Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Hi Thanos,

can you tell me wich powerplug i need for the controller to test my actuators without hooking the controller to the PC ? Any link maybe ?

Want to test things out, just before building my rig further.

Power it from USB, ignore the power jack. You can use one of these powered USB hubs that have regulated 5v if you dont want to connect to PC:

Power it from USB, ignore the power jack. You can use one of these powered USB hubs that have regulated 5v if you dont want to connect to PC:

Ah ok, did not think about that a powered USB hub would also work.

Thanks for your quick helpings here in general, good job. :cool:

Hi

Today I tested Your controler with last firmware. Everything goes smoothly.

Motors are calibrated, all are in parking mode.

I can control them with buttons on controller.

I also instaled Simtools and do everything like You do in Your settings video for Simtools.

But i can not control them with Simtools Output - Testing method.

I set United States region with english language pack and disable my Antivirus program - without success.

Any tip hot to move forward?

Hi

I also instaled Simtools and do everything like You do in Your settings video for Simtools.

I set United States region with english language pack and disable my Antivirus program - without success.

Try different USB cable and/or connect directly on a USB port on the back of the PC. Make sure a COM port enumerates in the Device Manager.

Also make sure you are not affected by the windows 2004 bug:

Finally, on the Simtools screen with the manual movement bars, make sure to check from the dropdown menu the Axis, not DOF... if you dont know what these mean, please read the Simtools manual. And also make sure to press SAVE on every screen on simtools.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Try different USB cable and/or connect directly on a USB port on the back of the PC. Make sure a COM port enumerates in the Device Manager.

Also make sure you are not affected by the windows 2004 bug:

Finally, on the Simtools screen with the manual movement bars, make sure to check from the dropdown menu the Axis, not DOF... if you dont know what these mean, please read the Simtools manual. And also make sure to press SAVE on every screen on simtools.

Thanks
Thanos

Hi. Thanks for quick reply. I do not know what to do anymore.

I came home, complete unistall my Eset Antivirus, complete unistall Simtools (also delete folders), and install Simtools fresh with administrative rights. I also completely disable my firewall.

I have port:
2020-09-04_20-45-19.jpg

2020-09-04_20-46-20.jpg

I have two interfaces:
2020-09-04_20-45-33.jpg

and

2020-09-04_20-45-42.jpg

First one is from PDF from controler.

I also tried with three different cables and put them to usb direkt to motherboard and on USB hub (powered):

I can not control them through any of two iterfaces but allways choose save before testing:

2020-09-04_20-45-59.jpg

Restarted PC several times.

I did not installed windows 2004 update. I do not have it.

My all USB on PC are USB 3.0.

I am alittle bit without ideas what to do next...

But my beast is waiting :=)

20200904190126065ios.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for quick reply. I do not know what to do anymore.

I came home, complete unistall my Eset Antivirus, complete unistall Simtools (also delete folders), and install Simtools fresh with administrative rights. I also completely disable my firewall.

I have port:
View attachment 403737

View attachment 403739

I have two interfaces:
View attachment 403740

and

View attachment 403741

First one is from PDF from controler.

I also tried with three different cables and put them to usb direkt to motherboard and on USB hub (powered):

I can not control them through any of two iterfaces but allways choose save before testing:

View attachment 403742

Restarted PC several times.

I did not installed windows 2004 update. I do not have it.

My all USB on PC are USB 3.0.

I am alittle bit without ideas what to do next...

But my beast is waiting :=)

20200904190126065ios.jpg

I see... You declared the interface twice and its trying to open the same COM port second time. Just delete the second interface and keep only the first one for the AMC-AASD15A controller...

If you want to use the Axis7 of the controller later, you can define a new axis on interface b on the (b)Axis assignments page where the axis7 is "Axis1b"

If you want to verify connectivity, you can use the AMC config Tool and see it recognizes and connects the the AMC controller:

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Latest_firmware/AMC_Config_tool_1_2.zip

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Hi

I have done all of this:

Delete interface 2:

2020-09-05_8-12-03.jpg

Then I save Interface 1:

2020-09-05_8-11-32.jpg

And tested without success:

2020-09-05_8-13-36.jpg

I also tested with AMC Configuration Tool:

2020-09-05_8-20-39.jpg

Close Port.

Check different USB ports - different cables:

In amC Config tool i get an error (attached) - when i want to Save something:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port is denied.
   at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Close()
   at PCComm.frmMain.cmdClose_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AMC_Config
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Marko/Downloads/AMC_Config_tool_1_2.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks for help!

Attachments

• 2020-09-05_8-12-03.jpg
    2020-09-05_8-12-03.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Im sure this is probably something like a wrong setting but when i try to use the AMC Tool it says unable to retrieve settings. Any idea what i have wrong? It is showing the correct com port in the drop down.

Im sure this is probably something like a wrong setting but when i try to use the AMC Tool it says unable to retrieve settings. Any idea what i have wrong? It is showing the correct com port in the drop down.

Hi,

Check if you have local admin rights on your PC, running as simple user sometimes it doesn't allow programs access to open com ports.

Also make sure you are running correct version AMC tool and correct firmware.

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Beta_Firmware/AMC_Config_tool_1_2.zip

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS...f_AMC_AASD15A_v2_10_beta_fix7_RGB-menufix.zip

Last edited:
Hi,

Check if you have local admin rights on your PC, running as simple user sometimes it doesn't allow programs access to open com ports.

Also make sure you are running correct version AMC tool and correct firmware.

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/blob/master/Beta_Firmware/AMC_Config_tool_1_2.zip

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS...f_AMC_AASD15A_v2_10_beta_fix7_RGB-menufix.zip

Got it working. Thank you. Are there recommended default settings for the fine tuning range and spike level?

Got it working. Thank you. Are there recommended default settings for the fine tuning range and spike level?

I have this document I made as baseline for Barry for iRacing... you can ignore the TL and Surge axis if you don't have them. But as I said before, you will probably need to adjust it to your liking of motion ...

Attachments

• 4DOF_TL_SURGE_iRacing_example_profile_for_Simtools(updated).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hi Thanos,

have selected 140mm stroke (for safety reasons) on my actuators (PT) and then activated the servotest. On the test its all fine, actuators are moving like a charm. But then when i move the actuators over the manual motion buttons, they feel "gearish", like an old gear driven wheelbase, when i touch the profiles of my rig and sometimes one actuator is lifting his foot out of his actuatorcup. Is that normal in "manualmode" ?

Have checked all the motorparameters in the servotrivers, but they are okay. Also have checked wiring, but there is also all ok. Maybe i have to set something in the controller ? Have now resettet the controller and gonnay play with it again, waiting for instructions.

Another one: What i do have to set for emergency button, when having the Bajer E-Stop ?`Is there something special about it ?

Thanks.

Hi Thanos,

have selected 140mm stroke (for safety reasons) on my actuators (PT) and then activated the servotest. On the test its all fine, actuators are moving like a charm. But then when i move the actuators over the manual motion buttons, they feel "gearish", like an old gear driven wheelbase, when i touch the profiles of my rig and sometimes one actuator is lifting his foot out of his actuatorcup. Is that normal in "manualmode" ?

Have checked all the motorparameters in the servotrivers, but they are okay. Also have checked wiring, but there is also all ok. Maybe i have to set something in the controller ? Have now resettet the controller and gonnay play with it again, waiting for instructions.

Another one: What i do have to set for emergency button, when having the Bajer E-Stop ?`Is there something special about it ?

Thanks.

I see. You will have this "vibration" when moving the manually the actuators with the up/down/left/right buttons. This is because the controller uses some approximate positions in manual mode, not the fully 16bit resolution that live motion data from PC uses. Also if you want to eliminate the vibration when your rig goes from online to Standby and Park positions, disable the LCD menu updates, by pushing the DIP switch #1 to OFF position. Note that you wont have access to the lcd user menu unless that DIP switch is set to ON position.

For the Bajer E-stop box, you need to enable DIP switch #2 to ON position, to also enable the led indicator lights on his box.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
I see. You will have this "vibration" when moving the manually the actuators with the up/down/left/right buttons. This is because the controller uses some approximate positions in manual mode, not the fully 16bit resolution that live motion data from PC uses. Also if you want to eliminate the vibration when your rig goes from online to Standby and Park positions, disable the LCD menu updates, by pushing the DIP switch #1 to OFF position. Note that you wont have access to the lcd user menu unless that DIP switch is set to ON position.

For the Bajer E-stop box, you need to enable DIP switch #2 to ON position, to also enable the led indicator lights on his box.

Thanks
Thanos

Big thanks!

Was thinking my E-stop was not ok. Gonna try it as soon im home.

Hi

Just a thought, I was getting disconnects when i first tried sfx 100 with Thanos a few months ago. It all stopped when i wrapped the usb cord around a choke a few times. Maybe emi is causing the issue

Hi Thanos,

somehow my controller dont want to connect and give me motion cues, when moving sliders in the sim-motion Software. I think it has to do something with the COM ports. The controller is assigned to port six, also in the software, but no movements at all.

Also the menu in the AAC config tool is greyed out, when click on the "open port" button.

Also tried a other port, but it is the same problem then. Any thoughts?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.