thanks again for the great controller!

Last edited:
Hi again @Tronicgr_6DOF! I have really been enjoying your controller! I have just flashed it to the latest version (fix6) with the screensaver mode, and also just re-read the newest update to the manual. I just have one quick question. In the spike filter options, there are 2 values, esc and fine. I think I understand HOW they are used, but I don’t know what the units of measure are. are they percentages? i.e. 24 percent speed until they are within 11 percent of the “real” values, or do they mean something else that can be calculated.

On a related note, why does the spike filter measure in (mm/ (max 16 bit int)) instead of just taking mm input and converting it? Something to do with not being able to take a float input?

Thanks again for the great controller!

These two parameters are not actually per cent of the whole actuator travel, rather percentage of the limitation area, and define how fast the actuators should move and what is the minimum travel distance it can go near the "edge" of real motion cues, before it can jump back into the reality. It's better not to alter these unless you know what you are doing, otherwise you might make it jump into motion while still rolling of a cliff, or get stuck under Spike Filter limited speed until your vehicle comes to full standstill...

Thanks
Thanos

Hi Thanos,

this weekend I will commence building my motion rig consisting of 4 PT actuator scorpion S series.
So for these I set a stroke value of 150mm and 5mm/rev in the controller right?

Is it okay to set the full stroke length in the controller then? I suppose I will need to limit it then in the software to like an 85% to prevent damage?

And if it is not too big of a trouble could I possibly get a link to the correct parameters of these servomotor drives? I know they should come correctly set from the factory but I would like to check them just in case.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Thanos,

this weekend I will commence building my motion rig consisting of 4 PT actuator scorpion S series.
So for these I set a stroke value of 150mm and 5mm/rev in the controller right?

Is it okay to set the full stroke length in the controller then? I suppose I will need to limit it then in the software to like an 85% to prevent damage?

And if it is not too big of a trouble could I possibly get a link to the correct parameters of these servomotor drives? I know they should come correctly set from the factory but I would like to check them just in case.

Many thanks in advance

You can set your actuators to 140mm, 150mm will make them contact the top hard stop limit, which is fine in slow speeds, but it might overshoot a few mm if its going there full speed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%