Team ORSM

Aha! I was searching for Falcon AU and Commodore VX and it came to this. Hooray. Bump bump bump! This is what's best if the seasons of the late 90s to 2004 could be covered once Falcon AU, Commodore VX and VT are made. LOL! It's in my future wishlist. :)

I've been working on this myself. I converted a lot of the 03' and 04' skins (the ones from DPainter and others) to V8Factor Unleashed. I also changed the Commodores for those years to the VY model and make a few slight tweaks to a few skins. Working through them. A bit time consuming but can certainly be done. Basically you'll have to add the alpha channel for the unleashed mod to the old skin. Something interesting I noticed is that the ****livery.dds file is now for the windows (it used to be for the main paint scheme). The base dds file now has this. I've been redoing the windows to the new style, and had to do a new upgrade file for each team. You'll also have to do new wheel files (the ****rims.dds replace the old wheelts and wheelfs files). Driver suits and helmets are also different. Hope this helps.

It's very possible to convert the old skins however the new Unleashed skins have been recompressed to dds using our new body and window templates with completely different shading layers and levels to the older 1.30 ones. The 1.30 skins look terrible as just straight conversions which is why we've rebuilt them from the ground up.

I converted a lot of the 03' and 04' skins (the ones from DPainter and others) to V8Factor Unleashed.

Yeah, I've put all my 2003 liveries on the new templates and built up the 2003 season. Some of those cars are from my earlier work and are quite sub-standard now. I've rebuild the SBR cars and are going to go through the lot of them over time. Whether it gets out to you guy's I don't know. There was some cars that still ran the AU and VT right through that year. I've started them around mid year when most were the BA and VY.

The trouble with using the released DDS files is when you add the alpha and save them again to DDS, The DDS compression is doubled. This makes them loose clarity so a hi-res skin looks low-res. If you start with low-res like what was in the original 06 release they would look even worse.

have updated the colour on Fiores Perth car and started the Taz Douglas cars

fiore-2.jpg

douglas.jpg

ok i am still alive and kicking, been a very hectic few months, new baby born in august, the major computer fail, ive only just recovered everything, and my grandfather passed away a couple of weeks ago. So hence why i haven't been aropund for awhile. But now things are starting to settle down again i can get back to work on this. Heres my lastest one completed only a few minutes ago:

6299330960_21d7afbf5b_b.jpg

6299330968_c312910c61_b.jpg

I recently hosted a dedicated server for some friends and me to mess with online, and I noticed that all of their cars were defaulting to the yellow tyre no matter which compound they selected. However, when I changed tyres on my car the color changed to match the tyre (as it should).

In other words ... I'd love to be able to see if my teammates/competitors are using a soft or enduro tyre, but it doesn't seem to be working online - all the cars appear to be using the yellow banded tyre.

So is there something I did wrong (my settings are at dx9 and Full graphical detail BTW), or is this a limitation of rFactor1?

Thanks in advance.

Hello to Mute and an awesome paintjob of the TDR's Holden.

Congrats to having a newborn and at the same time, thoughts of blessing goes to your grandfather.

May everything be well from now on.

Look forward for more updates and soon a release of the great work by both you and ESP. Cheers!

Hi new here just joined up. Have downloaded V8 factor unleashed from rfactor central and now i cannot get out of the series to play any other series just says rfactor has stopped working and closes the progarm. I have been seraching the forums for a topic on this with no avail.. Any help would be great as it is doing my head in. Thanks Peter Rodger.

It could be that files from the V8 mod interfere with files from other mods. Try to remove the V8 mod and see if it works then. If not i can't help you any further. Its always best to install new mods to a fresh install of rFactor (Lite).

Hi new here just joined up. Have downloaded V8 factor unleashed from rfactor central and now i cannot get out of the series to play any other series just says rfactor has stopped working and closes the progarm. I have been seraching the forums for a topic on this with no avail.. Any help would be great as it is doing my head in. Thanks Peter Rodger.

Did you download the base pack?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea