Resource icon

Apps Telemetry Tool for AC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you so much for a great program! I use it to transmit telemetry to my Thrustmaster SF-1000 steering wheel. There is a request - in the next updates, is it possible to transmit to telemetry also information about the time from the rider in front and the time from the rider behind? So that you can see it on the screen of the steering wheel itself? Well, and also there to transmit information about the battery discharge to the ERS mode in formulas, in LMP.

Thank you so much for a great program! I use it to transmit telemetry to my Thrustmaster SF-1000 steering wheel. There is a request - in the next updates, is it possible to transmit to telemetry also information about the time from the rider in front and the time from the rider behind? So that you can see it on the screen of the steering wheel itself? Well, and also there to transmit information about the battery discharge to the ERS mode in formulas, in LMP.
The delta to back and front is not available on this workaround, sadly. The reason is that the tool fools the SF1000 by sending the AC data in F1 2020 format. In the UDP format there was no delta-to-front or delta-to-back data, thus this workaround cannot add that data.

I can check, if I can get the battery levels data tweaked in a way that they can be shown in the SF1000. Can you give me a link to a (mod?) car in AC, which has the battery, so I can test the values to see, what can be done.

Cheers.

Hey there, thanks for this App, it's been incredible to use.
Is it possible to link it into a dedicated server or does the data need to come from a driver?

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AC

Hello,

V13 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Notable AC related changes are:
  • New TelemetryToolPlugin. Adds bit more data and should hopefully be the final version of the plugin.
  • Added option to 'invalidate' the lap, if the game reports track-cut. This is in 'Settings -> AC Settings'
  • Added first version of tyre type/color info into the relevant...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AC

Version 13.1 is here

Notable changes
  • Many fixes to the multicar data system for F1 2018-F1 23, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, R3E and rF2. Now it is in state, it should have been at 13.0 release.
  • Many F1 23 related fixes and new data usages, where feasible.
  • Fixed issue, where it was not possible to loaded from multilap telemetry the loaded multilaps into Statstistics Table. At the same time enabled opponent laps loading to multilap telemetry.
  • Fixes to the 'BLUE Line: Fastest...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great tool, but I struggle to understand what it is that I need to do to create a track map? I went through AC Help and tried to follow but I got lost really quickly and I am not sure what I need to do?

It said something about a setting file but I can't find it and IDK which one I am meant to go into in the menus to set the track map recording.

Great tool, but I struggle to understand what it is that I need to do to create a track map? I went through AC Help and tried to follow but I got lost really quickly and I am not sure what I need to do?

It said something about a setting file but I can't find it and IDK which one I am meant to go into in the menus to set the track map recording.
Here is how you do it.

Setup
First you have to enable the track-map saving. To do this for AC, you do it like this:
1) Open windows File Explorer into the directory, where you have your Telemetry Tool data. (If you don't know, where the data resides, you can find the location from the Tool at 'Settings -> Base Settings'.
2) go with File Explorer to settings\ac
3) Open the settings.xml file (with notepad or notepad++ or any other text editor
4) in that file change the 'save_track_files' to true, like below
<!-- Save file containing just the line driven -->
<entry key="save_track_files">true</entry>
5) save the file and start Telemetry Tool in AC mode and start AC. Make sure at least the shmem is active, but preferably also the Plugin is on. You could check, the track files saving is on by going to the 'Telemetry' tab and pressing CTRL- I (I for Info). This will show info about the Tool and at the bottom half there should be test "Saving trackfiles: TRUE', if the settings is on
6) Drive out of the carage and drive one full lap, i..e not outlap, but full lap where you go through the start-finish line and end the lap also there. Now you can go and check the <TelemetryTool data dir>\tracks\ac
There should be files like acu_istanbul_park__trackfile.track46_765146900
This is the file for driven line for for Instanbul park (track name 'acu_istanbul_park_'). The end part 46_765146900 is just to distinct different files, so they don't get overwritten, when you drive more laps.

