Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 9.3c

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think my translation was wrong, sorry. Is not UDP transmission but UDP Broadcast. Set it to No.

Yeah, it should be set to no.

Are you sure there is connection from the XBox to the PC, and there is no firewall blocking traffic to the PC? Can you e.g. ping the XBox or listen music from the XBox on your PC? You might need to enable/allow connections to your PC from the home LAN in the PC's firewall. Sometimes the firewalls (like Windows firewall) might block the connectivity, so you need to create special rule to let the Telemetry tool to receive connections from outside.

And you could test the Telemetry tools install + connectivity with the apps.Feed (see the ReadMe.txt for how to test the app is working correctly).

Edit:
And I would set the frequency to 20, not 60. Test first with 20 and if it works with that, then just up the frequency. I use 30 in my development, but also 20 and 60 work at least when running the tool on same computer as the game.

Cheers

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry application for F1 2019, Project Cars 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0

Hello,

Updated version.

Key changes
  • Big changes to the track data system. Added track drop down also for DiRT Rally 2.0 and Project Cars 2
  • Telemetry graphs: Added suspension movement data
  • XY Plotter: Added zero and min/max lines to some data, like suspension position
  • All DiRT Rally tracks, including Wales, have now track map (or at least premade racing line)
  • Many Project Cars 2 related fixes, like for races with refueling, the fuel use is calculated correctly. Also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, great app! Although I have a problem. I installed the app on windows, and the first time everything was allright, the I closed the app. However, the second time I wanted to run the app, it didn't open. I tried running the bat file several times but it didn't work and when I run the app as an administrator a messages appers which says that the bin/win/bin/javaw.exe couldn't be found. I also tried running the javaw app as a shortcut in my desktop but I had the same result. Hope you can help me.
Thanks

Hi, great app! Although I have a problem. I installed the app on windows, and the first time everything was allright, the I closed the app. However, the second time I wanted to run the app, it didn't open. I tried running the bat file several times but it didn't work and when I run the app as an administrator a messages appers which says that the bin/win/bin/javaw.exe couldn't be found. I also tried running the javaw app as a shortcut in my desktop but I had the same result. Hope you can help me.
Thanks

What happens, if you open command prompt and go to the install directory (where you have Telemetry.jar file) and type "bin\win\bin\java -version". This should show the java version in that directory. If you get something else, then replace the bin directory from the .zip. Maybe the files are corrupted or something.

If you got the java version data, then if you type "bin\win\bin\java -jar Telemetry.jar" from the install directory, do you get any errors or does that tool start? If it starts, you can try "bin\win\bin\javaw -jar Telemetry.jar".

If that does not help, try to do a fresh install first to another directory. Maybe the java part or the runWin.bat has been blocked by your firewall or virus scanner. I have had that happen to me few times.

Cheers

Hi, i have the same problem of Raoul Torri but i play F1 2019 on PC.
When i try to use the tool nothing appears.
I tried to check my settings, my firewall.
I also tried to use the test write in ReadMe.
When i use it, nothing happen if i choose F1 2019, but if i choose F1 2018 the tool change game and show some informations.

I don't know what to do.

My game settings are
Telemetry Options.png

I also tried to change the UDP Broadcast Mode to Off and set the ip to 127.0.0.1 and my internal ip 192.***.***.*** but the result is the same.

I also checked for Ghost settings:
Ghost Options.png

My setting of Tool are:
Telemetry Tool Options.png

Hey Iko,

For a quick bit of background, I mainly use this telemetry app for our F1 competitions.

Now we have a feature we'd love to see added, and if you're open to it I'd even be willing to donate more to see it added.

In short, we'd love the ability to have a file where we could set "Name Overrides" so for example if "Barry" is "Merc_1" in the file you could set "whenever 'Merc_1' is read show 'Barry' instead".

Now if this is already possible and we've just ignorantly missed it then please let me know, otherwise as I said we'd all love to see it added, so please let me know.

Cheers, Dylan!

Great App! But there is too much data! I don't even know what to look at to improve my laptimes or change my setup. It would be great to have a coach option. Input suggestions, and etc...

Hi, i have the same problem of Raoul Torri but i play F1 2019 on PC.
When i try to use the tool nothing appears.
I tried to check my settings, my firewall.
I also tried to use the test write in ReadMe.
When i use it, nothing happen if i choose F1 2019, but if i choose F1 2018 the tool change game and show some informations.

I don't know what to do.

My game settings are View attachment 317730
I also tried to change the UDP Broadcast Mode to Off and set the ip to 127.0.0.1 and my internal ip 192.***.***.*** but the result is the same.

