Team ORSM

48 views and counting - so I must not be the only one interested in this topic.

Ultimately, I'd like to enforce a rule that drivers must use each compound atleast once during an event, but the only way that I know I can enforce this is visually checking the replay.

So any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

The tyre texture change was a new development that came up not that long before release. This was tested and the textures do change to indicate the tyre compound. Why it's not working for you is a mystery. Take it you've spoken to the other people on the server that night and all are reporting the same thing?

48 views and counting - so I must not be the only one interested in this topic.

I don't think that it's people aren't interested. It could be more others aren't having the same problem so to answer this question becomes hard to understand why it's not working for you when it dose for them. When questions like this do come up we generally wait to see if others are having the same issue and/ or found the reason why and been able to resolve it as a group. (League)

The only thing that I can think is the texture settings your using or DX. As you used your PC as the server that night It could be that a low texture setting on the server itself maybe not have allowed the texture change to take place and just remained as default.

I've had the same problem too Doug. Offline it works fine, online it doesn't.

Its a shame cause alot of leagues would love to have it working to spice up online races, other then relying on peoples trust.

I think its a case of how rfactor loads images for the model from the MAS file. I know that with 1.2 of V8F i was grabbing certain graphic files from the MAS to customise my car. I submitted those for a skinpack, and when i entered an online server first all other holdens were picking up my "customised" files.

Heres to hoping rF2 fixes that problem.

Yes Dave, V8Factor wasn't set up for tyre texture changes so when we started doing it by adding new textures to one team file it did show on all the cars. In a server the first car that entered with the texture changes was the one all entries showed when using custom cars in skin packs for leagues. We've raced together at AusFactor. A long time ago now.

With the tyre textures it maybe something like the cars when your on track and some one joins the server, That car want show and is replaced by the temp car until after you return to your garage. So when you re-enter the track this other car now shows to you as it should.I think this could be the same for the tyre textures not showing in a online race. If this is the case then we really can't fix this problem. It's a texture loading thing when you return to the garage all the cars are refreshed so any texture changes and/or added cars are then loaded.

Thank you Doug :) I hope I didn't come off as rude - I was just surprised at a no response despite getting so many views.

I'll check out you're suggestion regarding the server settings and see if that's the culprit - I really hope you're right as it really enhances the strategic aspect of the races.

I agree with you Dave - I'm hoping they implement a lot of "ease - of - use" enhancements to rF2 including an easier interface to load in skins. Personally, I think iRacing handles this very well (some standard colors, standard templates and logos).

another WIP started

Wallis.jpg

Damn fine work lads.. Just make sure you tweak the rims because there was only a few of the teams on the 12 spoke controls at QLD. Cam McConville, SimPro, Bates and Midway.

Also, not sure if they have changed it from your initial resource shots, but the SimPro boys are now running flouro yellow as the main part of the scheme, not black (those 2 are pretty much reversed). I sent some nice shots to ESP if you need them.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%