Creating the map
So if we are this far and you have gotten the first "trackline" file, now it is time to start making the trackmap. This is how I do it:
L1 - Drive out of pits
L2 Drive on the "outer limit" of the track keeping 2 tires on tarmac, 2 tires outside of track, trying to keep the track line in the middle of the car. (The file created on L2 is renamed <track name>_outerlimit.track: E.g. acu_istanbul_park__trackfile.track46_765146900 would be renamed to 'acu_istanbul_park__outerlimit.track'
L3 Drive fast lap
L4 Drive on the centerline of the track. (The file created on L4 is renamed <track name>_centerline.track)
L5 Drive fast lap
L6 Drive the 'optimal' or 'racing' line on and follow it accurately. (The file created on L6 is renamed <track name>_racingline.track)
L7 Another fast lap
L8 Drive on the inner limit of the track, keeping 2 tires on tarmac, 2 tires outside of track. (The file created on L8 is renamed <track name>_innerlimit.track)

You could do just L2 and L8 to have simple track map. Centerline is used on some places to reduce the load, .e.g in Comparison and for the trackmap on the Telemetry. Racingline is shown on the Map and is quite handy to see how close you are to the optimal line.

If you really want to creater proper map with pitlane and boundaries, then you continue
L9 again fast lap
L10 drive on the "outer boundary of the track area". This file is renamed '<trackname>_boundaries.track'
L11 again a fast lap
L12 drive on the inner boundary of the track area. this file is renamed as <trackname>_inner_boundaries.track
Now we can create a pitlane by
L13 drive into the pits, follow a line there, then L14 do outlap + inlap and follow the same line. Now rename the trackfile from L14 to <trackname>_pitlane.track. You can open the file in notepad/notepad++/<any text editor> and move the first sector data to the end of the file and remove the 2nd sector data. Now you will have a bit nicer pitlane on the map. I normally edit the pitlane to be as small file as possible, i.e. removing parts from the start and end.

Too much work?
So it is bit laborous to do the "full map", but if you just do the basic trackmap with 2 lines, you need to driver 4 laps (in above example L1,L2,L7&L8), rename the files and you are good to go.

And even simpler is to just do the centerline, then you do just the L4 from above. IF there is only the <trackname>_centerline.track, then the Tool will use the in all places. And the Tool will automatically use fastest lap's racing line as trackmap, if there is not trackmaps available.

And for the full track map it takes 14 laps. (And now you know, why I haven't done this for Nordschleife).

And to be able to "redo your work", you might turn on the debug_feed, so you can later rerun the creation, if there is need for that.

You can PM me, if you have any questions.

Cheers

Hi all. I got an error when I wanted to transfer asset telemetry to Corsa from one PC to another. When runWin.bat is found, a window crashes with the following text: Failed to create directory C:\Users\Using 127.0.0.1:9995

Hi all. I got an error when I wanted to transfer asset telemetry to Corsa from one PC to another. When runWin.bat is found, a window crashes with the following text: Failed to create directory C:\Users\Using 127.0.0.1:9995
Hmm, how did you do the transfer?

"Portable installation"
If you have a "portable" installation, i.e. the data is all on the install directory , then you just copy the whole install directory to a new place . (You can find the location of the data via menu 'Settings -> Base Settings'. Please note, that on Windows you cannot have "portable" installation under Program files, as then the tool cannot save e.g. settings. So for "portable" installation, use e.g. C:\bin\ŢelemetryTool or something like that.

"Windows style install"
As the Tool is trying to create the "C:\users", most likely you are using the "At your home director as "Telemetry_for_RaceSims" option or something like that.

So if you have installed the Tool on Program files, and want to move the data to new location, then open the Telemetry Tool first, check the location of the data (Settings --> Base Settings). Now set in the dialog the data location to new place, check the 'At a directory somewhere else'. This will open dialog, where you can create the needed directory. Now restart the Tool and copy the data from the old location to the new location. You should now have access to the data from the new location.

Moving to new computer
So depending bit on your type of install, with the "Portable install", you just copy the files.
With "Windows Style install", you first install the tool on the new computer into Program files, then you set the data location (Settings --> Base Settings) and then move your data to that location.

Cheers

Hmm, how did you do the transfer?

"Portable installation"
If you have a "portable" installation, i.e. the data is all on the install directory , then you just copy the whole install directory to a new place . (You can find the location of the data via menu 'Settings -> Base Settings'. Please note, that on Windows you cannot have "portable" installation under Program files, as then the tool cannot save e.g. settings. So for "portable" installation, use e.g. C:\bin\ŢelemetryTool or something like that.

"Windows style install"
As the Tool is trying to create the "C:\users", most likely you are using the "At your home director as "Telemetry_for_RaceSims" option or something like that.

