Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

I have one more question. You shared these settings for a user. If I buy these engines, can I use them smoothly? Do these shared links work well with simtool?

I did not hear feedback if that worked and if its smooth enough, as the parameters I gave are approximate and vary from servo drive to servo drive. It needs lots of experimenting and lots of DIY work to get other unknown servos to work properly.

Last edited:
The AMC-AASD20A drives will work the same, just enter the same parameters in their panel as described in the manual:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Manual-and-Datasheets/AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

Thanks
Thanos

I got, thanks Thanos.

Before I am going to download the firmware, I need to confirm with you which version of Firmware best fit to my need. The latest one is listed as: This is the latest firmware for AMC-AASD15A... (v2.11 fix5)

I have 4 servos for my 3DoF motion flight sim I am building:

One for roll motion, that would be ranged from -90 to + 90 degree (180 degree capped). Center at zero degree.

One for pitch motion, same as above.

One for heave motion, moving the seat and base up and down. Max range 150mm. (50:1 ratio gear reducer on the 2500rpm motor)

One for g- force pulling the belt on my body, same as above, but effective negative g force on the belt tension distance motion is 150/2 =75cm

Also I will need: the emergency stop setup, and “remote control”, which means your controls and display need to be wired far away from your controller. The emergency stop and control/display are fixed on my seat which move along with me so I can reach to in any moment of time. If I am locked up in a upside down position so I still can reset my position to release myself.

Any advice and suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks again.

Web shop looks great but when can I place an order for the AMC controller to the UK?

You should be able to place an order on the website even right now when its on backorder. I'll have the AMC controller back in stock tomorrow when I receive more parts, and the TDD perhaps a few days after.

Europe is currently open to orders from both European and USA shop. its just a matter of how soon you need the items (might take a bit longer from USA).

It was rather hard few weeks moving to the new house, especially during holidays period, but we are getting back to speed and all backordered items will be shipped soon.

Thanks
Thanos

Thanos,
Got a quick question.
With the PT Actuator 150 stroke Scorpion 4DOF + TL and in the SRS software, what would a good starting point for the spike filters be?
Also what should the sway setting be with a horizontal actuator? Should that be 0 or 100 in the vertical actuator settings?

Thanks

Attachments

• spike and sway2.PNG
    spike and sway2.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Rig1.jpg
    Rig1.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanos,
Got a quick question.
With the PT Actuator 150 stroke Scorpion 4DOF + TL and in the SRS software, what would a good starting point for the spike filters be?
Also what should the sway setting be with a horizontal actuator? Should that be 0 or 100 in the vertical actuator settings?

Thanks

I think these are set automatically from SRS, but generally you want them set to a level that won't activate during normal race, only activate in case of crash.

The TL spike filter should be lower value than the vertical actuators spike filter, to early catch crash spikes...

SD300?

Hi Thanos. Building a 6DOF based on Dirty design. Today I recieved the motor bundle with the servo drivers, but seems that the servo drivers are different than the aasd-15a :mad:

Attached photos.

Manual is in full chinese, but what I could google translate it seems to be the same specs. Found an instruction manual that seems to be for exactly the same model.

Will turn it on to browse through the parameters, but worried the needed params for your controller might not be in the same code/number.

Do you recommend to return? or maybe someone has expierence with them?

Thanks so much!

Charlie

IMG_20210129_140245.jpg
IMG_20210129_140245.jpg
IMG_20210129_155626.jpg
IMG_20210129_155640.jpg

SD300?

Hi Thanos. Building a 6DOF based on Dirty design. Today I recieved the motor bundle with the servo drivers, but seems that the servo drivers are different than the aasd-15a :mad:

Attached photos.

Manual is in full chinese, but what I could google translate it seems to be the same specs. Found an instruction manual that seems to be for exactly the same model.

Will turn it on to browse through the parameters, but worried the needed params for your controller might not be in the same code/number.

Do you recommend to return? or maybe someone has expierence with them?

Thanks so much!

Charlie

View attachment 440692View attachment 440692View attachment 440693View attachment 440694

Definitely return them. Not only there is no DB25 plug and play connector (has a 50pin connector instead), it doesn't support automatic calibration against hard stop either...

Make sure when you order to get from seller that their drive looks like this externally:

IMG_20210130_093717.jpg

Link to this for example

Thanks
Thanos

You should be able to place an order on the website even right now when its on backorder. I'll have the AMC controller back in stock tomorrow when I receive more parts, and the TDD perhaps a few days after.

Europe is currently open to orders from both European and USA shop. its just a matter of how soon you need the items (might take a bit longer from USA).

It was rather hard few weeks moving to the new house, especially during holidays period, but we are getting back to speed and all backordered items will be shipped soon.

Thanks
Thanos

Thanos, I plan to place an order for your motion board to run my SFX-100. I saw in one of the videos that there is a metal case. Is that available from you or do you have a site where I can order one.
Thanks
TRC7

Thanos, I plan to place an order for your motion board to run my SFX-100. I saw in one of the videos that there is a metal case. Is that available from you or do you have a site where I can order one.
Thanks
TRC7

The metal case is part of the package for PT-ACTUATOR kits or platforms. They are reseller of my AMC-AASD15A controller and they have the means to produce the metal enclosure. If you want you can contact the PT-ACTUATOR, it seems they offer the AMC-AASD15A in metal enclosure as separate part as well:
http://www.pt-actuator.com/products/p5/119.html

Otherwise you would have to 3D print enclosure for it. Easy if you have 3D printer.

Thanks
Thanos

The metal case is part of the package for PT-ACTUATOR kits or platforms. They are reseller of my AMC-AASD15A controller and they have the means to produce the metal enclosure. If you want you can contact the PT-ACTUATOR, it seems they offer the AMC-AASD15A in metal enclosure as separate part as well:
http://www.pt-actuator.com/products/p5/119.html

Otherwise you would have to 3D print enclosure for it. Easy if you have 3D printer.

Thanks
Thanos

OK thanks Are the controller boards in stock?

How do you reset to start the motion once you put it in park/reset by hitting the amber button?

Do you just press park/standby again to reset the mode?

Last edited:
How do you reset to start the motion once you put it in park/reset by hitting the amber button?

Do you just press park/standby again to reset the mode?

If you activate the E-stop switch while in game, there is no way for the motion to come back unless the actuators are calibrated first, and to calibrate the controller must be offline. So in that case, you just activate the Force Offline switch, the actuators calibrate as normal, and when you deactivate the Force Offline switch it will smoothly bring motion back.

If you activate the E-stop switch while in game, there is no way for the motion to come back unless the actuators are calibrated first, and to calibrate the controller must be offline. So in that case, you just activate the Force Offline switch, the actuators calibrate as normal, and when you deactivate the Force Offline switch it will smoothly bring motion back.

Ah, thank you for the explanation.

Can I ask what’s the use of the park/standby button then? It’s linked to the estop circuit but just momentary.

So is that used for a game that doesn’t have motion but just holds it at park position?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 59 56.7%