Team ORSM

Hi Guys,
Im back home so should have the missing windows finished real soon.
if anyone has looked at the ones i done so far are they good enough Quality?
I haven't bothered looking at many. The ones I did look at are just redone from the old ones I sent to you. They all need to be rebuilt! I sent you 3 or 4 versions of Helvetica Font to use, their all using Arial font ATM.

djr Bathurst for one have a sponsor logo on the headlights. This is not there, the lights are clear like the rest of the season.
Yes, to just do the windows means a lot of research, no different to the liveries themselves.

Garry Rogers Motorsport 05' done
rFactor2014-05-2517-24-08-06.jpg

rFactor2014-05-2517-23-37-44.jpg

Looking good. Though I would make the Holden emblem on the sides a little smaller. That way they wont be over that crease line. Things tend to distort. I don't think the real ones are that big also.
Apart from that it looks really good.

Logos fixed :)
The old models are a bit trickier to get looking right. When I did the HSVDT cars, it was a nightmare to get the Bridgestone logos on the front guards looking right as the model was distorting them quite badly. Next I'll do Team BOC but won't be till next weekend.

Yeah, on the Holdens the cure of the fenders tend to stretch what you put on it. As long as you don't cross that cure line you can just squeeze it down so the stretch is counter out. The same on the rear bumper, it stretches things long ways. This can also be fixed. Just takes a little time and effort to get it looking right.
The Ford has it own set of stretching areas but they also can be beaten with a little thought.

I haven't bothered looking at many. The ones I did look at are just redone from the old ones I sent to you. They all need to be rebuilt! I sent you 3 or 4 versions of Helvetica Font to use, their all using Arial font ATM.

djr Bathurst for one have a sponsor logo on the headlights. This is not there, the lights are clear like the rest of the season.
Yes, to just do the windows means a lot of research, no different to the liveries themselves.

im puzzled are you saying the names on the window are the wrong font? i made all the wiindow files using the temp and the only parts i used of what you sent me was stuff i havnt got the talent to make myself eg the yellow or red under the sunstrips ect and yes i will redo the Djr Bathurst i didnt have any pics of the bathurst cars ony sandown my bad.

Ok, djr car 18. The numbers are wrong. The names look alright.
I didn't look at all of them. I opened one or two and saw the wrong font so I assumed there could be more.
The single numbers need to be move over to the side of windshield on more I've looked at now.
You might want to check all the cars for Bathurst, djr weren't the only team that changed things for that round.

Hi Guys

I have started looking at the cars for the best ones to put in, and will be posting the feedback I can see on here for the corrections. While the quality looks really good, there will need to be some corrections needed to get the cars up to the best quality they can be. Here's the first car.

Autobarn: The car started the season as a VY I think, so this is what O would like the car to released as.

There are 2 skins to consider. One was built on the VY, the other on the VZ.

While the VZ appears to have higher resolution logos, there are some simple issues, including the 2005 V8Supercars logo on the bottom of the wheel arch. It has not been cut out correctly, and considering it is a black car it detracts from the overall skin.

The VY does not have that same issue, however the clarity of the skin looks like it may have been saved with the incorrect DDS settings. The logos look slightly pixelated, and the colour also, but that could be because of the saving settings.

Also, the Vision logos are not exact

However, as Mick nominated to do this one, and used the VY template, I would like to go with this one if you think we can get the clarity and the vision logo right. Are you up for the challenge mick?.

While the VZ appears to have higher resolution logos, there are some simple issues, including the 2005 V8Supercars logo on the bottom of the wheel arch. It has not been cut out correctly, and considering it is a black car it detracts from the overall skin.
Just as point of reference.
upload_2014-5-30_20-7-39.png

It's now much harder to get good reference shots of these cars in any year now that Bigpond and inetpics are gone. Even last years cars are now not possible to get ref of all rounds.

Nothing against Mick's work but personally I'd go with Doug's. The attention to detail is higher. Compare the small print under the realdriver logos to see who has gone all out to get it as close as possible to the original.

As for the VY vs VZ, it did start the year as a VY but only appeared in that spec at the AGP and Clipsal. It then missed the next 2 rounds due to grid restrictions before being upgraded to VZ-spec for Round 4 at Eastern Creek. I recall at the rounds it missed, Autobarn actually sponsored one of the Dynamik cars with a white base instead of the usual Rod Nash Racing black. It would be good to have pictures of this car but I've had no luck finding any.

Awesome. That's the one! I'm happy to make it if you want, unless you're keen to. You wouldn't by any chance have any decent pictures of the GoTalk livery either, in particular the roof or a closeup of the bonnet?

I'll do the BOC cars first though. I've started them but I'll get stuck into them properly after work tomorrow.

Go Talk 44, I do have most of it. I would have done it earlier but I don't have a clue on the bonnet logo. I know it's got the sheep in a red circle but can't make out the rest.

autobarn 44, With the current car that I've done (the black one) and the Boomerang logo already done for the 44 car, it would be far simpler for me to do the white version but not if the other doesn't match it.

I can put the three pics of the Go Talk in dropbox for you but unless you can find the bonnet logo it can't be finished accurately.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%