So if you have installed the Tool on Program files, and want to move the data to new location, then open the Telemetry Tool first, check the location of the data (Settings --> Base Settings). Now set in the dialog the data location to new place, check the 'At a directory somewhere else'. This will open dialog, where you can create the needed directory. Now restart the Tool and copy the data from the old location to the new location. You should now have access to the data from the new location.

Moving to new computer
So depending bit on your type of install, with the "Portable install", you just copy the files.
With "Windows Style install", you first install the tool on the new computer into Program files, then you set the data location (Settings --> Base Settings) and then move your data to that location.

Cheers
thanks for replying.
i will try to say all i did:
1) i downloaded the telemetry tool,
2) i unziped the archive into the Racingtelemetry folder in the program files folder. I got the path C:\Program Files\RacingTelemetry
3) i doubleclicked on the runWin.bat
after that 2 windows appeared
one of them my screenshot

Could it be because the username is written in Cyrillic?

Attachments

• photo_2023-07-05_14-08-49 (3).jpg
    photo_2023-07-05_14-08-49 (3).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
thanks for replying.
i will try to say all i did:
1) i downloaded the telemetry tool,
2) i unziped the archive into the Racingtelemetry folder in the program files folder. I got the path C:\Program Files\RacingTelemetry
3) i doubleclicked on the runWin.bat
after that 2 windows appeared
one of them my screenshot

Could it be because the username is written in Cyrillic?
Hi,

Could be, and most likely that is the reason.

This error comes from the relay, as it cannot create the directory in %appdata% for the relay's settings, as that is also under the \users directory, thus there are the same cyrillic letters in the path. I will need to check, if I can do some fixes on the relay's code.

A short term solution would be to put on the same directory with the AC relay a file named 'relay_settings.ini'
and then past to it these lines (between the =======================:
=================================
# ip address (where to send data)
# UDP port (where to send data)
# mode (how much data to send)
# Verbose (how much data print on relay screen)
# sleep (delay between waiting for packets)
=================================
This way the relay will send data to localhost (127.0.0.1:9995) and send all data with little sleep. (only drawback is that if you need to change the port settings, and you change them in the Tool, you have to also edit this file.).

Cheers.

Hi Iko,
your tool is really useful and works perfectly, but I have a problem with my sf1000 wheel in AC. I cant manage to figure why it doesnt record the lap times on my sf1000 wheel. The time just keeps going when I pass the start finish line, with no lap being recorded.

Hi Iko,
your tool is really useful and works perfectly, but I have a problem with my sf1000 wheel in AC. I cant manage to figure why it doesnt record the lap times on my sf1000 wheel. The time just keeps going when I pass the start finish line, with no lap being recorded.
Does this happen on all tracks or only on some tracks.
Does this happen on all game modes, i.e. P,Q and R? What if you drive multiple laps?
Are you on PC or on console?
Are you getting data from SHMEM and plugin?

Cheers.

Hello, i have a small problem with the sf1000 in AC.
When i used the pitlimiter and the switch him off, the rev lights will keep flashing, they dont go back to normal mode. But this is not on all servers, on some server there is no problem.
All the other things work fine, great tool!
Thx if you can help.

Does this happen on all tracks or only on some tracks.
Does this happen on all game modes, i.e. P,Q and R? What if you drive multiple laps?
Are you on PC or on console?
Are you getting data from SHMEM and plugin?

Cheers.
Hi Iko,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I play in Pc and this problem happens on all game modes. In relation to the data from SHMEM and plugin, I'll show you a screenshot of the info that the telemetry tool prints.

Captura.PNG

I unzipped the plugin through the AC content manager and I changed the UDP Port in the .ini file, but it seems that the plugin is not running. Can that be the problem?

Cheers.

Last edited:
hello, so i set up everything correctly for my sf1000 and the tool is connected to ac and im getting info from ac the only problem is that its not connected to my wheel ip and the port and internet is all the same message me on discord please for any help chubbygamer___ or just reply here any help is appreciated

Hello, i have a small problem with the sf1000 in AC.
When i used the pitlimiter and the switch him off, the rev lights will keep flashing, they dont go back to normal mode. But this is not on all servers, on some server there is no problem.
All the other things work fine, great tool!
Thx if you can help.
This is because there is no data if the pit limiter is on or off. With AC the flashing happens, when you are in the pitlane.

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea