Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

I had a incompatible USB PCIe board not helping things either. Have a look at this USB card video of my problem. In the end I took it out and plugged the Simucube and Thanos into motherboard I/O panel.

Is there any updated 2.10 firmware fixes out ?

Working on a larger update release but released a quick critical fix yesterday:

-- enc_6dof_AMC_AASD15A_v2_10_beta_fix6.zip
  • fixed issue with jump occuring if Force offline switch is used while online. The actuators now return to online position smoothly.
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AAS...ware/enc_6dof_AMC_AASD15A_v2_10_beta_fix6.zip

Thanks
Thanos

Alright, so I got all my settings in and ready (Thanos is a cool board) to start playing with Sim Tools. I'll reserve my judgement of the software until I get things running properly. But after just dropping 80 usd I'd think the interface would be a little more polished then I go to download Gamedash and Windows is saying it's a serious virus threat. Any thoughts on the virus threat?

Alright, so I got all my settings in and ready (Thanos is a cool board) to start playing with Sim Tools. I'll reserve my judgement of the software until I get things running properly. But after just dropping 80 usd I'd think the interface would be a little more polished then I go to download Gamedash and Windows is saying it's a serious virus threat. Any thoughts on the virus threat?

You don't need antivirus software on the gaming pc... in fact if you can disable the windows defender as well and run simtools as local administrator!!!!. Use antivirus software on your work pc where you browse and get emails etc...

Of course there is no virus, but the code of Simtools can often appear as false positive to many antivirus software.

Thanks
Thanos

Hi
Will your Servo controller work with all aasd controllers?
I have a project with aasd50a controllers and I guess they have the same wiring?

All the best

Hi
Will your Servo controller work with all aasd controllers?
I have a project with aasd50a controllers and I guess they have the same wiring?

All the best

You mean with servo drive like this?
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32963943468.html

AASD-50A servo 130ST-M15025.jpg

Yes. All AASD drives, no matter how big or small are supported plug and play.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Just perfect shipping to Denmark I presume?

The shipping overseas might be a little slower now because of the pandemic. Some orders I shipped to UK and Sweden recently took 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. The customs on many countries are overwhelmed at the moment because of cut back on personnel. I declare packages as low value gift to help speed up the process through customs and seems to help a little bit.

Thanks
Thanos

Just ordered and thank you so much! Now my long awaited project can be a reality...
Yes the pandemic slow things drastically, but I’m in no hurry...just excited about this delicate solution :thumbsup:

Currently I have the SFX100 actuators stroke set to 70mm on AMC-AASD15A. Will this make them slower in reaction times than if I have them set to 100mm? I have the servos Pn51 set to 3000rpm.

Currently I have the SFX100 actuators stroke set to 70mm on AMC-AASD15A. Will this make them slower in reaction times than if I have them set to 100mm? I have the servos Pn51 set to 3000rpm.

The AMC adapts to provide same speed to any stroke used. So it will take same time to complete a full range travel from fully retract to fully extended despite of the stroke length. You can try setting it to 10mm, it will take same time as if you set it to 100mm or 80mm... This is possible because of direct pulse manipulation in the AMC-AASD15A firmware.

Thanks
Thanos

The AMC adapts to provide same speed to any stroke used. So it will take same time to complete a full range travel from fully retract to fully extended despite of the stroke length. You can try setting it to 10mm, it will take same time as if you set it to 100mm or 80mm... This is possible because of direct pulse manipulation in the AMC-AASD15A firmware.

Thanks
Thanos

Thanks for the explanation of the stroke Thanos. That's good implementation provided from the AMC-AASD15A.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea