Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Thanks! I will use this with my SFX100 rig, do i need anything else? (Except enclosure) Do i also need to cut the reset trace?

Can't wait to use it with SRS
I just ordered one :)

The Reset-EN trace is always being cut now in advance, no worries. SRS integration support is in my opinion the best thing that happened recently. Really puts the "play" in "plug and play" now :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The Reset-EN trace is always being cut now in advance, no worries. SRS integration support is in my opinion the best thing that happened recently. Really puts the "play" in "plug and play" now :thumbsup:
Agreed, i know the software pretty well and communicate with SRS a lot during beta testing (was at the time for my DOF reality P3 rig) There support is really awesome.

Have been using SRS with a DOFReality H3 and now moving to SFX-100 actuators + Thanos controller. So perfect timing to add support as their software is really user friendly, thanks!

Just rebuild my rig the last weeks, today i testet it. Actuatorfeets are lifting on both sides, it feels like in a boat when driving. When i get out of the rig, i can shake the rig easley in the direction where the actuator got liftet its foot.

Do you know thanos, whats causing it ? Mostly this happens on lateral forces. When testing the actuators in test mode everything is working fine.

Don`t have changed anything in the servocontrollers or in the thanosboard. Could this be the higher seatingpoint, that i have changed from my previous build ?

Here is a video of it. On the other side its the same.

Last edited:
Just rebuild my rig the last weeks, today i testet it. Actuatorfeets are lifting on both sides, it feels like in a boat when driving. When i get out of the rig, i can shake the rig easley in the direction where the actuator got liftet its foot.

Do you know thanos, whats causing it ? Mostly this happens on lateral forces. When testing the actuators in test mode everything is working fine.

Don`t have changed anything in the servocontrollers or in the thanosboard. Could this be the higher seatingpoint, that i have changed from my previous build ?

Here is a video of it. On the other side its the same.

As we discussed on Discord, this is issue with Sim-Motion software perhaps, wrong actuator order, in combination with low value spike filter setting perhaps.

Try SRS software. Except it's using special algorithms to provide excellent motion detail and road vibration from real telemetry (not dbox canned effects), it also supports fully the AMC-AASD15A controller by integration into its internal settings, to automatically set different spike filters, per track or car or game, auto-loading the best saved tuned profiles!

Im am receiving the controller (white 1.4) tomorrow. Is there some tutorial on how to convert it from the SFX-100 Arduino leonardo ?
Do i need to do special settings in the servo drivers? or can i leave them as is (mine works perfect on the simfeedback software now) I noticed the sfx-settings on your youtube channel, is that all i need to change? (and just plug in the cables from the servo drivers to the board)
Thanks in advance!

Im am receiving the controller (white 1.4) tomorrow. Is there some tutorial on how to convert it from the SFX-100 Arduino leonardo ?
Do i need to do special settings in the servo drivers? or can i leave them as is (mine works perfect on the simfeedback software now) I noticed the sfx-settings on your youtube channel, is that all i need to change? (and just plug in the cables from the servo drivers to the board)
Thanks in advance!
Page 21 - https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS.../AMC-AASD15A_4DOF+TL-Simtools_manual_v2_3.pdf

Thanks but thats mainly for the PT actuators, they are not the same i think?
EDIT: Nevermind, those extra parameters are for the PT actuator i guess.

Thanks

All parameters needed, even the red color ones. I colored red the extra parameters needed that are not present in the original SFX100, but the AMC-AASD15A needs for the automatic calibration.

Thanos
I am trying to use the SRS software with my PT Actuator rig but the SRS software cannot find the controller.
It works fine in Sim Tools but not in SRS.
Marcelo thinks that I don't have the proper driver for SRS he said something about FTD.
Not sure what to do?

Thanks James

Thanos
I am trying to use the SRS software with my PT Actuator rig but the SRS software cannot find the controller.
It works fine in Sim Tools but not in SRS.
Marcelo thinks that I don't have the proper driver for SRS he said something about FTD.
Not sure what to do?

Thanks James

First, delete the photo with your license number, lol

Second you need to use latest firmware on AMC-AASD15A controller:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Latest_firmware

Then also make sure to use the latest beta version of SRS:
https://www.simracingstudio.com/download

If bought from PT-ACTUATOR you might need to "open" the controller and cut the Reset-EN trace on the bottom board:

Last, you might just join my Discord where this information is available there already:

Thanks
Thanos

First, delete the photo with your license number, lol

Second you need to use latest firmware on AMC-AASD15A controller:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Latest_firmware

Then also make sure to use the latest beta version of SRS:
https://www.simracingstudio.com/download

If bought from PT-ACTUATOR you might need to "open" the controller and cut the Reset-EN trace on the bottom board:

Last, you might just join my Discord where this information is available there already:

Thanks
Thanos

Well I have done all of the above and still the same result.

Then perhaps download and install the vcp ftdi driver from here:

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

The latest versions of windows do not install by default the drivers, rather you have to manually now force the driver to install via windows update.

Thanks
Thanos

I dont remember exactly but there is a setting you need to disable so it doesnt try to install a mouse.

Serial mouse was what it tried to install in the drivers after you install the vcp ftdi driver.

Last edited:
All parameters needed, even the red color ones. I colored red the extra parameters needed that are not present in the original SFX100, but the AMC-AASD15A needs for the automatic calibration.

Hi Thanos, what exactly do you mean with automatic calibration? I'm currently in the situation where i'm a bit hesitant to switch on my SFX100. I somehow managed to break 2 of the bearing mounts; i clicked on one of the movement buttons on the aasd controller and the bearing just slammed right through the printed bearing mount.

i have replaced the bearing mounts so i think it's ready to be used again but i'm a little scared to hit the switch LOL

Not all actuators are currently in the same position; the actuators at the back are extended much more than the ones on the front so the rig is tilted forward, and also a little bit sideways.
I have configured the servo drives and the controller according to the latest version of the manual (v2.3). anything else that i should do before i take the plunge and fire up the system? :) thanks!

Hi Thanos, what exactly do you mean with automatic calibration? I'm currently in the situation where i'm a bit hesitant to switch on my SFX100. I somehow managed to break 2 of the bearing mounts; i clicked on one of the movement buttons on the aasd controller and the bearing just slammed right through the printed bearing mount.

i have replaced the bearing mounts so i think it's ready to be used again but i'm a little scared to hit the switch LOL

Not all actuators are currently in the same position; the actuators at the back are extended much more than the ones on the front so the rig is tilted forward, and also a little bit sideways.
I have configured the servo drives and the controller according to the latest version of the manual (v2.3). anything else that i should do before i take the plunge and fire up the system? :) thanks!

I think you forgot to enter the calibration parameters in the AASD-15A drives...

IMG_20201209_080435.jpg

Actually check if all parameters are entered correctly:

IMG_20201209_080445.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%