Team ORSM

My suggestion then is..

The VY is completed by MIck, and as mentioned at the start of the process we assist Mick to get this skin to the standards we all expect.

This means not only assisting with the processes (like the DDS saving paramaters), but also with logos if they are available. That's how ORSM works as a team.

This will leave the No 7 as a VY all season, which is not a bad thing as we can't change it mid season. We tried originally to get this working, but it is a restriction based on how our models are made in rF. There is only a limited number of parts that can be interchangable and the rear section was not one of them. Even if we just changed the front panels, and then the skin, the light glows at the rear remain as VY lights, so it looks crap.

So, lets leave the 7 as VY (oops sorry, I have VZ in error) and the 44 can be completed by Doug off his existing YZ RNR version as it would involve very little work.

What do you think lads?

Last edited:
Go Talk 44, I do have most of it. I would have done it earlier but I don't have a clue on the bonnet logo. I know it's got the sheep in a red circle but can't make out the rest.

autobarn 44, With the current car that I've done (the black one) and the Boomerang logo already done for the 44 car, it would be far simpler for me to do the white version but not if the other doesn't match it.

I can put the three pics of the Go Talk in dropbox for you but unless you can find the bonnet logo it can't be finished accurately.
Yep, it makes sense for you to do the Autobarn 44. As for the Go Talk one, that bonnet logo is also the one that was catching me out. Being a 1 round only car makes it even trickier than usual to find good pictures of it.

upload_2014-5-31_15-56-46.png

upload_2014-5-31_15-57-17.png

upload_2014-5-31_15-58-19.png

Well Ladies and Gents..

I have spent some time today compiling the structure of the season and it is looking very nice. All I have to do now is start adding the content over the place markers and get a good in game shot for the title page.

There is still a few pieces of content that are being worked on, but once I have it in a Beta stage, I will send an email to the contributors for them to download and test. If all goes well, we should be out to the community by the middle of the month.

So... anyone with download sites, please let me know so I can give you a copy to mirror when it is ready.

Jase

I have all the Fords done myself (including the WPS), but like I said in the initial post, if the community contributes and the skins are up to the appropriate standards then they will be included. So I look forward to seeing how the BOC stands up. As an alternative, I do have the upside down logo skin built that they ran after B Jones slipped the car twice in the one season (I think from memory it was Puke and then WA that he landed on his lid). The inverted logos and the This way up message were run at EC I think, but can't remember exactly.

So you know my viewpoint.. I am a skinner/project manager on our normal mods, but on this job I will be focusing on my project managing role more.

However, in saying that above, I put a lot of work into building the WPS font for the safety cars and the earlier seasons, and that will be one I will be keeping in unless the submitted version is perfect.

@still_bacon
I know what you mean when you say about the WPS font. I've done the same thing for when I built the two WPS cars for the Custom_Series. Still have them all in vector along with a heap of other stuff.

I have faith that Silver_ can/will do a great job with the BOC and WPS cars but things like the upside down livery, he want be able to find reference for now. It's hard enough to find good pictures for the normal rounds let alone special one off. I don't have that reference stuff either so I would have missed it.

Anyway, on you earlier post. I have MediaFire, Dropbox can host it but we may need the room latter. I have DepoitFiles as well but many people complained about that one, that's why I've started using MediaFire.

Thanks EA..

Stocktake time for outstanding content..

Skins:
Awaiting the Final fixes for Mick.S for the Autobarn car. I will leave Chaos_F1s version in there as a stop gap as it is on the VY template. There appears to be an exporting issue as the black is washing out.

There has been no submitted SCAR skins, so I have T-Man's skins in there as stop gap.

I have consolidated all the submitted skins and the best ones have been included so far. I am still willing to change what's in there if something better comes along EA!!

Pitboards and Pitboxes:
All in and look great. I have used the Pitboxes I built for the ORSM 2005 mod so they don't match the boards exactly, but they are only for the ORSM Bathurst and Lidar Oran Park, so no issue there.

Windows:
I had some windows on hand that Gavin G built that are useful, so that means we are still to complete the following only:

Paul Morris 67 - Done
SCAR 50 & 51 - Started
Tasman 03 & 23 - Started
Team Dynamik 44 & 45 - Started
TKR 021 - Started

I'll look after the Larkhams as they are matching to my skins.

Otherwise, we are nearly ready to go. I will try and compile the Beta test version for you to play with by the end of the week. If the windows are ready by then, great, if not its not a show stopper.

Great work guys.

Last edited:
The Supercheap cars are in Dropbox mate. Have been for ages. Under Supercheap. haha....

Silver_ has done quite a few team boards. Be good to use them were possible. Not all are done so using the ORSM remaining ones is fine.

Last edited:
Don't bother about the Bathurst versions. As I mentioned, I will only include variations that are major changes, i.e. 50th Win if HRT and the WPS changes.

Drop box the BOCs though. they look pretty good.
I already uploaded them. I'll still do the Bathurst versions, even if it does end up just for my own use. We've pretty much got a full set of Bathurst liveries now anyway, so I don't see the harm in adding them in?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.