Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

i clicked on one of the movement buttons on the aasd controller and the bearing just slammed right through the printed bearing mount.

I did the exact same thing before triple checking the parameters and realizing I was missing one :)
Punched the linear bearing almost straight out the bottom of the actuator

Glad its all working now

I did the exact same thing before triple checking the parameters and realizing I was missing one :)
Punched the linear bearing almost straight out the bottom of the actuator

Glad its all working now

Yeah, 3D printed parts can't handle forcing movement beyond its stroke...

Its different story if you have solid metal actuators... see here what happens when I try to force all kind of possible failures on the AMC-AASD15A servos:

Hey Thanos, I had to re-locatie my servo drives and controller away from the pc. Now i have a extentions usb (HQ) and sometimes it does weird stuff. I thnik i may need to connect a power adaptor to the board? what one do you reccomend?

Hey Thanos, I had to re-locatie my servo drives and controller away from the pc. Now i have a extentions usb (HQ) and sometimes it does weird stuff. I thnik i may need to connect a power adaptor to the board? what one do you reccomend?

Don't add power supply on the barrel jack on the AMC-AASD15A, the best way is to get and use a dedicated USB3.0 hub with external power, to compensate the extension cable power loss. A small hub like this would be perfect: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XTKV8V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_jC20FbYQHPKWS
(Don't connect anything else on that hub, just the AMC to avoid latency delays).

Thanks
Thanos

hi, can anyone tell me wich pins need to be used on the DB25 between the Thanod and the servo drive? I cant find a schematic, other than saying its a straight 1 on 1 db25 cable. Thanks.

See wiring info for AMC-AASD15A and TDD micro on the following schematic:

DB25 cable male-male wiring pinout.GIF

Thanks
Thanos

thanks Thanos! I had Pn61 wrong :sleep: Auto calibration working fine now. Back in action :thumbsup:

Still facing some weird issues. Settings on the drives and the controller seem (i think i checked like four times), wiring looks fine, i also swapped cables to verify there's no faulty one...

I keep getting AL-06 errors. At first only on the right front actuator drive but now last time i got an error on three of the drives. I cannot seem to replicate the exact issue. It does seem to happen only when the actuators are in park position, after a minute or two being in park position it gives an AL-06.

Also the test mode SRS behaves weird. Not all actuators go up at the same time, and they don't rise to the same position. Someone anyone ideas what might be causing this weird behavior and the errors?

Still facing some weird issues. Settings on the drives and the controller seem (i think i checked like four times), wiring looks fine, i also swapped cables to verify there's no faulty one...

I keep getting AL-06 errors. At first only on the right front actuator drive but now last time i got an error on three of the drives. I cannot seem to replicate the exact issue. It does seem to happen only when the actuators are in park position, after a minute or two being in park position it gives an AL-06.

Also the test mode SRS behaves weird. Not all actuators go up at the same time, and they don't rise to the same position. Someone anyone ideas what might be causing this weird behavior and the errors?

The AL-06 error is overload of the motor. So it can be either of these two cases:
1. check your actuators if they need lubrication, or some part in them failed (SFX100??)
2. you have too much load on your rig and the actuators struggle to hold the demanded position in time so they move slower and eventually throw the AL-06 error.

Can you share some photos of your rig? Or video to see how it looks?

al06.jpg

Also make sure you have set all servo parameters as in the AMC-AASD15A manual, including the extra parameters in red color that do the calibration of the actuators.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
The AL-06 error is overload of the motor. So it can be either of these two cases:
1. check your actuators if they need lubrication, or some part in them failed (SFX100??)
2. you have too much load on your rig and the actuators struggle to hold the demanded position in time so they move slower and eventually throw the AL-06 error.

Can you share some photos of your rig? Or video to see how it looks?

View attachment 428075

Also make sure you have set all servo parameters as in the AMC-AASD15A manual, including the extra parameters in red color that do the calibration of the actuators.

Thanks
Thanos

I tried to replicate the issues but now it seems to work properly, test in SRS works fine and no errors while in park position (for the last 5 minutes or so). Could it be EMI related? I seem to have (had?) some issues that might be EMI related; USB drops, spiking in load cell.

I tried to upload some photos but the files are too large

I tried to replicate the issues but now it seems to work properly, test in SRS works fine and no errors while in park position (for the last 5 minutes or so). Could it be EMI related? I seem to have (had?) some issues that might be EMI related; USB drops, spiking in load cell.

I tried to upload some photos but the files are too large

EMI wouldn't affect the servo drives themselves to cause the AL-06... but yeah, all the peripherals need to be well shielded and grounded if possible.

You can resize the large photos using this app if you have android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor&hl=en_US&gl=US

Usually I resize all my photos I upload here to 2megapixels..

Thanks
Thanos

EMI wouldn't affect the servo drives themselves to cause the AL-06... but yeah, all the peripherals need to be well shielded and grounded if possible.

You can resize the large photos using this app if you have android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor&hl=en_US&gl=US

Usually I resize all my photos I upload here to 2megapixels..

Thanks
Thanos

Thanks for the tip, hope the photos still show some detail. The controller is connected to my pc with a quality 5 meter USB cable.

I tried grounding the rig and pheripherals but that didn't seem to have any effect.

I'll try to test the actuators a bit more tomorrow evening.

Thanks!!
IMG_20201218_213354835.jpg
IMG_20201218_213408994.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events