Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

hola muy buenas tengo una pregunta tengo una controladora thanos pero se desconecta y se conecta cuando quiere por favor dime que puede ser el programa es el simracingstudio y hipolito que es un progamador del sistema me dice que es de la controladora thanos gracias

hola muy buenas tengo una pregunta tengo una controladora thanos pero se desconecta y se conecta cuando quiere por favor dime que puede ser el programa es el simracingstudio y hipolito que es un progamador del sistema me dice que es de la controladora thanos gracias
juan antonio via Google Translate said:
Hello, very good, I have a question, I have a thanos controller, but it disconnects and connects when it wants, please tell me what the program could be, is the simracingstudio, and hipolito, which is a system programmer, tells me that it is from the thanos controller, thanks
I had a similar problem when controller was connected straight to the PC. I connect it to the powered USB-hub, no problems since then.

This is a bit vague, what is disconnecting? The USB device? Could be cable problem or your motherboard drivers or usb power management settings...

Is it the AMC-AASD15A device reseting perhaps? In that case you need to check if the Reset-EN trace is cut and if not to cut it:

I'm setting up a 4 DOF sfx 100 type rig and am using a Thanos controler. It's on 2.11 v5 firmware. I have set up SimTools and was able to test outputs and produce motion buy now the controler is displaying 'C' on all 4 chanels/motors and I cant get the motors to respond to anything including test buttons on the controler. Also, the motors use to slightly buzz before when on and now they are quiet. All motor controlers are dispaying 0.

Any hints on what the issue is and how to proceed?
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm setting up a 4 DOF sfx 100 type rig and am using a Thanos controler. It's on 2.11 v5 firmware. I have set up SimTools and was able to test outputs and produce motion buy now the controler is displaying 'C' on all 4 chanels/motors and I cant get the motors to respond to anything including test buttons on the controler. Also, the motors use to slightly buzz before when on and now they are quiet. All motor controlers are dispaying 0.

Any hints on what the issue is and how to proceed?
Thanks

Hi,

Regarding the config tool, you should download and use correct version. Disconnect from SimTools before though.

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Latest_firmware/AMC_Config_tool_1_2.zip

I might guess you are using custom made db25 cables? Do they have all wiring as below?
IMG_20210404_221821.jpg

Also did you alter the Servo drives parameters adding the necessary additional parameters in red color below?

IMG_20210404_221919.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Yes I performed all the steps. I can't verify the pin configuration right now but everything was working until it wasn't.

The config software issue is resolved. You're correct, I was using an older version.

Last edited:
I reset the default values on the controler and everything cleared an I'm back to green. I was exploring the controller and its entirely possible I put it into some kind of weird state. I will continue to monitor to see if issue returns. For now all good. Thanks for help!

How can the Thanos controler be put into Servo Test mode like in Barry's review of the 6dof tune on srs?

After all is powered on and actuators are calibrated and parked, move the DIP switches as:

Dip sw #1 OFF
Dip sw #2 OFF
Dip sw #3 OFF
Dip sw #4 ON

When done, revert to original setting to run as normal again.

im interested in upgrading my DIY 6 dof actuators that used arduino and sabertooth 2x60...
(similar to silentchill's previous build) and go thanos..

what servo motor kit do you recommend? i wasnt sure if the links on the first post were outdated...

im interested in upgrading my DIY 6 dof actuators that used arduino and sabertooth 2x60...
(similar to silentchill's previous build) and go thanos..

what servo motor kit do you recommend? i wasnt sure if the links on the first post were outdated...
Does look like this? Hexapod with rotary actuators?

IMG_20210417_090724.jpg

Or if different, can you post some photos to recommend proper servomotors?

Last edited:
im using the sfu1605... so 5mm?

i was going to look at updating 2 actuators, so i basically need 2 sets of the flange 80 servomotors and the thanos controller?
What? You mean combine using the arduino with 2x60 on 4 of the actuators and only use servos on 2 of the actuators? Big NO... the servomotors are too accurate and fast, the others will always move slowly behind them and the motion cues will be all wrong and bizare... why not change all motors to these 80ST servomotors??

i will change all them over.. but i just wanted to start with two actuators and understand how it works...
your right, i should just go for all 6..
also, i was going to use the flyPT mover utility for cueing.... what is the ideal software...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea