Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko!
How can i check if my tool is updated? Is there an integrated way?
The tools work perfect!
Hi,

If you go to 'Help' --> 'About', it shows if there is newer version around.

I could put that to the start-splash-window, but just haven't done it yet. Might do for some future version.

Cheers

Hello. I am Geol Namgung.(Korean)
I downloaded your telemetry tool yesterday.
I think This is amazing tool.
Thanks for your hard work, and I paid a small for it by paypal.

I have one question.(about f1 2021)
I want world record user's telemetey info(braking point, trottle timing).
Is it possible to know these info on your tool.
When I try this on f1 2021 tt mode(oppnent : ghost), I can't find these info on your tool.
If It is possible, please let me know.
and If you can allow, please let me know your personal email for some question.

Very thanks.

Hello. I am Geol Namgung.(Korean)
I downloaded your telemetry tool yesterday.
I think This is amazing tool.
Thanks for your hard work, and I paid a small for it by paypal.

I have one question.(about f1 2021)
I want world record user's telemetey info(braking point, trottle timing).
Is it possible to know these info on your tool.
When I try this on f1 2021 tt mode(oppnent : ghost), I can't find these info on your tool.
If It is possible, please let me know.
and If you can allow, please let me know your personal email for some question.

Very thanks.
I found the solution. Thanks It is amazing for improving driving skill

Hi! I'm posting a lot of questions... Sorry about that.
Does the tool work for spectator mode in F1 2021? In online session.
Should work.

I tested it with one of the early releases, but haven't done much online racing on F1 2021 due to the difficulties on getting into an onlie race.

Cheers.

Should work.

I tested it with one of the early releases, but haven't done much online racing on F1 2021 due to the difficulties on getting into an onlie race.

Cheers.
The telemetry page doesn't show nothing. The driving page shows data instead. (the player i'm spectating have got the same f1 telemetry settings i use, we are not on the same wifi )

The telemetry page doesn't show nothing. The driving page shows data instead. (the player i'm spectating have got the same f1 telemetry settings i use, we are not on the same wifi )
Aah, if you want to see the detailed data from your friend, they need to forward the data to you.

The data received in the spectator mode is pretty limited, and my Tool has not been designed to work to show the telemetry traces from spectated cars, but it can save the data as opponent laps. Showing the real-time traces could be done, but as the data available for the spectators is limited, I haven't done that.

Cheers

Aah, if you want to see the detailed data from your friend, they need to forward the data to you.

The data received in the spectator mode is pretty limited, and my Tool has not been designed to work to show the telemetry traces from spectated cars, but it can save the data as opponent laps. Showing the real-time traces could be done, but as the data available for the spectators is limited, I haven't done that.

Cheers
Ok, thanks. This could be an update ;)

Hi Iko, quick question/suggestion (actually wanted to write this in PM, but whatever) - would it be possible to make an "race event table" or something similar for 2021? I know you already can capture some events triggered in UDP output, but from what I know there's no tool that would purely capture what happened in the race (a.k.a. who got a warning and when, who got a penalty, who served their penalty and so on). As I currently help manage a league it can be sometimes difficult when you don't capture a full list of incidents (or just forget to check that) so I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to extend the application with something like this. Hopefully I was clear enough with what I wanted to say. (If I had any understanding and proper coding experience I would make something like that myself, but alas...)

Hi there,

I have tried to use this as a spectator but it doesn't appear to use the driver_ids.csv for me.

I connect to an online race and I have updated the file but it still shows incorrect data.

I have also copied the file to the folder that has the telemetry.jar but that also does not appear to work.

I have skimmed through some of your tutorials but I can't find the solution so far.

Any tips?

Edit: also, the fastest laps sometimes appear 1 thousandth off the the actual time that the game displays. Any reason this is happening?

Last edited:
Hi Iko, quick question/suggestion (actually wanted to write this in PM, but whatever) - would it be possible to make an "race event table" or something similar for 2021? I know you already can capture some events triggered in UDP output, but from what I know there's no tool that would purely capture what happened in the race (a.k.a. who got a warning and when, who got a penalty, who served their penalty and so on). As I currently help manage a league it can be sometimes difficult when you don't capture a full list of incidents (or just forget to check that) so I just wanted to ask if it would be possible to extend the application with something like this. Hopefully I was clear enough with what I wanted to say. (If I had any understanding and proper coding experience I would make something like that myself, but alas...)
If you have made donation, then you will have access to the 'GameSpecific' tab, which has all events listed for F1 2021. Also in the upcoming 11.4 I will enable the button (which has been there in dev version for quite some time) to save the race events to a .csv file for later viewing.

I see these 'league features' something, that I will keep adding to the licensed version, i.e. accessible to people who have made the donations, as I think in the league users should be able to make small donations to support the work and it is still not taking anything away from racers just wanting to get faster/better.

Cheers.

If you have made donation, then you will have access to the 'GameSpecific' tab, which has all events listed for F1 2021. Also in the upcoming 11.4 I will enable the button (which has been there in dev version for quite some time) to save the race events to a .csv file for later viewing.

I see these 'league features' something, that I will keep adding to the licensed version, i.e. accessible to people who have made the donations, as I think in the league users should be able to make small donations to support the work and it is still not taking anything away from racers just wanting to get faster/better.

Cheers.
Ah, I didn't know that, thanks for the information! Going to do that now.

Hi there,

I have tried to use this as a spectator but it doesn't appear to use the driver_ids.csv for me.

I connect to an online race and I have updated the file but it still shows incorrect data.

I have also copied the file to the folder that has the telemetry.jar but that also does not appear to work.

I have skimmed through some of your tutorials but I can't find the solution so far.

Any tips?

Edit: also, the fastest laps sometimes appear 1 thousandth off the the actual time that the game displays. Any reason this is happening?
I will need to test the driver_ids.csv stuff for spectating. The issue there is that it seems to be pretty hard to find an online session one can join.

For the laptimes, the issue is that the laptimes get reported as milliseconds (integers). For codemasters "internal reasons", they do a conversion from floats to integer for the laptime, before reporting the time, thus occasionally this causes a rounding error in the UDP feed. We asked them to fix this during the beta, but it was never fixed properly. I know I could do more work on calculating the sectortimes from the "lap history data" and comparing them to the reported laptime and if one is wrong, use the sector times sum. But it is quite big hassle for a minor work around.

Cheers

Hello Iko and thanks for such a wonderful tool, already gotten quicker.
I'm experiencing some trouble with the map in that it only shows my blue lap but not the ideal line, track bounds or red line. Any idea how to fix?

Hello Iko and thanks for such a wonderful tool, already gotten quicker.
I'm experiencing some trouble with the map in that it only shows my blue lap but not the ideal line, track bounds or red line. Any idea how to fix?
Few reasons:
1) You have edited the RED and BLUE line colors to blend into the background
2) The check box is not checked.
3) The map trace lines are too thin
4) There is no RED or BLUE lap loaded ;-)

If you have the laps loaded, easiest way to remedy the visual situation is to go to 'Settings' -> 'Map and UI colors'. There first test the "'Racinglines' width" setting. Making the lines thicker should make the lines easier to see. Keep in mind that the racingline width depends also on the zoom level, so if you zoom in and the lines "disappear", you can make the thicker to make them more visible.

You can also try the different preset colors to see, if the makes the RED/BLUE easier to see.

Cheers.

Hello, is there a possibility something could be implemented whereby a file can be updated to reflect the the car number to name relationship of cars for the 'opponent stats' and 'race timings' for F1 2021? So when car number 1 is loaded, the name is replaced by the name in the file?

Thank you

Hello, is there a possibility something could be implemented whereby a file can be updated to reflect the the car number to name relationship of cars for the 'opponent stats' and 'race timings' for F1 2021? So when car number 1 is loaded, the name is replaced by the name in the file?

Thank you
There is the 'Settings' --> 'Save RaceNum-Name map file',

If you create that file, then you edit it and set, which Driver name is used for the driver e.g. for car with race number 1. The file will be in the Settings directory.

Cheers.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 34 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 57.9%