I also checked for Ghost settings:View attachment 317731
My setting of Tool are:View attachment 317732

Hmm. Does this happen also with the 9.0 version?
I am in the middle of moving back to Europe and will have access to my tools only in early September so cannot really help at the moment. When I have my tools up I will dive into this. It seems that there are some issues with the fed detection. My guess is that the 9.0 version should still be ok.

Cheers

Hey Iko,

For a quick bit of background, I mainly use this telemetry app for our F1 competitions.

Now we have a feature we'd love to see added, and if you're open to it I'd even be willing to donate more to see it added.

In short, we'd love the ability to have a file where we could set "Name Overrides" so for example if "Barry" is "Merc_1" in the file you could set "whenever 'Merc_1' is read show 'Barry' instead".

Now if this is already possible and we've just ignorantly missed it then please let me know, otherwise as I said we'd all love to see it added, so please let me know.

Cheers, Dylan!

The game does not anymore provide way to permanently distinct the drivers between diffferent sessions. So it will be hard to do the kind of system you would need. If codemastees change the system and allow players send their names on multiplayer, then we can get the names back inmy tools too.

Cheers

Ps. As said previously, I am in the middle of a move back to Europe and it will take few more weeks before I have access to all my stuff and can do more work on the tool.

Hi! Is it possible to use it with Xbox? Mega work by you anyway! You are Amazing!
Edit: I tried but to follow your instructions but it doesn't work… the application cannot receive the data from the game… any possible solution? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello Iko,

i have problem playing online because i cannot see the opponents driver's NAME. What can I change to see the correct names?

In 2018 they were correct...

Hi! Is it possible to use it with Xbox? Mega work by you anyway! You are Amazing!
Edit: I tried but to follow your instructions but it doesn't work… the application cannot receive the data from the game… any possible solution? Thanks!

Should work with Xbox too. Just need to set the tools IP address inthe gane Telemetry options.
See the instructions for PS4 from the earlier messages and the readme.txt

Cheers

Hello Iko,

i have problem playing online because i cannot see the opponents driver's NAME. What can I change to see the correct names?

In 2018 they were correct...

With F1 2019 the names don't work anymore. Codemasters disabled that with promise, they might bring the names back to the feed . In Time Trial the ghost has the name, though.

Cheers.

The game does not anymore provide way to permanently distinct the drivers between diffferent sessions. So it will be hard to do the kind of system you would need. If codemastees change the system and allow players send their names on multiplayer, then we can get the names back inmy tools too.

Cheers

Ps. As said previously, I am in the middle of a move back to Europe and it will take few more weeks before I have access to all my stuff and can do more work on the tool.

Hey Iko, I think perhaps I wasn’t completely clear with what I was meaning. You see for our competitions we always use the same drivers car e.g. I’m always Ricciardo - so given that we’d know exactly which car to replace the name of surely there’d be a way of doing a quick manual override of the names?

I’m sorry if I come across as rude, I just believe that theoretically based on my experience with Java this should be possible and thus I wanted to ensure you understood what I had actually meant.

Also I didn’t think the names were ever sent on console?

Yeah that’s all good mate, hopefully the move goes well for you!

Cheers, Dylan

Hey Iko, I think perhaps I wasn’t completely clear with what I was meaning. You see for our competitions we always use the same drivers car e.g. I’m always Ricciardo - so given that we’d know exactly which car to replace the name of surely there’d be a way of doing a quick manual override of the names?

I’m sorry if I come across as rude, I just believe that theoretically based on my experience with Java this should be possible and thus I wanted to ensure you understood what I had actually meant.

Also I didn’t think the names were ever sent on console?

Yeah that’s all good mate, hopefully the move goes well for you!

Cheers, Dylan

If you always use same drivers, i.e. e.g. you are always Ricciardo, you can edit the names.

First start the tool, in the tools/settings menu select save driver_ids.txt.
This saves the driver name list as driver_ids.csv file to settings directory.
Then you can edit the names in that file and the tool will be using those names in the map etc.

Cheers

Hi
I'm still having problems. I have downloaded the 9.1 Version. Windows Firewall is not blocking the Telemetry tool, and I tried the Feed tester. A lot of packages sent but no response from the Tool, nothing happens.
On F1 2019 the settings are:
UDP Telemetry: Yes
UDP Broadcast: No
IP Adress: 192.***.*.***
UDP Port: 20777
UDP Frequence: 30Hz (Tried 20Hz and doesn't work too)
UDP Format: 2019
Your Telemetry: Restricted (doesn't work with " Public " too)

This app looks really nice! Does anyone know if it's possible to use with F1 2017?
Hi, there is the 6.2, which works for F1 2017, https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-application.16862/

The data changed quite a bit from F1 2017 to F1 2018, so I did not keep the support for F1 2017. In my private test version there is very rough version for the "legacy data feed", i.e. F1 2017, but I haven't spent enough time testing it to make sure it works properly.

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea