Featured TCR is Coming to AC Club Racing!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,924
    TCR Coming to RD Club Racing 1.jpg
    By popular demand, the epic SEAT Leon TCR will be coming to our Assetto Corsa Club Racing servers... starting this Friday 29th June!

The SEAT TCR, developed by the wonderful Shaun Clarke and team, is a simply majestic community modification for Assetto Corsa and almost perfectly captures the spirit of the rapidly growing TCR regulations that are taking touring car racing by storm these last few years.

TCR Coming to RD Club Racing 3.jpg

With such a fine level of development having been lavished on the car, and because all at RaceDepartment love us some touring car action, we think the time is right to introduce this little beauty into our club racing schedule.. as such the TCR SEAT will be making its debut at our next Friday night spectacular, promising a full field of these beasts around the stunning Kent countryside at the Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit in England...

All you need to do to take part is be a Premium member of RaceDepartment, download the latest version of the mod HERE and sign up in the comments section of our race thread HERE.

TCR Coming to RD Club Racing 4.jpg

This is a very exciting move for our Friday night events, and we hope you enjoy the change of scene as we look to make these events the kind of success worthy of such a quality mod.

Come along, have some fun and get those wingmirrors knocked off the car in some close and hard online racing action!

Oh and before I forget, this isn't just a one off race! The TCR will be our car of choice every Friday night in Assetto Corsa for the near future, where our awesome race staff will be looking to get the AC hype train in full swing with x2 20 minute race events, free practice server and open setups - this is going to be epic!

TCR Coming to RD Club Racing 2.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see the TCR SEAT coming to our Club Racing events? Looking forward to taking this cool car online in RD events? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting

Ratings:
    +124
    People disagreeing with videos and advertisements make me wonder if they are taking the right medicine...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. T04STY

T04STY
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Why would someone dislike this? O.o
    I mean...if you don't like TCR cars don't click it and then dislike, just bamboozle off!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +71
    I suppose someone just clicked a wrong icon...

5. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    Wonderful mod :) ..will enjoy racing it for sure :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Assetto Corsa Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,532
    Thank you Paul for the write up and thank you @Shaun Clarke for such a wonderful mod. Sorry it took so long for us to find a home for it, but hopefully we'll see it for a long time:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. drift92

drift92

Ratings:
    +52
    one of the best FWD car in this sim :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +585
    I wish the toe settings on the setup could be revisited but it seems no one cares :)

9. Lum

Lum
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    I'll try to be there...

• Love Love x 2
  10. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    Loves a meme or gif, not really fussy. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +625
    Looking forward to hosting this event!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ears

ears
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    A great mod and very good for close racing. I've had a few good online races with this car, none as close as this one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,631
    Hi there, Please don't say I don't care, as you know how passionate I am, I have had some scary health issues (enrythrocytosis, to be exact) which I have kept away from sim racing ( put it this way had my first proper race last night for 2 months)

If you want to me re-visit something, please mate, just PM me and I will see what I can do.

@Paul Jeffrey WOW this is awesome stuff, and thank you, everybody for your kind words, will try and get on this when and where possible.

Regards

Shaun

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +585
    sad to hear that, hope you get better soon! I posted it several times on the support thread of the car

14. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    Indeed Shaun..look after yourself mate :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lum

Lum
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    Get well soon, Shaun!

You must do all other TCR cars :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +14,924
    Damn mate, sorry to hear and get well soon! Hey, maybe we can do that interview one day, when we stop taking it in turns being unwell! lol :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2

Ratings:
    +69
    @Shaun Best wishes. Get well soon

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Assetto Corsa Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,532
    Shaun Clarke I'm sorry you're having health problems. Glad to see you are doing well enough to race again. Hope it stays that way.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rory Wetherington

Rory Wetherington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    Love this mod!!! simply a blast to drive and would love to join you guys, but I work Thursdays thru Saturdays. Good luck all and have fun.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Tommy makeinen

Tommy makeinen

Ratings:
    +3
    should've stayed his line 16.03 ...basically pit maneuverd his self ha!