Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

SRS PUBLIC BETA in PLACE

https://www.simracingstudio.com/download

Download latest beta from site
You need a license
Fully refundable no questions asked
Major positive feedback
Tried with pt actuators (AASD and MDBOX)

PT Actuators - quick start guide

https://www.simracingstudio.com/pro...shaker-and-pt-actuator-thanos-motion-platform

You can provide feedback on the Discord in the SRS channel:

Thanks
Thanos

SRS PUBLIC BETA in PLACE

https://www.simracingstudio.com/download

Download latest beta from site
You need a license
Fully refundable no questions asked
Major positive feedback
Tried with pt actuators (AASD and MDBOX)

PT Actuators - quick start guide

https://www.simracingstudio.com/pro...shaker-and-pt-actuator-thanos-motion-platform

You can provide feedback on the Discord in the SRS channel:

Thanks
Thanos

This SRS software looks interesting. How much is a license ? Will it work with SFX 100 and Thanos ?

How much is your RGB LCD screen adapter and what's involved in installing it?

This SRS software looks interesting. How much is a license ? Will it work with SFX 100 and Thanos ?

How much is your RGB LCD screen adapter and what's involved in installing it?

The SRS price is on the last link.

Here is an early test this morning testing it on spike filter. You can also see the RGB lcd in action:

About changing the existing AMC-AASD15A simple lcd to RGB, its just 20usd + shipping to send out a RGB IC addon and the RGB LCD itself. But the process is a bit too advanced for people that are not doing pcb rework professionally. It involves unsoldering the pin header of the old lcd without damaging pads, soldering new RGB lcd and sandwich on top the addon pcb...

Or I might offer upgrade boards v1.4 soon as alternative, that also include rj45 port for easy wiring of e-stop box like bajer or custom one like in the video above.

mmexport1603105906068.jpg

mmexport1603105913526.jpg

Thanks
Thanos

The SRS price is on the last link.

Here is an early test this morning testing it on spike filter. You can also see the RGB lcd in action:

About changing the existing AMC-AASD15A simple lcd to RGB, its just 20usd + shipping to send out a RGB IC addon and the RGB LCD itself. But the process is a bit too advanced for people that are not doing pcb rework professionally. It involves unsoldering the pin header of the old lcd without damaging pads, soldering new RGB lcd and sandwich on top the addon pcb...

Or I might offer upgrade boards v1.4 soon as alternative, that also include rj45 port for easy wiring of e-stop box like bajer or custom one like in the video above.

View attachment 413928

View attachment 413929

Thanks
Thanos

Will owners who already have a AMC-AASD15A controller have to pay for an upgraded board? Already spent about $400+ Australian and I purchased the Bajer E-Stop. I don't want to pay that amount again for another one.

Last edited:
Will owners who already have a AMC-AASD15A controller have to pay for an upgraded board? Already spent about $400+ Australian and I purchased the Bajer E-Stop. I don't want to pay that amount again for another one.

The one you have is totally fine. Apart from the ability to change colors on the LCD, there is not much difference and old version boards can still run fine new firmware releases. If really needed the older boards can be actually upgraded with some very basic tools... and craftsmanship.

Last edited:
Finally, took only seven days, SRS is running good on latest beta. Integration with internal commands on AMC-AASD15A for fully access to more automation, is what's next on the list for the following week.

:thumbsup:

My current wheel just broke down, so I am interested in a DD wheel now. I did read your complete first post, it shows a lot of potential. Also from YouTube videos I found that thanos icm with a dd wheel is really good.

What/ where should I buy it? and maybe the most simple question, why should I do this instead of the simucube 2.

Also, I consider it a good starting point for future motion. Is that a valid argument?

My current wheel just broke down, so I am interested in a DD wheel now. I did read your complete first post, it shows a lot of potential. Also from YouTube videos I found that thanos icm with a dd wheel is really good.

What/ where should I buy it? and maybe the most simple question, why should I do this instead of the simucube 2.

Also, I consider it a good starting point for future motion. Is that a valid argument?

I think you are talking about the TDD controller which is different from the AMC-AASD15A controller for motion rigs.

https://www.tindie.com/products/tronicgr/tdd-micro-direct-drive-wheel-controller/

The TDD is plug and play controller for using AASD type 130st flange servomotor instead of the similar Mige motor that simucube uses.

But keep in mind that the TDD uses the old MMOS firmware and its considered DIY, having to source the the servo drive and servomotor yourself and build the wheel rim etc...

Last edited:
Great news for AMC-AASD15A owners:

Sim Racing Studio Version 2.6 is LIVE

V2.6 Release notes:

- Major improvement on motion platform smoothness.
New feature: Smoothing on telemetry input (Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Surge, Sway and TL).
- Joystick and keyboard shortcut to start/stop telemetry capturing
- Fixed arrows up/down behaviour on text boxes.
- Improved AMS2 telemetry connect and disconnect
- Improved telemetry for Euro / American Truck 2
- Support for IL2 non steam version
- YawVR vibration support
- Support for PT-Actuators / Thanos motion platforms
- Added and enhanced over 30 pro-tunings

Great tear down and comparison review of the PT actuators (Monster vs Scorpion) by Barry at Sim Racing Garage :

Barry said he couldn't feel any difference between the Monster and Scorpion actuators

It also looks like the PT Actuator site has pulled the Monsters off their website. The net effect is that the pricing has gone up a pretty good chunk.

Given this is only one of many regular increases in price, it would appear that PT Actuators will reach D-Box pricing in another year or so.

Barry said he couldn't feel any difference between the Monster and Scorpion actuators

It also looks like the PT Actuator site has pulled the Monsters off their website. The net effect is that the pricing has gone up a pretty good chunk.

Given this is only one of many regular increases in price, it would appear that PT Actuators will reach D-Box pricing in another year or so.

Something tells me you couldn't afford the monster actuators either... maybe you should stick to the 12 transducers you have on your rig.

And its true, products advance and gets replaced by newer models. You should know this, unless you still using the same 386sx computer you bought eons ago...

Something tells me you couldn't afford the monster actuators either... maybe you should stick to the 12 transducers you have on your rig.

And its true, products advance and gets replaced by newer models. You should know this, unless you still using the same 386sx computer you bought eons ago...

:) Believe what you want. I have nothing to prove.
( BTW I think you may be confusing me with someone else )

The key to advancing products is that you either maintain multiple price points, when you add a premium line or you add value at a given price point.

If you just "gold plate" a product and raise prices with no noticeable difference in use then you make your product line less desirable.

I don't care if you decide to make a product out of titanium. If it makes no difference to how that product works it is a waste of money.

In terms of my first 386 computer, you are absolutely correct that I've replaced it multiple times but each time I replaced it with something that performed much better than the one before it and usually cost the same or less.

Last edited:
:) Believe what you want. I have nothing to prove.
( BTW I think you may be confusing me with someone else )

The key to advancing products is that you either maintain multiple price points, when you add a premium line or you add value at a given price point.

If you just "gold plate" a product and raise prices with no noticeable difference in use then you make your product line less desirable.

I don't care if you decide to make a product out of titanium. If it makes no difference to how that product works it is a waste of money.

In terms of my first 386 computer, you are absolutely correct that I've replaced it multiple times but each time I replaced it with something that performed much better than the one before it and usually cost the same or less.

Just be cause it feels the same it doesn't mean its not better. The point was to improve its life span and durability without having impact on its performance. This is an accomplishment. And you can see on the video the changes in materials and drive mechanics that are superior than anything else in the market. So... what's your point again? Oh, yeah... you didn't afford to buy them the first place.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 25 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 45 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 51 34.0%