Resource icon

Apps Telemetry Tool for AC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I play in Pc and this problem happens on all game modes. In relation to the data from SHMEM and plugin, I'll show you a screenshot of the info that the telemetry tool prints.

View attachment 688268
I unzipped the plugin through the AC content manager and I changed the UDP Port in the .ini file, but it seems that the plugin is not running. Can that be the problem?

Cheers.
You should have the plugin running too. If there is no plugin, e.g. multi-car data is not working.

Cheers.

Hi,
I have the SF1000 and your telemetry works well. Except the fact that the display is always lagging behind between 0.5 and 5 seconds late. How can I change it ? WIFI strength is at 90% and stable, yet the display always lags behind usin,g UDP. Data rate to high

Oh and, second thing, after completing a lap, my lap time goes on ( for example I did a lap in 2mn04, the game resets timer to 00:00 after the starting line, but the telemetry continues and o****s past 2mn04 )

Hi,
I have the SF1000 and your telemetry works well. Except the fact that the display is always lagging behind between 0.5 and 5 seconds late. How can I change it ? WIFI strength is at 90% and stable, yet the display always lags behind usin,g UDP. Data rate to high
Hi, if the data is lagging on the wheel, reduce the frequency of the UDP forward.

For the timer going on after the lap, please let me know which track and car combo you used. I have seen that at least on some mod maps there can be issues on the timing side.

Cheers.

Hello, first thing first, you did a great job here, thank you.
I'm using the tool mainly for my Thrustmaster sf1000, but I have some problems with data.
I receive partial data from ac, for example sector are not visible in the display and I also miss some data in the app. I also notice this error in the Python debug section of ac:

1697722440036.png

I have good expercience with python. I can help. Let me know :)

Hello, first thing first, you did a great job here, thank you.
I'm using the tool mainly for my Thrustmaster sf1000, but I have some problems with data.
I receive partial data from ac, for example sector are not visible in the display and I also miss some data in the app. I also notice this error in the Python debug section of ac:

View attachment 701812
I have good expercience with python. I can help. Let me know :) if have any fixes to the plugin, they are more than welcome.
I have just little bit Python experience and can look at the code too, If you have any fixes to the plugin, they are more than welcome.

Some of the data is actually not coming through to SF1000 due to the fact, that my Tool sends the AC data in the F1 2020 format and in the wheel not all data is taken into account for the data display. I just noticed, the new firmware of SF1000 can also accept F1 23 format and I am in process of adding that too as an option for the UDP forward to see, if that fixes some of those issues, like the missing personal/session best data. I hope it would fix some of the issues, but we will only know, when the system is up and working.

Cheers

I have just little bit Python experience and can look at the code too, If you have any fixes to the plugin, they are more than welcome.

Some of the data is actually not coming through to SF1000 due to the fact, that my Tool sends the AC data in the F1 2020 format and in the wheel not all data is taken into account for the data display. I just noticed, the new firmware of SF1000 can also accept F1 23 format and I am in process of adding that too as an option for the UDP forward to see, if that fixes some of those issues, like the missing personal/session best data. I hope it would fix some of the issues, but we will only know, when the system is up and working.

Cheers
I'm working on it, and I also noticed that with the plugin active there are some occasional lag in the game!

Cheers
Solved! There were some problems with the byte serialization and console logging. We should integrate the fix. However, I honestly believe that making this project open source with a repository on Git Hub would be really beneficial for both the project and the community.

Last edited:
Hi,
hi, how did you make it working? Tutorial doesn't work. Are you using Content Manager & CSP or Assetto Corsa Launcher? thanks

hi, can't get the tool to work. Should the tool create folders in my user's AppData/Roaming folder? Cuase it doesn't create any. Also where I chose the folder (the Telemetry_for_RaceSims) to be put, the folder isn't there. I managed to make the tool work with rFactor 2 after many tries, but with AC doesn't want to work. Also in the AC_SharedMemory_Relay_X64.exe prompt, all the data is the same as in the tool's AC settings, except for the UDP port which is 9996 and can't be modified. In the prompt window it says us reading data from relay_settings.ini in AC_SharedMemory_Relay folder in my AppData/Roaming folder, but I don't such folder.
Do the tool works with Content Manager and CSP or I need to use the AC launcher for it to work? thanks

Simple install is here for AC

1) Unzip the tool somewhere in your system (under C:\Program Files or e.g. C:\bin\). Then start the Telemetry Tool once with the runWin.bat, in the launcher select AC + the relay. This will start the Tool, ask for the location of the data and the relay will create the needed directories. There is no need to change ports or stuff, unless you really know what you are doing.
Close the Tool and the relay so all settings are saved.
2) From the Telemetry Tool's install dir, take the Telemetry_tool_plugin.zip (in bin\ac_relay) directory. You can unzip it to AC's install directory or you can use the Content Manager to put the plugin in place.
3) Now start AC and you can press the 'HOME' key to see, the plugin is up and running.
4) If plugin is working, start the Telemetry Tool again with the relay.
5) IF all is done correctly, you should receive the data. E.g. in the Driving pane you should see things moving.

Cheers.

Hi, if the data is lagging on the wheel, reduce the frequency of the UDP forward.

For the timer going on after the lap, please let me know which track and car combo you used. I have seen that at least on some mod maps there can be issues on the timing side.

Cheers.
I strongly suggest allowing downloads of older versions of the software. Some of us ONLY need the feature to see data on the SF1000 wheel and there is no way to download versions 12.2 and earlier which is where it worked flawlessly with the wheel.

I will give you money I really do not mind but there NEEDS to be a way to download these older versions to at least see if it fixes the issue for us who use the software for one purpose only. Please give a link to versions 12.2 and earlier it would be a great help.

I strongly suggest allowing downloads of older versions of the software. Some of us ONLY need the feature to see data on the SF1000 wheel and there is no way to download versions 12.2 and earlier which is where it worked flawlessly with the wheel.

I will give you money I really do not mind but there NEEDS to be a way to download these older versions to at least see if it fixes the issue for us who use the software for one purpose only. Please give a link to versions 12.2 and earlier it would be a great help.
There is now a release candidate for Tool version 13.2, which I think fixes the performance issues on the redirect. If you want to give it a go, please PM me.

I remove the older versions, as they contain issues, which have fixed and I don't want people to use them.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AC

Version 13.2 is here.

AC related changes:
  • Added OMI Profile to Driving
Notable changes.
  • AMS2 new tracks/cars data + plenty of AMS2 related additions/tweaks/fixes
  • F1 23, fixes to some trackmaps + new Singapore trackmap
  • Added preliminary EA WRC support
  • Added OMI profile to AMS2/PC2+ also for AC, R3E and rF2
  • Added alerts to show an alert on UI, if some value, e.g. tyre pressure lower/higher than set "alert level".
  • Fuel use estimate improvements...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I confirm, I downloaded it just now, I got Telemetry_v13.1_with_JRE.zip but there is not any runWinAC.bat as it is written in the description. Can anyone help ?
Just run the runWin.bat. Then select from the launcher AC and make sure the Relay is checked.

For install help, see

And there is now new 13.2 just released. So I recommend you download it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Dear sir thank you for this software works great but sorry can i ask a question.
When it asks for the location of the data file ... where would that be ?

Go to 'Settings -> base Settings' and you will see there, where they are in your system. Normally either in the '<install dir>/lapdata' or in "data-dir". This depends bit on where you installed the Tool, because on Windows if you put the Tool to 'program files', the data will be somewhere else.

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea