Testing some settings from my Race 07 research

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
Some images from testing what different lights and materials settings look like in GTR2
I use the HQ Donington as base, just adjusting lights in different ways here.

gtr2temp4.jpg
gtr2temp3.jpg
gtr2temp5.jpg

An AC modding team is working on the same models as you @AndreasFSC :

So after many years of gt3 cars hype, it seems that people have appetite for touring cars again :)

In fact AC has many outstanding qualities but its missing features are a real nightmare sometimes ( It was managed from the start as rather a "Hotlap" game )
- Poor AI and even worse with multiclass races
- Poor collision handling
- bad ( or nearly absent good ) penalty system
- no rolling starts, no pitlimiter
etc ...

Even with its system, RaceRoom is a better choice for all this ( except the same missing points as AC for weather and night + no modding possible).

I have Assetto Corsa and tested it once. Also had some ideas to start making mods for that game, but I realized I just enjoy good old Race 07 and making things for that game too much, so I don't have time for more games. Also have RaceRoom, but I use it about once a year... :roflmao:

An AC modding team is working on the same models as you @AndreasFSC :

So after many years of gt3 cars hype, it seems that people have appetite for touring cars again :)

Yes that is a very detailed mod, but it takes such a long time to make all those cars in that level of detail.
I hope they will finish the cars and not give up.

There are a big interest still in these old cars. There were a lot of people wanting to get the cars when Jimmy Broadbent joined a league that raced a Automobilista conversion of the rfacor conversion of the super touring mod :confused:

But I think GT racing will always have more fans because of the more 'spectacular' cars.

Yes i have the feeling also, that if i "will find" better hardware - PC :
Raceroom is a nice Alternative in 2021, base on the ISI-Moto-from GTR2-Race07-GTREvo etc :).
Its fantastic from the think Swedisch-Team that you can get a Basic Installation for 0,- Money and than you can Buy what you want, this is fair and correct !!
All Others i dislike.
And AC have a lot of nice "Eye-catcher" and Aha 's !!!
But the total Racing - Weekend Feeling seems failure.

For GTR2:
Its a little difficult also if the Software GTR2 is from 2006 - to find a Physic and FFB Style - that you like it,
GTR233 is our "Chief" for this - i prefer as basic the reborn Physic - and test the Updates from GTR233-Package.
And edit a lot for my self.

Yes old means not bad,
or new is better ? - (often the opposite is correct IMO)
AC have potential, AMS2, rF2, but all Software in "Beta-Stadium" and i not pay for beta-Software.
GTR2 is a comprehensive finished Software, with nice Simulation - Features.
My critizese mainly the limited Physics and FFB, that the Reason that we spend a lot of time here in the forum. rF1 was a step forward IMO - and rF2 have so much Parameters and Possiblities that till today nobody - 397 also :) - understand this :) .
My opinion now only served a relaxed, friendly conversation, a great weekend for all from me

Someone here interested in FXA/FXM animation files?

I have spent some time analyzing the fxa and fxm animation files, used for windscreen wipers, and can also be used for animates spectators, pit marshal, pitcrew, flag marshals etc.
Most car moders know how to hex-edit the position of windscreen wiper(s), but I haven't found much more information other than that.

I share what I have found here so others can help and contribute.

The files were exported in "EMotion FX 2 Exporter" by Mystic game development, now owned by Amazon.
It is now part of Lumberyard game development pack, but the file types are not the same any more.
These file types were used a lot in different games, but still I haven't been able to find anything that can edit them.

The fxa files (actor file) contains rig information called nodes and can probably also contain meshes, textures and materials too. But in Race07/GTR2 they are only used for the rig information.
Since I spent some time learning more about hex-editing I thought I should analyze the files more closely.

This is part of the information in an export log (with some coments):

===================================================================
EMotion FX 2 Exporter
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Mystic Game Development. All Rights Reserved.
===================================================================
==========================
Nodes - movable part
- Node: name='Pagani_CPITWIPER1'
+ Parent: Has no parent(root).
+ Position: x=-0.000164 y=0.656332 z=-1.546496 - Position of mesh (pivot point)
+ Rotation: x=-0.228568 y=-0.340660 z=0.048845 w=0.910671 - Rotation before any animation
+ Scale Rotation: x=0.000000 y=0.016106 z=-0.038115 w=0.999144
+ Shear: x=0.000000 y=0.000000 z=0.000000 - Not used/no reason to use here
+ Scale: x=1.000000 y=1.000000 z=1.000000 - Not scaling/no reason to change here

- Node: name='Zonda_Windows1' - Not important here, windows are not animated

+ Position: x=0.000000 y=0.000000 z=0.000000
+ Rotation: x=0.000000 y=0.000000 z=0.000000 w=1.000000
+ Scale Rotation: x=0.000000 y=0.000000 z=0.000000 w=1.000000
+ Shear: x=0.000000 y=0.000000 z=0.000000

+ Scale: x=1.000000 y=1.000000 z=1.000000
Node Limits - limit movements, like bones or hinges, not used here
Materials - Probably not used in Race07
- Material: name = EMFX Default
+ Shader File: fileName=

Meshes - Not included in Race07
Skins - Not included in Race07

An FXA wiper file can look like this (edited with colors and comments by me):

View attachment 463944

The numbers are in float32 format, and I have located the positions/offsets. Only the wiper animation is interesting here.

This is the animation file, and it contains the keyframes, or "animation steps":

View attachment 463947

And analyzed. Only rotation is animated here.
The colorful parts are the keyframes. It seems to be: Rotation X (Pitch) rotation Y (Yaw) rotation Z (roll) animationweight and time (after "||")

View attachment 463946

I plan to continue to analyze more complicated animation files like spectator and pitcrew.

Maybe some editing program can be created and new cool animations can be made.
Would be cool to have some pit mechanic holding out a pit board when cars passing the start finish straight or something like that

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back