Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Is there a point to take Modbus versions of servos to SFX-project?
I'm just started ordering stuff for the project. I'm making first SFX Shield, but probably going later to Thanos controller.

Is there a point to take Modbus versions of servos to SFX-project?
I'm just started ordering stuff for the project. I'm making first SFX Shield, but probably going later to Thanos controller.

No need. Modbus is slow serial interface anyway used mostly on factories for networked automation.

There is one last piece of the AMC-AASD15A v1.3 board with blue LCD discounted if you head to the Tindie page now...

All next available AMC boards are v1.4 that includes RGB LCD and Rj45 connector on the back...

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Just be cause it feels the same it doesn't mean its not better. The point was to improve its life span and durability without having impact on its performance. This is an accomplishment. And you can see on the video the changes in materials and drive mechanics that are superior than anything else in the market. So... what's your point again? Oh, yeah... you didn't afford to buy them the first place.

I don't know what the failure rate was with the monsters. If people were wearing them out already then they weren't holding up as well as the 3D printed SFX100 systems and maybe something needed to be done, but that would seem like an issue that needed to be fixed.

If the market will absorb this, fine, but once you get past a certain point you are reaching diminishing returns and are over engineering the product.

I watched that video and as an engineer, it screamed overkill and gold plating.

If your comments about my not being able to afford them are to be taken seriously than you are telling me your market is multi-millionaires who recently came into money and don't care what anything costs and are careless with their money. If so good luck with that.

I don't know what the failure rate was with the monsters. If people were wearing them out already then they weren't holding up as well as the 3D printed SFX100 systems and maybe something needed to be done, but that would seem like an issue that needed to be fixed.

If the market will absorb this, fine, but once you get past a certain point you are reaching diminishing returns and are over engineering the product.

If your comments about my not being able to afford them are to be taken seriously than you are telling me your market is multi-millionaires who recently came into money and don't care what anything costs and are careless with their money. If so good luck with that.

Just buy the d-box... why the argument? It's your money, you can use them as you like. lol

And again... there is no issue with the Monster actuators, and certainly no failures in over three years on the ones I have... and its not overkill, considering the forces involved moving 300lbs load around in high speed (up to 2G).... You clearly forgot we talk about actuators with 100% duty cycle here...

Last edited:
Just a reminder, we will never ask what you use the AMC-AASD15A for, or with what actuators or motion software... and definitely you don't need someone to sponsor you and hold your hand to "enter" the game.

The list of types of rigs or actuators that can be used is endless and more and more options for motion software are becoming available, even free ones (FlyPT).

You are free to choose where you get your parts from or complete actuators or even complete rigs. No one will judge you :thumbsup:

Em91ueSUwAAeWJA.jpeg

Last edited:

@RCHeliguy - Your comments sound really strange and totally out of the blue ! I have 3 x Monster Actuators and yeah glad to have got those before the higher priced Scorpion model arrived. But nowhere have I read any reports of failure rates at all ... these things are heavy duty and built like Tanks, any reference to them including Barry at SRG speaks highly of them and how they perform. So you introducing this concept of failure rates from nowhere with no evidence then comparing them in a negative light to the SFX100 sounds like a real stretch to me.

Fact is any mechanical parts can fail due to myriad circumstances/reasons, you being an Engineer obviously know that right ? And as Thanos said things improve and evolve. That does not in this case make the previous model redundant, unusable or cast doubt on its ability to perform to the spec it was created at.

I watched that video too, I am not an engineer but actually come from a family where my brother and dad are both mechanical engineers so grew up around this stuff since 1970's. My thoughts were Wow & what a great advancement in strength and quality, not any feeling of overkill or gold plating.

Anyway I wanted to add my thoughts because these Monster Actuators are phenomenal and coming from the NLR V3 (which I loved, still do & recommend it as a superb 2dof seatmover) the PT Actuator system, paired with Thanos Controller and SRS software, has added a new dimension in my appreciation of sim racing motion.

I agree with Thanos, buy what you like and can afford, but there is no indication PT are going to keep increasing prices to D-Box levels and in fact relative to other similar products they are still very competitive even with these increased specs which add value and for some people more peace of mind to see the reinforcement and quality that Barry highlighted so really well.

Last edited:
@RCHeliguy - Your comments sound really strange and totally out of the blue ! I have 3 x Monster Actuators and yeah glad to have got those before the higher priced Scorpion model arrived. But nowhere have I read any reports of failure rates at all .

Exactly and you prove my point.

You are glad that you saved your money instead of wishing that you got the Scorpions instead.

That shows a negative value proposition. The product didn't need the additional gold plating and cost.

You are saying that you are happy to have gotten a product that works well for you at a lower cost and that you preferred that lower cost.

I never saw any data suggesting high failure rates. That assumption was only based on the response I got that was trying to justify the gold plating.

Your comment about "piece of mind" suggests that owners of the Monsters actually pulled them apart which I've never heard of. Have you ever disassembled yours?

My comments may sound strange because they are about business choices and direction.

Last edited:
Business choices & direction ? Oh Okay, I have no desire to argue or change your mind. I was simply stating I was happy to purchase the Monsters when I did for what they are.

However, to clarify, had I not and was buying now I would be more than happy to pony up what now is about an extra aussie $300 per actuator for 3 x Scorpions.

To me the enhanced engineering is not 'gold plating' and is worth the extra money if I was a new buyer. I really like quality, robust built equipment like this as do many others. I am not a millionaire or even close but sometimes you pay extra where it counts !

My comment on Peace of Mind in no way suggests people pull the Actuators apart, that rationale is truly ridiculous - we watched Bazza with his long silky hair do it ! :D

I feel it is misleading to frame the enhancements in the new Scorpion PT's as a frivolous or negative thing and as an owner/user of this product I believe my opinion is balanced and valid not just speculation. Even if I'm not an engineer, just a pretend race car driver, like all or most of us here !
Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Business choices & direction ? Oh Okay, I have no desire to argue or change your mind. I was simply stating I was happy to purchase the Monsters when I did for what they are.

However, to clarify, had I not and was buying now I would be more than happy to pony up what now is about an extra aussie $300 per actuator for 3 x Scorpions.

To me the enhanced engineering is not 'gold plating' and is worth the extra money if I was a new buyer. I really like quality, robust built equipment like this as do many others. I am not a millionaire or even close but sometimes you pay extra where it counts !

My comment on Peace of Mind in no way suggests people pull the Actuators apart, that rationale is truly ridiculous - we watched Bazza with his long silky hair do it ! :D

I feel it is misleading to frame the enhancements in the new Scorpion PT's as a frivolous or negative thing and as an owner/user of this product I believe my opinion is balanced and valid not just speculation. Even if I'm not an engineer, just a pretend race car driver, like all or most of us here !
Cheers :thumbsup:

Its not worth your time to respond to trolls.... Better invest that time to enjoy your perfectly fine motion platform :thumbsup:

Maybe I misread or it had been too long since the last time I looked. I thought it was significantly more than $300 additional per transducer. If so than I withdraw my comments. $300 ea. is noise.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 286 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.1%
Back